If Goku joined the Justice League...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If Goku joined the Justice League...

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:
TheUltimateVegito wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Both Superman and Wonder Woman would lose to True Golden Frieza, much less Super Saiyan Blue Goku. Most of the Justice League would be very jealous of someone who has had such adventures as Son Goku.
I don't wanna turn this into a Superman vs Goku debate but I doubt Superman would lose to Golden Frieza or SSJB Goku, have you seen the crazy feats Superman has displayed? And why would the Justice League be jealous of the adventures Goku had? Haven't the Justice League been on adventures themselves?
Superman is superior to Goku as of now. Superman had fought and defeated/outwitted beings that would put Zeno to shame. Golden frieZa a would not be as big of a threat as we all think. The justice league have travelled across they're multiverse several occasions, different dimensions, timelines, and met God. Goku would be considered to be a novice to them.
Everyone tends to forget that Superman isn't the most powerful person on the Justice League. If written competently (i.e. everyone using all of their powers to the fullest and no jobbing), Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and the Flash are all more powerful than him. Wonder Woman is comparable.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:15 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:
TheUltimateVegito wrote:
I don't wanna turn this into a Superman vs Goku debate but I doubt Superman would lose to Golden Frieza or SSJB Goku, have you seen the crazy feats Superman has displayed? And why would the Justice League be jealous of the adventures Goku had? Haven't the Justice League been on adventures themselves?
Superman is superior to Goku as of now. Superman had fought and defeated/outwitted beings that would put Zeno to shame. Golden frieZa a would not be as big of a threat as we all think. The justice league have travelled across they're multiverse several occasions, different dimensions, timelines, and met God. Goku would be considered to be a novice to them.
Everyone tends to forget that Superman isn't the most powerful person on the Justice League. If written competently (i.e. everyone using all of their powers to the fullest and no jobbing), Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and the Flash are all more powerful than him. Wonder Woman is comparable.
People also forget that Dr. Fate, Shazam and Zatanna can defeat Superman since he's vulnerable to magic.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:33 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:
People also forget that Dr. Fate, Shazam and Zatanna can defeat Superman since he's vulnerable to magic.
They mostly belonged to the JSA though, not the JLA.

But Dr. Fate could get ridiculous sometimes with his level of power.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:16 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
They mostly belonged to the JSA though, not the JLA.

But Dr. Fate could get ridiculous sometimes with his level of power.
Oh I know. I am not saying superman is the most powerful member. Martian Manhunter could turn goku into a vegetable or go into his ear and squeeze his brain. Flash could move so fast and remove his heart. Dr. Fate could have goku' soul seperated from his body sending him somewhere else forever. I only mentioned batman and superman. Because I thought the original post was dealing with current JL. Since most of the people you mentioned aren't currently on the team.

Goku is tremendously powerful. I will give him that. But even he is a small fish in a big pond now. Goku has accomplished lots of cool feats and made friends with his Multiverses head. But that's nothing to what the justice league have encountered. I mean even the current team could do decent in the db multiverse. But as for the original point goku would not do well on the justice league. They would consider him a risk. They would either have to teach him to be better or find a way to send him back to his multiverse. However superman and the league would have problems with gods of destruction. Even Zeno, superman would give him a talking too. Especially of how irresponsible he is.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:44 am

Going slightly off-topic. Maybe not the Justice League for reasons stated (that Saiyan blood is going to make him a menace in a universe like that...kind of like how he is in the Super anime right now), but MAYBE Goku would fit a bit better along with the Avengers. They'd have their problems with him. But, then again they kind of have problems with each other. haha They deal with inflated egos all the time.

Though, him being with the Justice League would make for an interesting story. Maybe they can make him change his ways? Maybe? Who knows. Though, I suppose they're more likely to toss him to the Phantom Zone or toss him back home like you guys said.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 am

ConfusedPhantom wrote:Going slightly off-topic. Maybe not the Justice League for reasons stated (that Saiyan blood is going to make him a menace in a universe like that...kind of like how he is in the Super anime right now), but MAYBE Goku would fit a bit better along with the Avengers. They'd have their problems with him. But, then again they kind of have problems with each other. haha They deal with inflated egos all the time.

Though, him being with the Justice League would make for an interesting story. Maybe they can make him change his ways? Maybe? Who knows. Though, I suppose they're more likely to toss him to the Phantom Zone or toss him back home like you guys said.
The Avengers have had worse team members throughout the years (in terms of motivation and personality), so yeah.

Gerky

Post by Gerky » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 am

ConfusedPhantom wrote:Going slightly off-topic. Maybe not the Justice League for reasons stated (that Saiyan blood is going to make him a menace in a universe like that...kind of like how he is in the Super anime right now), but MAYBE Goku would fit a bit better along with the Avengers. They'd have their problems with him. But, then again they kind of have problems with each other. haha They deal with inflated egos all the time.

The Avengers would also try to depower Goku or send him back to his own universe the second he risked innocent peoples safety for his fight lust. Neither team would want anything to do with them because outside of his own universe he is dangerous.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:16 am

Gerky wrote:

The Avengers would also try to depower Goku or send him back to his own universe the second he risked innocent peoples safety for his fight lust. Neither team would want anything to do with them because outside of his own universe he is dangerous.
I'm not sure about that. Thor and Hercules have done similar things in the past... the worst they get is a good dressing down from the team leader, whoever it happens to be at the time.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:16 am

ekrolo2 wrote: They're far from helpless, they've got plenty of tech and abilities around to send Goku back to his home universe. If that's out of the question, Superman himself will kill Goku when he does something so idiotically selfish that he'll have no choice but to put him down. Contrary to popular belief, the only one who's actually a whiny cunt about killing people is Batman, everyone else on the League is fine with it to varying degrees, even Superman who can and will kill someone when the situation calls for it.
Superman doesn't kill unless the opponent is doomsday, and even in that case, superman would try not to kill, considering he has saved the life of doomsday once.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:55 am

apex_pretador wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: They're far from helpless, they've got plenty of tech and abilities around to send Goku back to his home universe. If that's out of the question, Superman himself will kill Goku when he does something so idiotically selfish that he'll have no choice but to put him down. Contrary to popular belief, the only one who's actually a whiny cunt about killing people is Batman, everyone else on the League is fine with it to varying degrees, even Superman who can and will kill someone when the situation calls for it.
Superman doesn't kill unless the opponent is doomsday, and even in that case, superman would try not to kill, considering he has saved the life of doomsday once.
He's killed Zod, Darkseid, Brainiac, Cyborg Superman,... When they present too big of a threat. When Goku's action kill billions of people, Supes will be gunning for him.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Gerky

Post by Gerky » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:19 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
He's killed Zod, Darkseid, Brainiac, Cyborg Superman,... When they present too big of a threat. When Goku's action kill billions of people, Supes will be gunning for him.
Hasn't he only killed Zod the once (outside of movies), in the late 80's, as an execution via kryptonite?
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Gerky wrote:

I'm not sure about that. Thor and Hercules have done similar things in the past... the worst they get is a good dressing down from the team leader, whoever it happens to be at the time.
Thor and Hercules can be arrogant and drag a fight out, but they won't allow a being to reach it's ultimate power because they get off on it/

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:12 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
I don't think Supes would need to kill Goku, he could lobotomize him.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Gerky wrote:Thor and Hercules can be arrogant and drag a fight out, but they won't allow a being to reach it's ultimate power because they get off on it/
One time Thor fought the Hulk in the middle of NYC and they nearly destroyed the city, and then later when asked why he didn't just use his hammer to send the Hulk to another dimension, he replied along the lines of he was having too much fun brawling with him.

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:54 pm

Question: which Goku are we talking about? Because while I've seen plenty of posts about how dangerous Goku is for his tendency to let his enemies get stronger or how Batman would need to trick him into thinking his enemies are already at their best, that seems more necessary to deal with Super Goku than Z Goku.

Z Goku refused to fight Majon Vegeta until Babidi took them away from innocents. Z Goku was (briefly) ready to wallop Frieza on Namek before he got to 100%. Z Goku warned Gohan to finish Cell off before he got desperate, and prior to that, was ready to step back into the fight when it turned out Gohan didn't have his father's warrior instinct. Z Goku kept his fights away from people (both against Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga to not harm his friends' dead bodies on the off-chance of finding some other way to revive them and against the Androids). Z Goku was willing to stay dead if it meant the Earth wouldn't have to be in the line of fire.

I feel like he has more "superhero" tendencies than people give him credit for, or at least did prior to Super. Yes, fighting strong opponents is a major driving force but he has shown the ability to keep those instincts in check. And yes, Toei and Funimation may have exacerbated those tendencies but they were already there.

So which Goku?
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:35 am

I've actually written a fan fic where Superman hates Gokuu because of his attitude and actions. It makes sense to me that the sort of black-and-white nature of Superman and the generic western superhero would definitely want to incarcerate Son Gokuu for his ideas and actions.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:41 am

Spin off question:

Superman meets Kid Goku at the point Goku defeats Picocolo Jr.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:42 am

Lord Beerus wrote:They would kick him out the Justice League the second he let his enemies get more powerful.
No you are the probably wrong. The bigger reason is probably the fridge.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:16 pm

Berserker1921 wrote: Superman is superior to Goku as of now.
He really isn't,the moment Goku became universal is when he became far superior.It seems you're underestimating Goku while ranking Supes too high .

Superman had fought and defeated/outwitted beings that would put Zeno to shame.
Oh really Superman has fought beings capable of casually destroying timelines?As an DC comic reader I would love to hear who this person is considering Superman gets ko'd by far less
Golden frieZa a would not be as big of a threat as we all think
Yeah Golden Freeeza stronger than a person who can destroy the entire universe wouldn't be a threat to the league funny the last time someone was a threat to the universe was the Darkseid War Arc which had the league become Gods themselves.
The justice league have travelled across they're multiverse several occasions, different dimensions, timelines, and met God. Goku would be considered to be a novice to them.
The Justice League has never met God what story arc are you referring to?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:18 pm

Goku would probably have himself kicked out of the Justice League not even a year in. And you best believe Batman will find a way to counter Super Saiyan.

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:48 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Batman wouldn't kill Goku, but he'd come up with a way to remove or negate his powers, or some other way to deal with him. Batman came up with safeguards for every other member of the League; he'd find some way to take care of Goku. That's what he does.
Son Goku doesn't have powers. In the DB universe ki energy is as natural to the body as running, jumping etc. etc. If Goku is alive he can use his ki.

In regards to the topic; they wouldn't allow him to be part of the team for long. Not only would Goku allow strong enemies to get stronger, but he'd never bother helping against enemies much weaker than himself. He'd just train for years on end till a galaxy destroying tyrant appeared while the JL did all the work.