Cell as a good guy?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SkylarEC

Cell as a good guy?

Post by SkylarEC » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:51 am

I've just rewatched a few scattered episodes during the Cell arc, and I started thinking. Cell isn't really that bad of a guy. Sure he's selfish, but I think he'd've come around to the good side in the end if he didn't have to be destroyed. In fact, I'd certainly list Cell as the least evil bad guy in the enitre series.

When the Cell Games were over, and if Cell were to become good, just like Vegeta, Piccolo, and Tenshinhan did, how well do you think he would've stacked up against Buu?

We know that Cell is one of three people to ever become a SSj2. One of four poeple if you count Majin Vegeta.

Obviously, a SSj2 alone is not enough to defeat Buu, but what if Cell were to train, how great could he have become?

Imagine a SSj3 Cell merging with Goku. Cellku would most likely be unstoppable. Or even what about SSj2 Celhan? Celltenks?

But even futher, I think Cell could've been a great asset to the team during GT. With two warriors who can Instant Transmit themselves, would anyone stand a chance against that?

I only wish I was better with Photoshop, becasue I'd like to see a SSj4 Cellku.
www.myspace.com/skylarec Check me out, I rock.

Majin Cell
Not-So-Newbie
Location: I don't know where this place is but it sure is wierd.

Post by Majin Cell » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:12 am

I actually agree with you about Cell being the least evil of the villains. I mean he did do some bad things(he was a villain after all) but compared to someone like Freeza, he wasn't that bad. In his first form he killed for energy. He did it because he had to. Sort of like a predator and prey thing. In his second form he no longer absorbed people and the only reason he destroyed those islands is because he was so angry because he couldn't find #18. Once he reached his perfect form, he didn't kill anyone unless they bothered him first. Now Cell was a villain and did plan on destroying the earth if he won but he didn't win and thus earth was saved. I'm not saying Cell was good because like I said he planned on destroying the earth if he won but that didn't actually happen so I don't count that against him. After all Mr.Toriyama had to make him want to blow up the earth because he was after all a villain. As for how Cell would do against Majin Buu, I think he would do great. Assuming he was powerful enough of course. Cell has all kinds of abilities that would be very useful against Majin Buu.
Last edited by Majin Cell on Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is impossible to improve upon perfection.

Taku128
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Taku128 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:26 am

It's possible Cell would come around, after all he was only programed to become perfect, but he'd absorbed #18, and I'm sure Kuririn wouldn't be happy around him if he stayed perfect.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:35 am

Polite and generally docile does not a good guy make.
We know that Cell is one of three people to ever become a SSj2. One of four poeple if you count Majin Vegeta.
But...Vegeta was shown as Ssj2 after being released from Bobbidi's "control" and all evidence suggests he could do it before then as well...

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:15 am

Taku128 wrote:It's possible Cell would come around, after all he was only programed to become perfect, but he'd absorbed #18, and I'm sure Kuririn wouldn't be happy around him if he stayed perfect.
I only say this becuse of that the instant transmission have been brought up: Cell learned the instant transmission first when he had been self-destructed as Impefect Cell form 2. Then he recovered and had learned the instant transmission and he was super perfect then wihout android 18. So android 18 would be free to go.

MartianOddity
Beyond Newbie

Post by MartianOddity » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:38 am

I see Cell as evil as Vegeta in Saiyan Saga.
He kills those he doesn't like, and he wants to destroy Earth, just as Vegeta wanted when he got pissed in Saiyan Saga.
Good people last longer!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:59 am

If Piccolo and Vegeta could become good guys, then I think Cell could've. But, the series would've ended before he'd become more than 'Piccolo vs Raditz'.

Kristiann
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kristiann » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:06 pm

But if Cell turned good then Freeza wouldn't have anyone else to play around/terrorize Filler Hell with. :P
Want [b][url=http://db.kittenthecat.com/features/high-spirited-saga]Songs of a High-Spirited Saga[/url][/b]?
[b]DBZ Movie Trailers![/b]: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jjm1JU43z0]Namek on Fire[/url] / [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyPiWvvKxsk]Resident Evil[/url] / [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhMaYs5OGfY]Pirates of the Galaxy[/url]
[url=http://kittenthecat.com]KittenTheCat.Com[/url] | [url=http://db.kittenthecat.com]Orange Star - A Personal Tribute to Dragon Ball[/url]

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:26 pm

I'm sorry, but I just can't see how Cell can strike you as a good guy in any way.

Cell may have been the only villian that was ever able to have an entire conversation with them, and he did sound quite articulate when doing so.

But he's still pretty damn evil.

I have to take the complete opposite side here and say that it would never happen in a million years.

Vegeta and Piccolo were quite different when they switched over to the good side.

Piccolo was swayed by Gohan's kindness, and in time learned about friendship and emotion. We clearly see that Gohan does not have that type of effect on Cell.

Vegeta had quite a rough transition, and he wasn't even really considered a good guy until around the time of the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai. He still tried to steal the dragonballs from them on Namek, and up until the fight with Majin Buu, he wasn't fighting to save the world, he was fighting to be the best.

The way I see it Cell was out there to destroy the world, but he had too much Saiya-jin in him to just blow up the planet without first fighting his enemies at full power. But he just so happened to lose, so instead of blowing up earth, he died instead. Simple as that.
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

superstar
Banned

Re: Cell as a good guy?

Post by superstar » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:25 pm

SkylarEC wrote:how well do you think he would've stacked up against Buu?Obviously, a SSj2 alone is not enough to defeat Buu, but what if Cell were to train, how great could he have become?.
Cell would have been the STRONGEST character in the Z senshi. Cell played with Goku and could of killed him at any time. Gohan became stronger by surpassing Kanzentai Cell, but when Super Kanzentai Cell came along I beleive the tables were turned and Cell once again became the strongest.

Cell would have been great if he trained because basically I believe that is all he would do is train and find ways to increase his skill.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:11 pm

Cell really didnt have a personality of his own. It was forced out of DNA from the most evil people in the DBZ universe. Think about it, King Piccolo, Freeza, King Kold. Cell didnt have a choice really.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:00 pm

SkylarEC wrote:We know that Cell is one of three people to ever become a SSj2. One of four poeple if you count Majin Vegeta.
Vegeta was shown as an SSj2 when he fought Kid Buu.
Imagine a SSj3 Cell merging with Goku. Cellku would most likely be unstoppable. Or even what about SSj2 Celhan? Celltenks?
Cell might be too tall for the Fusion Dance and he doesn't have any ears for the Potara. :P

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:44 pm

He's got those yellow square things on the side of his head :mrgreen:
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:47 pm

superstar wrote:
SkylarEC wrote:how well do you think he would've stacked up against Buu?Obviously, a SSj2 alone is not enough to defeat Buu, but what if Cell were to train, how great could he have become?.
Cell would have been great if he trained because basically I believe that is all he would do is train and find ways to increase his skill.
Nah, if he was no.1 he wouldn't have the drive to increase it further because hey, being no.1 obviously proves he's perfect.

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:56 pm

I like the prospect of Cell becoming a good guy, even though it would never happen. Perhaps if he had a reason to become a good guy, but he doesn't. He has a lot more of a reason to remain a bad guy. For one, he's in Fill Hell, and what's closer to Heaven than that? :lol:
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:47 pm

He's up there right with Broli (God that was my favorate alternate tale in Supersonic warriors 2) - he was forced to be evil by situation he never realyl made a concious thought. Had Cell been defeated, but not killed, and given time to think over things, with his perfect intellect and whantot, who knows he MIGHT've becopme a Vegeta esque character.

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:05 am

Cell was made to be a biological killer. He pretty much threatened to blow up the planet just out of boredom, because he had nothing else to do. He has no problem about killing to get what he wants. Think of his mindset...he thought none of the warriors could possibly come close to beating him...thus he wanted to kill them one at a time before blowing up the planet. That's quite a mean streak.

Cell is my favorite villain of all time, and in my opinion, he should have been the last.

Also, I bet he feels pretty good everytime he kill Trunks, ha ha. He blew a hole the size of a basketball through Trunks' chest with Vegeta watching. Pretty evil if ya ask me.
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

SkylarEC

Post by SkylarEC » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:52 am

I don't know, maybe this is just filler, but there is an episode [154 - "No Worries Here"] where Cell decides he wants to train a litle while waiting for the Cell Games. So he flies into space and decides to punch meteors and asteroids into bits.

At one point, Cell comes across an asteroid that is most likely big enough to destroy the Earth. And you can almost see the gears turning in his head as he ponders whether or not to let the asteroid crash into the Earth. Ultimately, he dicides to give the Earthlings a little light show and destroys the asteroid, making for quite the spectacular meteor shower.

I'm pretty sure that saving the planet makes some pretty good starting material for becoming a good guy. And you can't help but feel good about what just happened.
www.myspace.com/skylarec Check me out, I rock.

vl

Post by vl » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:13 am

SkylarEC wrote:I don't know, maybe this is just filler, but there is an episode [154 - "No Worries Here"] where Cell decides he wants to train a litle while waiting for the Cell Games. So he flies into space and decides to punch meteors and asteroids into bits.

At one point, Cell comes across an asteroid that is most likely big enough to destroy the Earth. And you can almost see the gears turning in his head as he ponders whether or not to let the asteroid crash into the Earth. Ultimately, he dicides to give the Earthlings a little light show and destroys the asteroid, making for quite the spectacular meteor shower.

I'm pretty sure that saving the planet makes some pretty good starting material for becoming a good guy. And you can't help but feel good about what just happened.
Yeah, that was filler.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:31 am

I'd like to think that he had the possibility of redemption inside him; after all a character like Vegeta went from an unrepentive genocider and planet destroyer to a pretty decent guy eventually.

But with Cell, I don't see it ever happening. He's too much like Freeza, in that he doesn't just murder people, but kills and terrorizes for his own amusement.

Add to the mix that Cell is a touch insane; after his near death experience he has an epiphamy and makes it his life mission to cleanse the universe of all life, simply because he can. Not exactly the makings of potential hero.