I call bullshit on Takao Koyama's Broli claim

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: I call bullshit on Takao Koyama's Broli claim

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:19 am

Ok ok I get what you say. But it never happened to Broly so you don't know if Piccolo could actually do the same thing to him. And besides base Trunks who was badly injured was able to destabilize C-13... (I know he was a little distracted but still) Broly just get hit by everything without shaking or dodging (in the first movie).
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:27 am

BrolyKale wrote:Ok ok I get what you say. But it never happened to Broly so you don't know if Piccolo could actually do the same thing to him. And besides base Trunks who was badly injured was able to destabilize C-13... Broly just get hit by everything without shaking or dodging.
Here, from 8:17 onwards, we see Broly shaking very noticeably from the attacks, even if they don't damage him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMmC4QUrAEc . Also, notice that he starts shaking even more after Piccolo also starts punching him.

In the last video I posted, you already saw that Super 13 wasn't "destabilized", since he wasn't moved at all or damaged, the attack just distracted and angered him.

It never happened to Broly but since he doesn't weigh a lot of tons, it's a fact that it would happen to him if he was too distracted to prevent it.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:37 am

Hmm... ok lets say without dodging then and C-13 was clearly defending himself https://youtu.be/SOPuQwnUB0E?t=328
i feel like there's still a little bit of difference between C-13 and Broly

And since it never happened to him you don't know how he would react to it, you don't know if he would let Piccolo lift him up even if he was distracted, we just don't know. But I get what you say.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

MrUnusual

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:28 am

At this moment, I think it's safe to say that the Omni-King and the Grand Priest are the strongest characters in the series, Whis appears to be the strongest in our Universe though, I'm pretty sure he can beat Broly effortlessly

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:23 am

Of course he can beat Broly... I mean you don't even have to compare them because it just doesn't make sense in the first place. All the characters from DBZ are weak if they don't get any power up. Its like asking who is stronger between Freezer or Goku (from namek) and Beerus? it doesn't make sense. And Takao Koyama already said that Broly (from the movies) was reduced to a pushover compared to Beerus.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/07/07/ta ... e-of-gods/
"For this time, Goku’s opponent, designed by Toriyama-sensei, was even a God of Destruction.
In the world of Dragon Ball Z, that’s a setting where even Broli, before the God of Destruction, would face a gap like that between a Yokozuna and the very bottom of the sumo ranks. That Broli, reduced to a pushover."
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

MrUnusual

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:44 am

BrolyKale wrote:Of course he can beat Broly... I mean you don't even have to compare them because it just doesn't make sense in the first place. All the characters from DBZ are weak if they don't get any power up. Its like asking who is stronger between Freezer or Goku (from namek) and Beerus? it doesn't make sense. And Takao Koyama already said that Broly (from the movies) was reduced to a pushover compared to Beerus.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/07/07/ta ... e-of-gods/
"For this time, Goku’s opponent, designed by Toriyama-sensei, was even a God of Destruction.
In the world of Dragon Ball Z, that’s a setting where even Broli, before the God of Destruction, would face a gap like that between a Yokozuna and the very bottom of the sumo ranks. That Broli, reduced to a pushover."
Yeah, even in the Dragon Ball Z 4D experience as a God, Broly still doesn't really seem all that powerful, I mean, he gets defeated by a fusion of Goku and and an audience full of people lol, I know that's even less canon than the non-canon movies, but I thought that was pretty funny

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:54 am

I don't see what is funny about it? didn't you see how Trunks killed Zamasu or...? doesn't seem powerful? "He is described as an enemy Goku can do nothing against..." "Broly God is strong enough to fend off Goku in his Super Saiyan Blue form and base Vegeta at the same time, and at one point knocking Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta out when he was forced to get in the way of a blast to protect Bulma." God Broly is more powerful than SSJB Goku... for me he is powerful.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

MrUnusual

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:35 am

BrolyKale wrote:I don't see what is funny about it? didn't you see how Trunks killed Zamasu or...? doesn't seem powerful? "He is described as an enemy Goku can do nothing against..." "Broly God is strong enough to fend off Goku in his Super Saiyan Blue form and base Vegeta at the same time, and at one point knocking Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta out when he was forced to get in the way of a blast to protect Bulma." God Broly is more powerful than SSJB Goku... for me he is powerful.
The funny part was him fusing with the audience lol. But what I mean to say is, Goku fused with a group of normal people and was strong enough at that point to beat him? I'm just not sure how much more powerful Goku fused with a group of weak humans is versus Super Saiyan Blue Goku by himself, I would imagine it wasn't that big of a difference in power, it makes me wonder if he could have just defeated God Broly by using Super Kaoiken Blue x10

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:43 am

Hmm... we don't know how strong he is, but the power up Goku received was enough to defeat Broly so I guess it was still a big power up because he couldn't do anything against Broly, even with his Kaioken, if he could, he would have used it, right? but instead he fused with the audience, I guess we can't really know the secret behind it. And even Trunks could defeat Zamasu in the anime, he gathered ki from Earth's inhabitants and it was enough to defeat fused Zamasu... does that mean that fused Zamasu wasn't that strong? nope, I don't think so. Its just that they had to find a way to defeat him thats all.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

MrUnusual

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:12 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Hmm... we don't know how strong he is, but the power up Goku received was enough to defeat Broly so I guess it was still a big power up because he couldn't do anything against Broly, even with his Kaioken, if he could, he would have used it, right? but instead he fused with the audience, I guess we can't really know the secret behind it. And even Trunks could defeat Zamasu in the anime, he gathered ki from Earth's inhabitants and it was enough to defeat fused Zamasu... does that mean that fused Zamasu wasn't that strong? nope, I don't think so. Its just that they had to find a way to defeat him thats all.
I thought Trunks gathered energy from the entire universe, I could be wrong, but he didn't technically defeat Zamasu, he just destroyed his physical form which wasn't as strong as some would believe. The fusion actually made him a bit weaker though because it was unstable (At least in the anime), the instability caused the Goku Black part of the fusion to receive a 50% decrease in power as the fused boy tried to synchronize an unnatural immortal kai and an unnatural mortal saiyan, for the fusion to attempt to balance itself out to create a whole person, it became 50% Goku and 50% Zamasu instead of their power doubling because of the fusion (that's just a theory I came up with to better explain this I guess lol, but is supported by a few other factors). In the Manga however, Trunks did not defeat Zamasu at all, Fused Zamasu got to keep all of the perks of being immortal and being a saiyan where his anime counterpart only got half of each. When trunks cut him in 2 in the Manga, he just divided himself into 2 Fused Zamasus and then multiplied

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Well I don't really know, but even SSJB Vegetto hasn't destroyed fused Zamasu's body... but Trunks could do it with a sword and that doesn't make any sense to me... but anyway. What I'm trying to say is that the way an enemy gets defeated does not prove anything. Broly got defeated by God Fusion Goku, we don't even know how strong that fusion is, but since its enough to defeat Broly it should be damn powerful. Broly was way above Goku SSJB, if he could defeat God Broly with a Kaioken Blue x10 he would have used it, I think... because it is clearly stated that Goku couldn't do anything against Broly...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

MrUnusual

Post by MrUnusual » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:41 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Well I don't really know, but even SSJB Vegetto hasn't destroyed fused Zamasu's body... but Trunks could do it with a sword and that doesn't make any sense to me... but anyway. What I'm trying to say is that the way an enemy gets defeated does not prove anything. Broly got defeated by God Fusion Goku, we don't even know how strong that fusion is, but since its enough to defeat Broly it should be damn powerful. Broly was way above Goku SSJB, if he could defeat God Broly with a Kaioken Blue x10 he would have used it, I think... because it is clearly stated that Goku couldn't do anything against Broly...
This brings me to wondering what God Broly even is exactly lol. So from my understanding, a Super Saiyan God can only be created by harnessing the power of 6 righteous/pure-hearted Saiyans. I believe that blue aura is pure, Goku Black becoming a Super Saiyan Rose I think had more to do with him transforming into a Super Saiyan using Zamasu's ki/the ki of a Core being/deity. So what is God Broly exactly I wonder? It just looks like an Ascended Super Saiyan 3 to me lol

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:47 pm

We don't know much about his transformation, its just different from the SSJB and SSJG (red hair), just like his LSSJ form is different from the SSJ... it looks like a SSJ3 but its not. SSJB also looks like a SSJ...

and God Broly's design is the original design of the Super Saiyan God
"This form bares a slight resemblance to the description of the original design of Super Saiyan God, as described by Tadayoshi Yamamuro,[1] and is possibly based off it."
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:38 am

BrolyKale wrote:and God Broly's design is the original design of the Super Saiyan God
"This form bares a slight resemblance to the description of the original design of Super Saiyan God, as described by Tadayoshi Yamamuro,[1] and is possibly based off it."
Who wrote that? That's clearly speculative and should not be taken as definitive fact.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:29 am

VegettoEX wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:and God Broly's design is the original design of the Super Saiyan God
Who wrote that? That's clearly speculative and should not be taken as definitive fact.
Random guy on the Wiki. That's from the "Broly God" page.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:32 am

VegettoEX wrote:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... -yamamuro/

"I handled the roughs for Super Saiyan God. It was “a being that surpasses everything” so I drew a character more built than Super Saiyan, with a cape, but then illustrations with a completely different feel came back from Toriyama-sensei…. It was too different from my own internal image, so I tried suggesting the more sturdily-drawn character one more time, and then Sensei told me that it really was all wrong. (laughs) It had always gone through with a single check [before], but this time, we had that sort of exchange many times. Please check how Super Saiyan God is drawn at the movie theater."

yeah its just a speculation, no one said it was a fact.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:35 am

I'm aware of the source of the original design explanation. I'm stating that it's too much of a stretch to draw a connection between that -- a design we've never actually seen -- with that of something else entirely like this 4D production. Furthermore, I think it's irresponsible to pen that non-existent connection, even with speculative language, particularly in something that's likely some wiki entry...?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:39 am

And what do you want me to do now? delete my post? i just posted it, you don't have to take it seriously and its not even a fact, its just a speculation. There's nothing wrong with that.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:42 am

BrolyKale wrote:And what do you want me to do now? delete my post? i just posted it, you don't have to take it seriously and its not even a fact, its just a speculation. There's nothing wrong with that.
There's plenty wrong with posting misinformation. "Fake News," and all that.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:44 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:And what do you want me to do now? delete my post? i just posted it, you don't have to take it seriously and its not even a fact, its just a speculation. There's nothing wrong with that.
There's plenty wrong with posting misinformation. "Fake News," and all that.
Misinformation? It is just a speculation, bro. (its not like I said Broly with blue hair was a SSJB)
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu