Is getting killed while being dead the same as being erased?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jaden
Not-So-Newbie

Is getting killed while being dead the same as being erased?

Post by Jaden » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but I'll take my chances :D .
I always keep wondering, if Kid Buu had managed to kill Vegeta (while the latter was dead) , Vegeta's very own existence would have been gone.
IIRC , Goku even said that he will not be able to bring him back if Vegeta dies again. Of course he was unaware of the SDB's back then.

So is the Omni-King's technique the equivalent of killing someone twice in the DB universe?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Re: Is getting killed while being dead the same as being erased?

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Perhaps. Although, Hakai supposedly affects the target throught their timeline, so we can assume the same for Zeno's Erase. And we can assume that this is NOT the case if you're killed while already dead.

caiojoorge

Post by caiojoorge » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:12 am

We don't know exactly what happens when someone is erased, but, so far, we can assume that Zeno's technique erase the body and the soul, preventing them to go to the Other World.
The same thing that seems to happen with someone being killed twice, according to Goku.
So, I'd say yes for now.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:21 am

They both serve the same function, which is being "true death" in a setting where regular death is basically meaningless. Nobody knows what happens to them, they can't be brought back by the regular Dragon Balls, they appear to cease existence.

When all these erased characters inevitably get resurrected, I want there to be a reveal that they actually went to an "afterlife's afterlife". And I want it to have it's own weird rules and cosmology totally unrelated and unknown to the Kais, Gods, Angels, etc.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:33 pm

I assume it's non-existence by Dragon Ball standards. Although it might be possible to retrieve some iteration of that person by traveling to another timeline and bringing them back. So long as time travel exists, you could still conceivably restore a person, in a matter of speaking.