Freeza, Pants and Mortal Levels: A Serious Theory

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Freeza, Pants and Mortal Levels: A Serious Theory

Post by Cipher » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:11 am

So, with the advent of Dragon Ball Super, some interesting pieces of Dragon Ball lore have come to light. It was a given, of course, during the original run that a common universal language existed, though other languages apparently existed as well. (Freeza prompts the Namekians to speak a language he can understand when threatening them.) We can deal with that.

Then it's revealed that, let alone a common universal language, it's in fact a common multiversal language, spoken by the highest gods in existence, as it presumably has been for billions of years. From this, we know that 1) language evolution does not exist in Dragon Ball as we understand it, and though different languages somehow come into existence, regional variations of this multiversal common tongue don't, and 2) the trajectory of language-development in Dragon Ball seems to be, rather than a factor of social and geographical circumstances, one that moves spoken language toward this language of the gods (the way Zeno and the Grand Priest speak). It's important to note, though, that parallel development of this language does exist in Dragon Ball—species don't know it instinctively—and we know this because we see several less-developed races who are incapable of it (the Barbarians Gowasu is waiting to see evolve, for example).

In short: Dragon Ball has a common multiverse language used by the highest gods. Though language development exists, its trajectory somehow always seems to be the development of this geographically unvarying multiverse language spoken by the gods. (Though regional dialects still exist on Earth, they're apparently shared throughout the multiverse, so there's minor variance within this common language that all mortals somehow develop toward.)

Oh, there's also an ancient "Language of the Gods," but I guess they didn't like speaking it very much. It's not important. Moving on.

Now, we also know the gods are intent on watching mortals develop in certain ways. The Grand Priest and Zeno use their "Mortal Level," Gowasu seems to look for the development of social structures on the Barbarian planet, etc. So, given what we know about the parallel development of this multiversal tongue, it becomes reasonable to assume that the kind of development the gods of Dragon Ball are looking for, and expect, is that which sees mortals developing traits that most closely resemble the gods. The language they are all expected to develop toward is the one Zeno also speaks.

So now we need to talk about pants.

Because pants, and clothes of a fairly uniform style, all things considered, also seem to be an invention of the gods. Zeno wears pants. The Grand Priest wears pants. Whis wears pants. These characters have worn pants for billions of years. At the same time, someone on Earth presumably invented pants. We see that the Barbians are in rags; no one's invented pants yet. Like language then, while cultures develop these articles of clothing individually, their trajectory is to unwittingly invent outfits that eventually come to resemble the garments of gods.

Which brings us to fucking Freeza.

Because Freeza, despite being one of the most important and powerful (both socially and physically) residents of Universe 7, an overseer of a technologically complex and universally vast empire, refuses to wear pants. Even when we arrive at the Tournament of Power, all of the other competitors, the multiverse over, are wearing pants. They're at least wearing some kind of clothes.

Even Majin Boo, a demon created from nothingness at the beginning of Universe 7's history, is born with pants. This is the gods' will.

Freeza's nudity flies in the face of the expected development of mortals. Is it any wonder his relationship with the gods is so antagonistic?

And, I put this to you: Is it any wonder Universe 7, one of the largest figures in which shirks the pants gods wear, the pants they expect to be the product of any healthy civilization, has the second lowest Mortal Level of them all?

Would Universe 7 have been exempt from the Tournament of Power if Freeza would just wear pants?

I guess we'll never know. (Probably.)

Remember this next time you're debating power levels.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Freeza, Pants and Mortal Levels: A Serious Theory

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:48 am

Funny you bring up Freeza and the whole pants issue. I've been thinking about that for so long.

So yeah, we mostly see the guy without pants. BUT, if you look at Freeza's forms before his final form, you'll notice that he's wearing underwear!

My life-long question as a Dragon Ball fan has always been... where does his underwear go once he transforms into his final form? Freeza said that his transformations exist to contain his true power... but what if that was all a hoax? What if the true containment of his real power was actually his underwear?

Perhaps that is the true way of stopping Freeza. Without underwear, Freeza has been getting stronger and stronger. He achieved a new transformation within four months of training and was on the same level as Goku during their rematch, who had been training for years since their first encounter. Hell, in the current arc of Dragon Ball Super, Freeza managed to get even stronger by simply thinking really hard in a cocoon. There is only one logical way to contain Freeza's erupting power: put some underwear on him. THAT is the final battle between Son Goku and Freeza.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:55 am

Why is it that shirts get ripped all the time but pants never come off during these high-scale battles?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:57 am

Doctor. wrote:Why is it that shirts get ripped all the time but pants never come off during these high-scale battles?
The divine garment.
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Perhaps that is the true way of stopping Freeza. Without underwear, Freeza has been getting stronger and stronger. He achieved a new transformation within four months of training and was on the same level as Goku during their rematch, who had been training for years since their first encounter. Hell, in the current arc of Dragon Ball Super, Freeza managed to get even stronger by simply thinking really hard in a cocoon. There is only one logical way to contain Freeza's erupting power: put some underwear on him. THAT is the final battle between Son Goku and Freeza.
Nude Freeza is what Broli's fans have always claimed Broli is. He's also the greatest offense in all twelve universes.

Hope Piccolo's been practicing that clothes beam.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:21 am

Funny you should make this topic because I have argued about Frieza's design multiple times before.

I'm my opinion Frieza appears to have three distinct layers. They seem to echo how a suit of armor works.

The purplish skin layer seems to be the most "exposed and least protected layer. The only place where the purple meets the pink striped layer is on the face and due to the shadowing appears that the pink striped layer sits on top of the purple "inner skin". Next appears to be the pink striped layer as a second layer of protection. In keeping with the armor theme the pink striped layer seems to be for his most flexible joints and areas including the tail. The next layer appears to the white "hard body armor" . These segments appear to cover more and more of his body with each transformation until completely enveloping his body. This includes the previously exposed parts of his face and hands. The last layer appears to be the Jewel/Yellow pad area.
These seem to be naturally placed in places with high vulnerability or impact. Similar to where shin, head, and arm guards would fall. As he transitions into higher forms, just like the white covering more of his body, the yellow "guards" transition into "jewels". If going with the previous theme it could be assumed the jewels would be "harder" and offer more protection.

Thus it would actually appear that Frieza, in final form is clothed head to toe (literally) in full bio-armor.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

No this is also where it falls apart because the recent Golden Frieza transformation doesn't follow ANY of the design logic which proceeded Frieza's previous forms. You can see the clear progression in Frieza's other forms and the overall design logic.
However when looking at Golden Frieza he has pants, his hands and feet and face are now "exposed". He has some kind of "pants" on and the darker yellow layer does not sit at a consistent level as his previous layers did.

For instance, The darker "pants" sit both "underneath" the shin guards while also being "on top" of the chest layer which connects to the head. The problem is the darker yellow layer on the arms sits both below the chest layer and the arm guard layer on the top torso. Further the number and amount of jewels is reduced as compared to the even increasing number in his form progression. As a final note, I have no idea what is going on with his tail as it has always been consistent with his arms and legs, but Golden Frieza has different coloration between the two for whatever reason..IDK???

anyway the who point is that Frieza doesn't appear to be naked and the design logic seems to suggest that he has an outer body armor layer that slowly encapsulates his body with each progressive transformation.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:59 am

So, the question becomes: does he wear pants under his skin?

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:48 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Funny you bring up Freeza and the whole pants issue. I've been thinking about that for so long.

So yeah, we mostly see the guy without pants. BUT, if you look at Freeza's forms before his final form, you'll notice that he's wearing underwear!

My life-long question as a Dragon Ball fan has always been... where does his underwear go once he transforms into his final form? Freeza said that his transformations exist to contain his true power... but what if that was all a hoax? What if the true containment of his real power was actually his underwear?

Perhaps that is the true way of stopping Freeza. Without underwear, Freeza has been getting stronger and stronger. He achieved a new transformation within four months of training and was on the same level as Goku during their rematch, who had been training for years since their first encounter. Hell, in the current arc of Dragon Ball Super, Freeza managed to get even stronger by simply thinking really hard in a cocoon. There is only one logical way to contain Freeza's erupting power: put some underwear on him. THAT is the final battle between Son Goku and Freeza.
So, if you slap some super glue all over him then used piccolos clothes beam they could have worn him down without needing goku to go ssj originally?! :lol: Piccolo is still the biggest badass in the universe! :mrgreen:

Damn their lack of superglue. The nemekians and z fighter lack of preparedness is their greatest down fall. Surely they could have taken some namek corpses and improvised some glue... Or god forbid had some on the ship or brought it in case the ship fell apart. Namekians aren't that against absorbing each other either. They don't have enough of a moral compass to completely care! It was a potentially avoidable situation.

Goku must really hate having to constantly die or nearly die.

Goku: Damn these, "friends," and their lack of super glue. Getting me into the stickiest of situations!

No wonder he wants to leave them all behind so much.

I can imagine a conversation with goku and piccolo about making namekian glue during the Freeza fight. 8)
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:38 pm

But Frieza is not the only one in the Tournament of Power that doesn't wear pants. Other examples include Frost, Botamo, Magetta (who is not a robot, but a naturally metallic organism), Prum, Rabranra (two U2 fighters), Maji Kaio and several other U3 fighters, the two bugs from U4, Basil, Chappil (that dragon with iron-like skin from U9), Methiop from U10 etc... Universe 11 is the only universe where all the fighters are clothed.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:09 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote:But Frieza is not the only one in the Tournament of Power that doesn't wear pants. Other examples include Frost, Botamo, Magetta (who is not a robot, but a naturally metallic organism), Prum, Rabranra (two U2 fighters), Maji Kaio and several other U3 fighters, the two bugs from U4, Basil, Chappil (that dragon with iron-like skin from U9), Methiop from U10 etc... Universe 11 is the only universe where all the fighters are clothed.
First, you're not exactly making your case by pointing out that other bottom-feeder universes like 9 and 6 also feature pantsless characters.

Let's get it out of the way that it's okay for metal people and bug people to not wear clothes. I don't know why, but it is.

Botamo is at least wearing some clothes. Frost is totally wearing pants. There's no way he's running around buck-ass nekkid.

Universe 9 is the only one ranked lower than 7, and guess what? Two pantsless wonders.

Universe 11 being full clothed is obviously part of its top ranking. Kai and Vermoud run a tight ship.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Either way this is a fanstastic way to get piccolo to run around giving everyone pants beam. Even if they already have pants. The pants will weaken them further. Even if it doesn't weaken their powers the fact that they will be slowly covered heavier and heavier clothing could warm them up and give them heat exhaustion.

Maybe Freeza not wearing pants gives him better surface cooling like a radiator. He's simply got better energy control. He is named after a freezer afterall. That is how a freezer works. Inside of peltier like device is cold outside is hot and needs cooling.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:04 pm

Cipher wrote:
Let's get it out of the way that it's okay for metal people and bug people to not wear clothes. I don't know why, but it is.
Pff... that's racist. =P Non-bug and non-metal people should have equal rights to not wear pants! This is an outrage!
Botamo is at least wearing some clothes. Frost is totally wearing pants. There's no way he's running around buck-ass nekkid.
Yeah, shoes and a tank top. That totally makes a difference. Frost isn't wearing pants. If you notice, his bottom half is anatomically identical to Golden Frieza, the latter of which doesn't just suddenly grow pants. It's simply how their bottom half is.
Universe 11 being full clothed is obviously part of its top ranking. Kai and Vermoud run a tight ship.
U2 is right under them and they have two pantless warriors.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:33 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote:
Cipher wrote:
Pff... that's racist. =P Non-bug and non-metal people should have equal rights to not wear pants! This is an outrage!
Yeah, shoes and a tank top. That totally makes a difference. Frost isn't wearing pants. If you notice, his bottom half is anatomically identical to Golden Frieza, the latter of which doesn't just suddenly grow pants. It's simply how their bottom half is.
U2 is right under them and they have two pantless warriors.
Well, Universe 2 is the Universe of "Love", so, presumably, Hermila and Prum are allowed to go without pants because their sniper combo is loved by all. I presume.

How would cyborgs from Universe 3 work, though? I mean....... are their augmentations their clothes, or does it count as skin? :crazy:

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:43 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Well, Universe 2 is the Universe of "Love", so, presumably, Hermila and Prum are allowed to go without pants because their sniper combo is loved by all. I presume.

How would cyborgs from Universe 3 work, though? I mean....... are their augmentations their clothes, or does it count as skin? :crazy:
I wasn't even referring to Hermila though. I was referring to Rabranra, who has similar anatomy to Frost.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:55 pm

Whis may craft Freeza his own hand signed outfit if he keeps up the anti-hero crap.

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:18 am

Does Zamasu want all "filthy ningen" to wear pants, OR do mortals wearing pants offend him, like using god ki, infringing on the divine?
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song