Are Cabba and Caulifla/Kale Gohan's age or Younger?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Are Cabba and Caulifla/Kale Gohan's age or Younger?

Post by DSB » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:00 am

I cant seem to put a point on how old they are. Any guess??

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Are Cabba and Caulifla/Kale Gohan's age or Younger?

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:31 am

Mid teens at least and early twenties at most.
That's where I'd put them, but I could just as well see them being older as some joke, when everyone would otherwise think they are young.
We could do with some lore here that the Saiyans of U6 have longer lifespans due to evolution and retain a youthful appearance far longer than their U7 counterparts.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:37 am

Mid to late teens is my guess. I dunno, there's something very late middle early high about their personalities imo.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:45 am

dbgtFO wrote:Mid teens at least and early twenties at most.
That's where I'd put them, but I could just as well see them being older as some joke, when everyone would otherwise think they are young.
We could do with some lore here that the Saiyans of U6 have longer lifespans due to evolution and retain a youthful appearance far longer than their U7 counterparts.
Even Cabba? He's like Planet Sadala Defence Force's top guy

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:45 am

God, they probably are close to Gohan's age aren't they? It's easy to forget Gohan is only in his early twenties (23 at the time of the Tournament of Power if I'm not mistaken?) considering his build and general maturity. The Universe 6 Saiyans feel like teenagers. But Cabba's got a high-ranking job and Caulifla's brother looks to be in his thirties. They could well be over 25, which is weird for how young they look and act. Chalk it up to Saiyans aging slowly I guess.

Only thing I can say is whatever their ages are, Cabba's probably the oldest followed by Caulifla and then Kale. Responsible older brother, bratty middle child, timid baby sister. Not literally of course, but that's the dynamic.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:53 am

DSB wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Mid teens at least and early twenties at most.
Even Cabba? He's like Planet Sadala Defence Force's top guy
Gohan started out as a Z fighter at the age of 4 and only 6 years later he was the top guy with some of the more experienced guys retiring and leaving it to him, until a new threat emerged years later. Cabba could be the same for all we know.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:41 am

Future Trunks is 31 years old by the time of the last arc -- he would technically classify as being middle-aged. Does he look all that old to you? Trunks could pass for early twenties. Caulifla and Kale would be no different since they also happen to be Saiyans. Although maybe late teens would be a more appropriate placement for them since Trunks does admittedly appear to have a somewhat more mature build than they and Cabba do.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:02 am

It'd be hilarious if they ended up being something like 42 or more. And it could be possible for Caulifla. Her brother is retired, so that means he is probably pretty up there in years.
I know they all act like kids, but with the saiyan aging process you never know.
Lionel wrote:Future Trunks is 31 years old by the time of the last arc -- he would technically classify as being middle-aged.
I think middle age starts at 40/45 ? 31 is a little early to be considered at that stage I'd say.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:45 am

[quote="Michsi"]It'd be hilarious if they ended up being something like 42 or more. And it could be possible for Caulifla. Her brother is retired, so that means he is probably pretty up there in years.
I know they all act like kids, but with the saiyan aging process you never know.

Well it seemed that her brother retired due to injury?

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:38 am

DSB wrote:
Michsi wrote:It'd be hilarious if they ended up being something like 42 or more. And it could be possible for Caulifla. Her brother is retired, so that means he is probably pretty up there in years.
He was injured, but as far as I remember, he didn't retire because of it. In fact, I think he even mentioned something about not being as strong as he used to be, which is odd considering saiyans stay in their prime until really late in life.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:52 am

Michsi wrote:
DSB wrote:
Michsi wrote:It'd be hilarious if they ended up being something like 42 or more. And it could be possible for Caulifla. Her brother is retired, so that means he is probably pretty up there in years.
He was injured, but as far as I remember, he didn't retire because of it. In fact, I think he even mentioned something about not being as strong as he used to be, which is odd considering saiyans stay in their prime until really late in life.
Thats a clear sign. His injury took him out.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:42 pm

I'm pretty sure tjey are around Gohans age and below. The way the act and look up to the saiyans in universe 7 makes me think that they are young and inexperienced. Also Caulifla is constantly calling goku and vegeta old.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Probably anywhere around 16-22 IMO.

Asura

Post by Asura » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:58 pm

It's important to note that Renso looks like a normal Saiyan in build like Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta. This could indicate that as U6 saiyans get older they start to look more like U7 saiyans, meaning that Cabba, Caulifla, and Kale are all still very young. Cabba is probably around 20-23ish, Caulifla and Kale probably around 16-20.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:27 am

Asura wrote:It's important to note that Renso looks like a normal Saiyan in build like Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta. This could indicate that as U6 saiyans get older they start to look more like U7 saiyans, meaning that Cabba, Caulifla, and Kale are all still very young. Cabba is probably around 20-23ish, Caulifla and Kale probably around 16-20.
I personally believe that Cabba is like 25, Caulifla is like 20 and Kale is like 16 or 17.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:59 am

They're certainly meant to appear as mid-to-late teens/ early-to-mid twenties at most, but I can't recall us being given an actual indication as to their age.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:34 am

They should be teenagers, but they are probably fully developed Saiyans.
I would like to see Cabba put on some muscle mass after training with Vegeta.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:51 am

I'd say Cabba is somewhere is in his early to mid twenties given he appears to have a great amount of experience in working under the tutelage of other Saiyans who appear much older than him.

I wouldn't put Kale or Caulifla age's anywhere above their late teens. Caulifla acts quite immature very and Kale has the docile attitude of a very young girl.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:18 pm

Regarding Cabba, he has to be much older than the two considering the fact that he is a top ranking officer in the Saiyan defense force on Planet Sadla. In order for anybody to be at such a high ranking, they not only need strength, but experience as well. Experience entails that they have years of training and true combat experience. Given Cabba's abnormal strength upon his first appearance, it's apparent that he's a true high ranking combatant and generally speaking, high ranking combatants are typically older. Can we not forget the fact that Saiyans in general look very young due to their genes. That shouldn't be forgotten.

Old thread but this is me spreading my perspective regarding the topic.