Favourite moves that were only used once or twice

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Favourite moves that were only used once or twice

Post by KBABZ » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:32 pm

One of my favourites from Z is the one where Vegeta thrusts his middle and index fingers up at Dodoria and he explodes just from that. I thought it was really cool and a nice way to show how powerful Vegeta had gotten since Earth. One from the Kid Goku era is the Jenken one, mainly how Goku says Paper but throws Rock, hitting Jackie square in the nose like a fool!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Favourite moves that were only used once or twice

Post by Chuquita » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:48 pm

Goku's barefoot feet-kamehameha from the 23rd tournament. That was so cool. :mrgreen:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:35 am

Chuquita wrote:Goku's barefoot feet-kamehameha from the 23rd tournament. That was so cool. :mrgreen:
Oh yeah! Talk about finding a way to fly without giving away the fact that you learned Kikoho! (I know that was a bit later but still it works!)

Also not a move per-se, but I also liked Goku's look when he's without the boots and undershirt. It's like PIccolo taking off the turban and shoulder pads, it's how you know he means business and it makes him look like a kickboxer!

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:49 am

The Big Bang Attack. I never understood why Vegeta never uses it the same way he did in its debut ever again. It is my favorite move.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:48 am

• Final Kamehameha
• Big Bang Kamehameha
• Divine Lasso
• Janemba's techniques
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:25 am

Light Grenade ( Piccolo's move against Cell, it's so much better than Hellzone Grenade)
Goku feet-kamehameha
Dodonpa
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:The Big Bang Attack. I never understood why Vegeta never uses it the same way he did in its debut ever again. It is my favorite move.
He used it against Magetta ( in TOP, fight against Frost/Magetta ) and was about to finish Freeza back in Rof with the move ( too bad that Freeza destroyed the Earth ). Pretty sure he charged Big Bang Attack the same way he did against the Android #19. The only difference is that he wasn't flying in Super, unlike he did in DBZ.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:53 am

Several of Fused Zamasu's techniques. They were used very rarely, mostly because Fused Zamasu (in his 'Halo' state - his 'uncorruted' state, if you will) appeared only at the end of episode 64, in episode 65, and at the beginning of episode 66, so he didn't have a lot of screentime to begin with.

Perhaps, my favourite technique used by Fused Zamasu was the Wall of Light. Zamasu summoned a mastodontic bird-like ethereal being that could use the Lightning of Absolution and was sustained by a small orb-like object: that was the core of this creature, and once the core had been destroyed, the creature vanished into nothingness. Such a unique technique. Fans have compared Fused Zamasu's Wall of Light to the Susanoo (that's how you write it?) if i also recall correctly. I do see the similarity. In addition, it was the first time we saw a Supreme Kai create life in the show. The Gods of Creation are known for their godly ability to nurture life in all forms, but we never really saw it until episode 65... since i do believe the bird-like structure Fused Zamasu conjured was an entity of its own and had its own will; for example, it groaned, so it was capable of feeling pain.

This was the technique i was fascinated by the most. All of Fused Zamasu's techniques were very original and creative! They were unique, they almost seemed like the magical abilities that would come out of a videogame like Final Fantasy. I also adored the Blades of Judgement (Fused Zamasu conjured a stream of red Ki blades that fell from the sky and dealt massive damage to those it touched, and would also explode upon reaching the ground) and the Holy/Divine Wrath, which was used twice in the series: once against Trunks, then another time against Goku.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:50 pm

- Burning Attack
- Beerus Ball
- Final Shine
- Hakai
- Goku Black's Anger Scythe

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Dragon Fist

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:48 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Dragon Fist
It was used four times though.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:43 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Yeah, all on those any of us could have beaten if we had just asked Elder Kai to release our hidden potentials like how he had done to Gohan before taking a trip in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with our favorite character by our side! :lol:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Oh you're right. I was only thinking of in Wrath of the Dragon and against Omega Shenron;

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:51 pm

KBABZ wrote:One of my favourites from Z is the one where Vegeta thrusts his middle and index fingers up at Dodoria and he explodes just from that. I thought it was really cool and a nice way to show how powerful Vegeta had gotten since Earth. One from the Kid Goku era is the Jenken one, mainly how Goku says Paper but throws Rock, hitting Jackie square in the nose like a fool!
Sorry to have to correct you KBABZ, but I believe you mean when Vegeta had used his Dirty Fireworks on Cui in the early Namek Saga of the Dragon Ball Z series.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
KBABZ wrote:One of my favourites from Z is the one where Vegeta thrusts his middle and index fingers up at Dodoria and he explodes just from that. I thought it was really cool and a nice way to show how powerful Vegeta had gotten since Earth. One from the Kid Goku era is the Jenken one, mainly how Goku says Paper but throws Rock, hitting Jackie square in the nose like a fool!
Sorry to have to correct you KBABZ, but I believe you mean when Vegeta had used his Dirty Fireworks on Cui in the early Namek Saga of the Dragon Ball Z series.
Ah yes you're correct, it was Cui (always liked that guy and his banter with Vegeta for some reason). I'm not really up on the lingo introduced by the games, so for me the move is "That one weird invisible finger-thrustin' move" since it wasn't named at all.
Last edited by KBABZ on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:05 pm

Goku surfirng with his Kamehameha on his fight with Kefla.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Goku surfirng with his Kamehameha on his fight with Kefla.
I read this as smurfing for a second and was very confused.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:10 am

The technique Trunk's used to grab Freeza's attention, later dubbed "Burning Attack" in the video games. The frantic hand movements really helped it stand out from other techniques.

Also "Dragon Thunder" and "Revenge/Flaming Death Ball" from GT.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:11 pm

That technique (I guess it has a name) used by Tenshin Han to deflect Yamcha's kamehamaha. You'd think something like that could come handy later on the story. But nope.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Kiai
Sokidan (despite Goku stealing it too) but Yamcha only uses it once in the Manga.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:07 pm

Gogeta's disco ball of evil's bane