Goku has been getting shipped a lot lately.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Goku has been getting shipped a lot lately.

Post by Khandom101 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:12 pm

Like serioulsy, he has been getting shipped with
1. Helles
2. Vados
3. Freeza ( quite surprised actually )
4. Caulifla
5. kale ( to a degree)
6. Last but not least Android 18 (as of current)

You know Chi Chi is despised by the fandom when Goku has been getting shipped to such an huge extent. please share your thought and opinions

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Goku has been getting shipped a lot lately.

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:25 pm

This isnt actually that surprising. What IS surprising is that there are GoChi shippers!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:28 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:What IS surprising is that there are GoChi shippers!
It's surprising that the canon pairing has shippers?

I don't even care about shipping and think the only reason marriage in this series exist is to facilitate the creation of new characters with ties with preexisting ones (i.e. children) but that's kind of an absurd statement to make.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:38 pm

Yes. You dont know how many despise canon shipping. Sure NaruHina did have a lot of support but still.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:38 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:This isnt actually that surprising. What IS surprising is that there are GoChi shippers!
Well, not that surprising actually nonetheless, I do hate the relationship these two have.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:40 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:This isnt actually that surprising. What IS surprising is that there are GoChi shippers!
Not really. There are various degrees of shippers of GoChi out there.

But the OP forgot one, infamous ship that happens particularly in fan fiction. One that makes less sense then ANY of those.
Goku and Vegeta. :sick:

Then you have some more "unique" ones as well. Like Goku with Bra. And dear lord, I wish I were making that up.

Its why I don't like hardcore shippers.

That said, I'm a GoChi fan myself, if anything.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:Goku and Vegeta.
Yes, this is my ship.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Yes, this is my ship.
:wtf:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:52 pm

I can't wait for Super to turn into a harem show, the ratings will double.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:01 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Yes, this is my ship.
What's wrong?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Yes, this is my ship.
What's wrong?
Strange to ship Goku with a man who only ever jobs.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:10 pm

The next saga will be focused on everyone competing over Goku's heart. It will end with Chi-Chi kicking everyone who tried a move on Goku right on the ass.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:13 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:The next saga will be focused on everyone competing over Goku's heart. It will end with Chi-Chi kicking everyone who tried a move on Goku right on the ass.
She's weaker than all of the competitors except for Bulma.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:17 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote: She's weaker than all of the competitors except for Bulma.
She's Chi-Chi tho
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:17 pm

SPOILER ALERT CHICHI GAINS ULTRA INSTINCT AND KILLS EVERYONE. EVEN, NO, ESPECIALLY ZENO

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:22 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote: :wtf:
What's wrong?
Strange to ship Goku with a man who only ever jobs.
Opposites attract.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:12 pm

Goku has also been shipped with Bulma too, which makes a lot more sense than any other Goku ship imo. Honestly, they should bring back Princess Snake and make her canon. She wanted Goku the most lol.

I'm not surprised people ship him with a lot of characters. People tend to do that with the main hero in every story. Out of the 6 ships you mentioned, I think the Goku and 18 one makes the most sense given their interactions in this current arc of Super.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:28 pm

It's hard not to see his various rivals as shipping analogues. Hell, TFS did a whole short that was basically about that. Vegeta is to Goku in terms of rivals what Chi Chi is in terms of actual relationships: the old faithful that stays with him even after all the passion has died because it's easier to stay together than it is to find someone else.

Props to Goku, he seems to have realised this and been making steps to find new people, even if it's had mixed results. He had a good thing going with the cute, unconventional assassin from Universe 6, but didn't realise what he had and squandered it to chase after the bitchy head cheerleader from Universe 11, who won't give him the time of day because he's *so* out of her league. He's also fallen into a bad way trying to reignite the flames with an old one-off, the galactic tyrant. A toxic relationship with an awful person who caused nothing but pain, but still Goku will never forget that wild, passionate evening on Namek. Sure, she acts like she's ready to turn over a new leaf and try for something long-term, but let's face it, Goku needs to see the writing on the wall.

He's also tried grooming his own rivals, taking kids with potential under his wing. It didn't work out with his two sons, so he's ended up doing it with a pair of girls half his age and a little African boy. And that's where this analogy gets creepy(er).

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:05 am

Kataphrut wrote:It's hard not to see his various rivals as shipping analogues. Hell, TFS did a whole short that was basically about that. Vegeta is to Goku in terms of rivals what Chi Chi is in terms of actual relationships: the old faithful that stays with him even after all the passion has died because it's easier to stay together than it is to find someone else.

Props to Goku, he seems to have realised this and been making steps to find new people, even if it's had mixed results. He had a good thing going with the cute, unconventional assassin from Universe 6, but didn't realise what he had and squandered it to chase after the bitchy head cheerleader from Universe 11, who won't give him the time of day because he's *so* out of her league. He's also fallen into a bad way trying to reignite the flames with an old one-off, the galactic tyrant. A toxic relationship with an awful person who caused nothing but pain, but still Goku will never forget that wild, passionate evening on Namek. Sure, she acts like she's ready to turn over a new leaf and try for something long-term, but let's face it, Goku needs to see the writing on the wall.

He's also tried grooming his own rivals, taking kids with potential under his wing. It didn't work out with his two sons, so he's ended up doing it with a pair of girls half his age and a little African boy. And that's where this analogy gets creepy(er).
This is signature material, it's unfortunate that it's too long.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:31 am

Shipping is generally something female fans do because of wish fullfilment or the fact that they want their favorite characters together.

I always found shipping in shows with actual canon couples like Dragonball strange. I mean for example I like the idea of Goku and Bulma getting together if it happened when they were young in Dragonball, but I don't think about it in the current era.