Character popularity poll in Japan (not official)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Character popularity poll in Japan (not official)

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:24 pm

(NOT AN OFFICIAL POLL)

https://www.animeranking.net/stat.php?id=34
531 votes in total

So we have

1. Bardock
2. Vegeta
3. Broly
4. Goku
5. C-18
6. Gohan
7. C-17 (thanks to DBS)
8. Freezer-sama
9. Paragus (thats very surprising and cool)
10. Piccolo

Caulifla is 15th thats very nice!

so what do you guys think?
Last edited by BrolyKale on Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Character popularity poll in Japan

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:38 pm

Seeing Bardock and Broly so high don't surprise me at all, they are overrated as hell even tho i like them very much.
17 was always very popular among fans. I've seen many people actually saying Super 17 was not only the best GT villain but also best DB villain overall. Sick.
I would never think Paragus would be so high like wtf.

I don't know how this works, but i highly doubt trash like Jaco or Zamasu are more popular than Bulma and Whis or that Goku Black is more popular than Cell or Vegito lol.
I also can't see Gogeta on this list.
Maybe japanese people just have different taste.
Seeing Videl so high makes me happy tho. She's my favourite DBZ character and second favourite DB character overall.

What is Paragus doing there again?
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:54 pm

I knew that Goku Black and Zamasu (both Future Zamasu and Fused Zamasu) would be on the list. It's not a surprise. The debut of Goku Black was the most viewed episode in Super by a wide margin. But i'm shocked that Paragus is more popular than Black!

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:50 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: I don't know how this works, but i highly doubt trash like Jaco or Zamasu are more popular than Bulma and Whis
Zamasu was like the main villian (along with Goku Black) in the Black arc. With his character and mentality throughout the arc, I don't think it's surprising that he is above them. You're right about Jaco though.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:30 pm

Why is Bardock always so popular? He's not that good of a character at all and doesn't even have a unique appearance.

I can understand Broly more so than the forgettable Bardock.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:46 pm

Vegeta seems to the second fiddle everytime, everywhere.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:04 pm

Bullza wrote:Why is Bardock always so popular? He's not that good of a character at all and doesn't even have a unique appearance.

Well he is a pure blooded Saiyan, more importantly the father of Goku, he is very brave, he is a badass, he's serious, he's charismatic, the first movie just shows how cool he is... I'm not a fan of Bardock but I can understand why a lot of people love him so much.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:17 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
Bullza wrote:Why is Bardock always so popular? He's not that good of a character at all and doesn't even have a unique appearance.

Well he is a pure blooded Saiyan, more importantly the father of Goku, he is very brave, he is a badass, he's serious, he's charismatic, the first movie just shows how cool he is... I'm not a fan of Bardock but I can understand why a lot of people love him so much.
He only had that one 48 minute movie, where he was a dick throughout most of it and got his ass kicked twice.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:25 pm

This poll is strange, Future Trunk did not even appear while Puar and Chiaouztu did like wtf.
    But it's nice see Caulifla in 15th as well #17 in 7th and Gohan in 6th it makes me happy.

BrolyKale
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:36 pm

Spider-Man wrote:This poll is strange, Future Trunk did not even appear while Puar and Chiaouztu did like wtf.
      But it's nice see Caulifla in 15th as well #17 in 7th and Gohan in 6th it makes me happy.
      Future trunks is in it he is 12th maybe you didn't recognize him, the picture comes from the first Broly movie.
      Last edited by BrolyKale on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Lord Beerus
      Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:38 pm

I'm not sure if polls like this can be take seriously. Do we know how many people voted? And when did this vote take place? And how long were people given the chance to vote? And how many characters were they allowed to vote for?

Asura
      I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm not sure if polls like this can be take seriously. Do we know how many people voted? And when did this vote take place? And how long were people given the chance to vote? And how many characters were they allowed to vote for?
      I'd say polls like these are about as valid as the ones that asked who you want to see on the ToP team and people voted for shit like "Kid Gohan". There's very obviously no way in hell a character like Paragus would be in anyone's top 10 list for favorite characters, which makes me think this had to be a poll of like, 20 people, probably less.

BrolyKale
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:08 pm

Asura wrote:
      Lord Beerus wrote:I'm not sure if polls like this can be take seriously. Do we know how many people voted? And when did this vote take place? And how long were people given the chance to vote? And how many characters were they allowed to vote for?
      I'd say polls like these are about as valid as the ones that asked who you want to see on the ToP team and people voted for shit like "Kid Gohan". There's very obviously no way in hell a character like Paragus would be in anyone's top 10 list for favorite characters, which makes me think this had to be a poll of like, 20 people, probably less.
      It says "第6回受付終了まであと 549票" which means 549 votes
      Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Lord Beerus
      Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:16 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
      Asura wrote:
      With a sampling that small, we really can't take the poll in any sort of "general consensus" kind of fashion.

In other words, it's a meaningless and pointless poll that doesn't really warrant any kind of attention.

BrolyKale
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:18 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
      BrolyKale wrote:
      Asura wrote:
      With a sampling that small, we really can't take the poll in any sort of "general conesus" of kind fashion.
      I've never said you should take it seriously, its just a poll like another.
      Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

pacz360
      I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
      BrolyKale wrote:
      Asura wrote:
      With a sampling that small, we really can't take the poll in any sort of "general consensus" kind of fashion.

In other words, it's a meaningless and pointless poll that doesn't really warrant any kind of attention.[/quote]
      You know it will for click bait and crap :roll:

BrolyKale
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:27 pm

pacz360 wrote:
      Lord Beerus wrote:
      BrolyKale wrote:It says "第6回受付終了まであと 549票" which means 549 votes

In other words, it's a meaningless and pointless poll that doesn't really warrant any kind of attention.[/quote]
      I just wanted to share it with you guys and wanted to have your opinions about it. I'm not the kind of people who want attention, I just thought it would be cool to share it, but oh well.
      Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

pacz360
      I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:30 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
      pacz360 wrote:
      Lord Beerus wrote:

I just wanted to share it with you guys and wanted to have your opinions about it. I'm not the kind of people who want attention, I just thought it would be cool to share it, but oh well.
      Its alright bro srry if I hurt ya feelings
      Its just giving how this fanbase is it'll be a matter of time before people will treat it as the official poll despite not being one

BrolyKale
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:38 pm

pacz360 wrote:
      BrolyKale wrote:
      pacz360 wrote: With a sampling that small, we really can't take the poll in any sort of "general consensus" kind of fashion.

Its alright bro srry if I hurt ya feelings
      Its just giving how this fanbase is it'll be a matter of time before people will treat it as the official poll despite not being one
      Oh ok, I get it now. Well then I will specify its not an official poll in my first post then.
      Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

TheDipDap1234
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Character popularity poll in Japan (not official)

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:24 pm

From what I heard, the reason Paragus is so high is because he's a meme in Japan.

Strange poll results, but I like them. 17 and 18 being in the top 6 is very nice and pleasent surprise. I know not a lot of people voted, but I think more than 500 people is a good enough number.
      Gowasu's number 1 fan.