Why does Freeza listen to Gohan?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Why does Freeza listen to Gohan?

Post by Professor Freeza » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:26 am

Not only he's the only one who acknowledges him as the leader [albeit sarcastically], he does lend an ear to what Gohan says.
Moreover, he does what Gohan asks him to do AND did take him seriously when Gohan told him he'd eliminate Freeza if Freeza betrays Gohan.

I ahve a theory why Freeza does this but i wanna hear what you all think.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Why does Freeza listen to Gohan?

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:21 am

He might find taking orders from Gohan more palatable than Goku or Vegeta. Freeza's prideful and believes in might makes right, so it likely stings having to follow direction from two upstart Saiyans, since they're stronger than him.

Gohan is only a half-breed and more importantly, not a threat to him. So, given everyone in Universe 7 is in the same boat whether Freeza likes it or not, he might as well amuse himself by playing toady to the "Team Leader." The fact virtually nobody else respects Gohan's leadership, especially not Goku and Vegeta, likely makes the whole thing very funny to him as well.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:51 am

Freeza is pretty smart. He might be insane and have an indefatigable superiority complex, but if Gohan is right, then he's right. Freeza can recognize that at this moment, he and Gohan are fighting towards the same goal, so heeding his advice is just common sense.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:50 am

nickzambuto wrote:Freeza is pretty smart. He might be insane and have an indefatigable superiority complex, but if Gohan is right, then he's right. Freeza can recognize that at this moment, he and Gohan are fighting towards the same goal, so heeding his advice is just common sense.
The fact that he recognizes that simply playing on his own without anyone else won't get him any closer to his ultimate goal of ruling over EVERYONE, gods included, helps. This is a Freeza that's learned that others can be useful, if only to further his own gains. If he plays ball, he gets closer to what he wants.

Everyone else on the team recognizes that Freeza is a serious threat and a wildcard, but they also recognize that Universe 7 is his meal ticket to whatever he wants, and that he knows that as well. Not to mention that he doesn't have as much of a grudge against Gohan as he does Goku. Gohan's still a little kid playing hero to him, and the thought of helping his mortal enemy's son probably amuses him greatly.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:48 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:Freeza is pretty smart. He might be insane and have an indefatigable superiority complex, but if Gohan is right, then he's right. Freeza can recognize that at this moment, he and Gohan are fighting towards the same goal, so heeding his advice is just common sense.
The fact that he recognizes that simply playing on his own without anyone else won't get him any closer to his ultimate goal of ruling over EVERYONE, gods included, helps. This is a Freeza that's learned that others can be useful, if only to further his own gains. If he plays ball, he gets closer to what he wants.

Everyone else on the team recognizes that Freeza is a serious threat and a wildcard, but they also recognize that Universe 7 is his meal ticket to whatever he wants, and that he knows that as well. Not to mention that he doesn't have as much of a grudge against Gohan as he does Goku. Gohan's still a little kid playing hero to him, and the thought of helping his mortal enemy's son probably amuses him greatly.
Agreed. This actually shows a lot of maturing on Freeza's part. He's becoming much more shrewd and cunning...

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:42 pm

Cos Gohan is team leader and team coordination was needed to defeat Dyspo, Freeza knew this so he did what Gohan said.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:27 pm

Because Freeza doesn't want to die again.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:07 pm

Because Freeza is a good boy and just wants to be led by an alpha male, which as we all know Ultimate Gohan most definitely is.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:19 pm

Probably because he beat up and nearly killed Gohan twice, once on Namek and then on Earth, so he views him as beneath him and not a threat.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:40 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Because Freeza doesn't want to die again.
That's probably the correct answer.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:02 pm

Frieza doesn't just want U7 to win; he wants to be the last man standing so he gets to wish upon the SDBs. If Gohan, or somebody else, wants to take the lead in a specific battle, and thus assume more of the risk, he's fine with that. And it paid off. Dyspo is out, and Gohan took the fall making it happen. For the same reason, he'll probably hang back and let 17 take the lead against Toppo as well.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song