Gohan vs Goten (DBGT)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kingsupermanx

Gohan vs Goten (DBGT)

Post by kingsupermanx » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:41 pm

I'm completely lost as to how Gohan couldnt totally beat Goten in GT. in the episode where they fight, Gohan only goes super saiyan. I know that for some reason in GT Gohan never goes mystic, but still he could have gone Super saiyan 2 or somethin. Goten is very weak compared to Gohan, so I'm just at a loss of why this happened like it did

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:44 pm

The Daizenshuu EX Forum Rules wrote:RULE # 1: GRAMMAR
You're typing on a message board. You want people to understand what you're saying. You want them to QUICKLY understand what you're saying. Be sure to use proper sentence structure when you write. Also, be sure you're adding in punctuation and spacing where appropriate. Statements end with periods, questions end with question marks. There's a space in between sentences.
That said...

Never seen the episode in question, but I can sum it up with one statement: It's DragonBall GT. Logic rarely came into play in DB/DBZ, so I wouldn't expect it to get any better in DBGT ^^.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Re: Gohan vs Goten (DBGT)

Post by B-kun » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:03 pm

kingsupermanx wrote:I'm completely lost as to how Gohan couldnt totally beat Goten in GT. in the episode where they fight, Gohan only goes super saiyan. I know that for some reason in GT Gohan never goes mystic, but still he could have gone Super saiyan 2 or somethin. Goten is very weak compared to Gohan, so I'm just at a loss of why this happened like it did
Well, he probably figured he didn't need to go stronger than Super Saiyan. He'd know his brother's fighting and, especially considering Goten was possessed, would've gone SSJ2 if necessary.

And it's interesting that someone else referred to Mystic as just another stage of power.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:48 pm

I think Budokai 2 has something to do with that now. That and the fact the Elder Kai told Gohan to 'Do that thing when you go Super Saiya-jin' so most take that as meaning it's a transformation and not an unlocking of power like the Guru power-up was.
Last edited by Xyex on Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:51 pm

From what I remember of that episode, Baby (in Goten's body) wanted Gohan to turn SSJ so that he could possess him. Somehow.

I also remember Gohan holding his own pretty well. He knew something was up with Goten, but he wasn't just going to go all out and destroy him, because he was his brother.

And when he did turn SSJ, I think Baby immedietly lept to take him over, with a cry of "what power", indicating that, yes, Gohan was stronger than Goten. Otherwise changing bodies would have been pointless.

Of course, he then goes looking for Vegeta, immedietly shoving Gohan back into the "person who doesn't train and is overtaken by everyone" catagory. Which shouldn't be true, since all his potential power was released. Possibly.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:56 pm

Yeah. The only thing that should be able to touch Gohan, training or not, is maybe Goku or Vegeta as an SSJ4. I'm not even sure if that would be enough really.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:59 pm

Xyex wrote:Yeah. The only thing that should be able to touch Gohan, training or not, is maybe Goku or Vegeta as an SSJ4. I'm not even sure if that would be enough really.
Well, when you haven't trained for nearly 15 years, your strength does go down quite a bit. His Saiyan genes may slow it down, but still.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:03 pm

Do they ever say that Gohan stopped training between the end of the Buu saga and the start of GT? I thought that he'd have learnt his lesson after his non-training between fighting Cell and the Buu saga.
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:06 pm

PsyLiam wrote:Do they ever say that Gohan stopped training between the end of the Buu saga and the start of GT? I thought that he'd have learnt his lesson after his non-training between fighting Cell and the Buu saga.
Well, he's never really shown training ever and it's pretty obvious that he's submerged in his studies. He's reading books while his brother and dad are training for fun.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:11 pm

Is there time to show him training, though? We see him for, what, 8 episodies at the end of Z, and then he vanishes two episodes into GT. Not much time to establish whether he's been training or not. (But then, I've only seen the "10 years later" stuff once, and I can't remember most of it.)

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:15 pm

PsyLiam wrote:Is there time to show him training, though? We see him for, what, 8 episodies at the end of Z, and then he vanishes two episodes into GT. Not much time to establish whether he's been training or not. (But then, I've only seen the "10 years later" stuff once, and I can't remember most of it.)
He's only shown a couple times at the end of Z. Trunks goes by his and Videl's house looking for Goten and they tell him that he's training with Goku, and he's at the Tenkaichi Budokai, only shown waching.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:57 am

Is it ever mentioned who trained Pan? I assume Goku may have played a part in it but for a good part of her life he was training Uubu. Is it safe to say that Gohan may have been busy training Pan those 10 years before the Tournament? Of course he couldnt go SSJ2, he'd end up killing his own daughter in training. If he did end up training Pan, he was probably used to fighting at a much lower level. Now if Goten and Trunks trained Pan, wich is a safer bet, then Gohan was probably busy with College, wich probably took away any time for training.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:11 pm

Sun_Wukong wrote:Is it ever mentioned who trained Pan? I assume Goku may have played a part in it but for a good part of her life he was training Uubu. Is it safe to say that Gohan may have been busy training Pan those 10 years before the Tournament? Of course he couldnt go SSJ2, he'd end up killing his own daughter in training. If he did end up training Pan, he was probably used to fighting at a much lower level. Now if Goten and Trunks trained Pan, wich is a safer bet, then Gohan was probably busy with College, wich probably took away any time for training.
Yeah, my best bet is Trunks and/or Goten. Videl might've trained her at the beginning, but someone else must've taken over a bit later. Hell, since she's 1/4th a Saiyan, she might've even picked things up from watching.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:37 am

Goku trained Pan up to some point in her first four years. It's not officially said, but she's wearing Goku's style of gi (hell maybe the EXACT one he wore at that age knowing him) instead of a Piccolo-esque type thing that Gohan was used to for training, and she was all excited to tell Goku she had completed her task of flying around the world. It seems her training is complete and she just has to keep advancing on her skills by herself. I say this since seeing the world is what Kame-sennin said to Goku in order to accumulate experience.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:16 pm

Dayspring wrote:Goku trained Pan up to some point in her first four years. It's not officially said, but she's wearing Goku's style of gi (hell maybe the EXACT one he wore at that age knowing him) instead of a Piccolo-esque type thing that Gohan was used to for training, and she was all excited to tell Goku she had completed her task of flying around the world. It seems her training is complete and she just has to keep advancing on her skills by herself. I say this since seeing the world is what Kame-sennin said to Goku in order to accumulate experience.
Oh yeah, and Pan also mentioned that Goku had given her the orange gi when she competed in the Tenkaichi Budoukai, when he was a Golden Oozaru. I just remembered that.