Wouldn't it suck... (Funny Screencap)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:09 pm

Maybe we should state that a Saiyajin is born with all his PRIMARY hair in place? And that the so called secondary hair growth starts with puberty?

(Although a moustached baby is one hell of an entertaining mental image)

And obviously Nappa and that Saiyan are dedicated martial artists, all good martial arts shave their head as a sign of dedication to the art! Right Muten Roshi-sama?

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:15 pm

Heh heh. That guy sucks. I guess they were really inaccurate with saiyan details or it was just the information wasn't available to toei yet. At least they weren't scientists like Bardock:lol:.However, you say wouldn't it suck to be that guy, but I guarantee if you had the oppertunity to have the abilities displayed in the series at the cost of looking like that or even worse, like Dodoria, I'm sure almost everyone here would take that chance..

Ok, mabye not Dodoria but you know what I mean..
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:48 pm

Pedro The Hutt wrote:Maybe we should state that a Saiyajin is born with all his PRIMARY hair in place? And that the so called secondary hair growth starts with puberty?

(Although a moustached baby is one hell of an entertaining mental image)

And obviously Nappa and that Saiyan are dedicated martial artists, all good martial arts shave their head as a sign of dedication to the art! Right Muten Roshi-sama?
I'm with you on that one. Definately.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:54 pm

Nappa was already balding in the Bardock special, that thing on his head looked ready to just fall off anytime.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:07 pm

I' pretty sure Nappa pulls a Krillin. His head is way too clean-cut and shiny.

He waxes.

That guy above and the guy in Bardock's clan have hair on the sides of their head, which is caused by common balding. Nappa had hair on his head, it was a mohawk-like deal in the Bardock special, which obviously didn't look like it was caused by normal balding. Others have the same thing... see East Kaioshin, Tapion, Android#16, Reccome, Uub...you get the point.

Look at Vegeta! He had a widows peak/receding hairline when he was born, and it never change. By all means, it should have gotten worse, then he should have lost all the top center of his hair. Satan did. :wink:
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

Panda
Beyond Newbie

Post by Panda » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Balding is genetic though. If Vegeta's maternal grandfather was bald (or balding) then chances are vegeta would be to. Since there is no proof to back this up it's an assumption that hair-loss is uncommon in the Vegeta-line.
Just remember, everytime something bad is happening to you. Something even worse is happening to someone else.

Stoney

Post by Stoney » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:58 am

But yeah, it would suck to be him. Especially thinking about whatever left that scar!
Eating pussy!

I haven't seen that episode since the first time they shown it on TV.

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:02 am

Stoney wrote:
But yeah, it would suck to be him. Especially thinking about whatever left that scar!
Eating pussy!

:shock: .... BWUHAHAHAHA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah at first I found that strange since Saiyans are supposed to keep the same hairstyle since birth but really I have never heard or read from the manga or the anime that Saiyans could never start going bald. And it seems many are bald or partially bald. However I also believe Saiyan individuals like Vegeta or Goku do not go bald. It is genetic just like humans but perhaps less likely to occur as individuals get older unlike humans.

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:27 pm

Could you imagine giving birth to Raditz? All the hair! It had to be awkward.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:04 pm

Drunken Master wrote:Could you imagine giving birth to Raditz? All the hair! It had to be awkward.
"Congratulations, Bardock! It's a... hairball."

Bardock: O_o

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:07 pm

Drunken Master wrote:Could you imagine giving birth to Raditz? All the hair! It had to be awkward.
... :shock:

Okay, you've scarred me for life, hope you're happy. :x

Anyway... my theory:

Saiya-jins are born with all of their head-hair, which remains the same until old age, and the only way that it can change shape or style is by cutting it or using the universe's strongest hair-gel. Public hair hits around puberty, then follows the route of the head-hair.

Balding only starts at the age that most humans would call old, but would be just over middle-age to a Saiya-jin. Take Nappa. He started to bald around the time of the Bardock special, almost 30 years before he and Vegeta landed on Earth, and by that time he was completely bald.

As for Goku? Dayspring's avatar; I'll say no more. :lol:
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:11 am

Heh, never thought about it, that's one unlucky saiyajin.
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:17 am

Pedro The Hutt wrote:Right Muten Roshi-sama?
Actually I'm just naturally bald.

Anyway, I'm under the impression that Nappa shaved his head at some point, and that Saiyajin can grow moustaches. GT supports this and I doubt Nappa was born with a moustache for some reason.

Dominator
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dominator » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:46 pm

Stoney wrote:
Eating pussy!

"How'd ya get that love scar, Tony? Eating pineapple?" :lol:

Oh those censors.
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/vendavaleste/]Carrion - The Dominator Fansite[/url]

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:49 pm

Ha ha, never watch movies on regular cable. Tony does like pineapple though.

Pedro The Hutt
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pedro The Hutt » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:31 pm

It would be kinda awesome if Saiyajin didn't bald though. =D That said, we've never actually seen any of them become an oyajii on screen/page. So it's still a mystery. XD

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:21 pm

Okay guys, I always come in and answer this everytime it comes up in a new Saiyan hair topic.

Vegeta says a saiyan's hair never changes from birth. That does NOT bmean they have those exact same strands of hair from birth until death. Thier hair falls out, gets cut, whatever just like anyone else. What he is saying is that once his (Vegeta's) hair grows out to that pointed look, it stops at THAT length and form. Goku says "OH, so that's why I never needed a haircut".

If thier hair is cut, it simply grows back out to that preset length and style. Saiyans age slower than humans, and it seems they hit puberty a bit later (Age 16-17 instead of 12-14). Saiyans are born with thier set hair style. If they never get it cut, shaved, or lose it due to male pattern baldness, then it would look the same throughout life. If it gets cut or shaved, it grows back to that preset style and stops growing at that point.

THAT is what Vegeta meant, and I really don't understand the confusion this seems to spawn every 3-5 months when this type of topic resurfaces. :o Don't you guys remember me explaining it in the same way last time this came up?

Dark Vegeta-Sama
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dark Vegeta-Sama » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:48 pm

If a Saiyan's hair never changes from the day they are born, than Raditz must have used his hair as a wrap-around blanket when he was a baby.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:05 pm

Dark Vegeta-Sama wrote:If a Saiyan's hair never changes from the day they are born, than Raditz must have used his hair as a wrap-around blanket when he was a baby.
Altogether: Awwww...

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:00 pm

Akira wrote:Okay guys, I always come in and answer this everytime it comes up in a new Saiyan hair topic.

Vegeta says a saiyan's hair never changes from birth. That does NOT bmean they have those exact same strands of hair from birth until death. Thier hair falls out, gets cut, whatever just like anyone else. What he is saying is that once his (Vegeta's) hair grows out to that pointed look, it stops at THAT length and form. Goku says "OH, so that's why I never needed a haircut".

If thier hair is cut, it simply grows back out to that preset length and style. Saiyans age slower than humans, and it seems they hit puberty a bit later (Age 16-17 instead of 12-14). Saiyans are born with thier set hair style. If they never get it cut, shaved, or lose it due to male pattern baldness, then it would look the same throughout life. If it gets cut or shaved, it grows back to that preset style and stops growing at that point.

THAT is what Vegeta meant, and I really don't understand the confusion this seems to spawn every 3-5 months when this type of topic resurfaces. :o Don't you guys remember me explaining it in the same way last time this came up?
Wait, did that guy get born half-bald like that then? Of am I missing something?