Dragon Ball Super's power levels are much lower than GT

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super's power levels are much lower than GT

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:53 am

GorgonMK wrote:In Dragon Ball Super there isn't much we can use to compare it to Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball GT.

Except Ultimate Gohan. In episode 88, Piccolo and Gohan started training to regain Gohan's old powers, before Gohan re-gains Ultimate form Piccolo says "Super Saiyan isn't your full power is it? That power you used when you fought Boo... Axaken that real you!" so we can safely assume that this ultimate Gohan is the same as Ultimate Gohan that fought Buutenks. At the end of this episode we learn that there is 9 hours 30 minutes left.

At the end of episode 89 there are 8 hours left so Gohan and Piccolo trained for 1 hour 30 minutes after Gohan became ultimate.

At the end of episode 90 there are 4 hours 30 minutes left. With fights and resting etc. included let's say 4 hours and 30 minutes of non-stop training for Gohan.

Unless Gohan got a power boost bigger than Goku did when he became SSG, there is no way that Gohan fights evenly againts SSB Goku. You might say "Goku hold back, so Gohan actually isn't that strong" but you are wrong, to finish the fight Goku used Kaioken so this means he was already using base SSB to its fullest. Unless Goku used Kaioken when he was holding back, we know that original Ultimate Gohan is not much weaker than Super Saiyan Blue.

Lets come to the GT. In episode 19 of the GT, Goku says: "The universe is cartainly a big place. To think that I should come across someone with a Ki as large as yours... It's even greater than Boo's..." As you might know all Boo's are called "Boo" in the original Japanese manga so this might be any one of them but Goku clearly says that he never came across a Ki bigger than this so my bet is that he is talking about Boohan. That doesn't matter in the end, Goku toys with him through entire fight without going to super saiyan 2 or higher. So this base Kid Goku of GT is vastly superior to the original Ultimate Gohan.

So unless Gohan got a boost higher than any other boost in Dragon Ball history (Besides Trunks), GT base Goku is stronger than SSB ToP Goku.

super's (anime) power levels starts where gt's leaves.
Both bog beerus and omega hase the same feat as stated by kaioshin, but beerus has a much immediate one.
Gohan took an exponential boost, in base is stronger than good buu, who was ssj2tier in his saga.
So, Gohan in his base alone , at top is at least somewhere between fat buu and super buu lowballing.
Moreover, he trained his mystic form, skyroketig the multiplier reaching highs of ssb tier. dbs's Gohan from anime is far far stronger than anyone in gt.
Regarding super (manga) , everyone there is weaker than ssj4 baby saga goku, so yes , in that distance gt's power levels >>>>super's power levels

Obviously, the buu goku quoted when facing rildo is buuhan(rage), the strongest buu appeared.
But this isn't a factor, because in gt after m2 EVERYONE is stronger than even super vegetto from dbz. Yes, Gohan got an explonentiwl boost present top in his training with piccolo, who already had reached the highs of post ritual base saiyans in his base since champ arc.
Naturally, training with someone that already is god ki base tier makes your own strength skyrocket, as shown by Gohan, that from a base probably in range of x2 perfect cell ,has arrived at a point where his base Is possibly much stroger thanssj3 buu saga goku in only a night, One zenkai after another

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:18 am

Infinite Zamasu single-handedly stomps anything GT has to offer. The strongest villain of GT Omega Shenron was only universal level, while Infinite Zamasu was a threat to the entire multiverse.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:57 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:Infinite Zamasu single-handedly stomps anything GT has to offer. The strongest villain of GT Omega Shenron was only universal level, while Infinite Zamasu was a threat to the entire multiverse.
Astrale zamasu Is 4D, there isn't really any sensed comparison to anyone else, at least from the standard db series

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:12 pm

GorgonMK wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:08 am In Dragon Ball Super there isn't much we can use to compare it to Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball GT.

Except Ultimate Gohan. In episode 88, Piccolo and Gohan started training to regain Gohan's old powers, before Gohan re-gains Ultimate form Piccolo says "Super Saiyan isn't your full power is it? That power you used when you fought Boo... Axaken that real you!" so we can safely assume that this ultimate Gohan is the same as Ultimate Gohan that fought Buutenks. At the end of this episode we learn that there is 9 hours 30 minutes left.

At the end of episode 89 there are 8 hours left so Gohan and Piccolo trained for 1 hour 30 minutes after Gohan became ultimate.

At the end of episode 90 there are 4 hours 30 minutes left. With fights and resting etc. included let's say 4 hours and 30 minutes of non-stop training for Gohan.

Unless Gohan got a power boost bigger than Goku did when he became SSG, there is no way that Gohan fights evenly againts SSB Goku. You might say "Goku hold back, so Gohan actually isn't that strong" but you are wrong, to finish the fight Goku used Kaioken so this means he was already using base SSB to its fullest. Unless Goku used Kaioken when he was holding back, we know that original Ultimate Gohan is not much weaker than Super Saiyan Blue.

Lets come to the GT. In episode 19 of the GT, Goku says: "The universe is cartainly a big place. To think that I should come across someone with a Ki as large as yours... It's even greater than Boo's..." As you might know all Boo's are called "Boo" in the original Japanese manga so this might be any one of them but Goku clearly says that he never came across a Ki bigger than this so my bet is that he is talking about Boohan. That doesn't matter in the end, Goku toys with him through entire fight without going to super saiyan 2 or higher. So this base Kid Goku of GT is vastly superior to the original Ultimate Gohan.

So unless Gohan got a boost higher than any other boost in Dragon Ball history (Besides Trunks), GT base Goku is stronger than SSB ToP Goku.
gohan is most shtronger ... is simple
and Goku God

Drepanosaurus

Post by Drepanosaurus » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:17 am

Bullza wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:52 pm Which characters in GT can destroy a Universe with one shot again?
None of them can one shot a universe in the first place other than Zeno. Beerus would probably need to go full power to blow up Universe 7.

Myk

Post by Myk » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:17 pm

Drepanosaurus wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:17 am
Bullza wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:52 pm Which characters in GT can destroy a Universe with one shot again?
None of them can one shot a universe in the first place other than Zeno. Beerus would probably need to go full power to blow up Universe 7.
Kefla probably could. She at least thinks she could in the tournament of power. Goku should honestly be able to do it too since In the anime he was half of the power that was going to destroy the universe.

Caiomsp

Post by Caiomsp » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:34 pm

Using the quote from that Anime Comic is a bit complicated, because it itself has inconsistencies with Perfect Files, which states that Super Saiyan 4 Goku is the supreme warrior, and later states that Baby Oozaru He is the strongest of the warriors.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:33 pm

Caiomsp wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:34 pm Using the quote from that Anime Comic is a bit complicated, because it itself has inconsistencies with Perfect Files, which states that Super Saiyan 4 Goku is the supreme warrior, and later states that Baby Oozaru He is the strongest of the warriors.
I don’t think you will get any engagement from a thread that ended over two years ago. Not to mention I’ve seen this same comment in two other old threads as well. This is necroposting. It would be better to start a new, if you already didn’t do it.

Caiomsp

Post by Caiomsp » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:35 pm

I don't know how to use this forum, I thought it would be easy but I gave up on it.

Mireya
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Mireya » Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:49 am

Is necroposting even that bad? I mean, as long as they find something of importance to add and are not addressing any other member who posted years ago, they're just bringing the discussion to the light again, in a thread that could be easily made again, but that if the discussion moves forward, it'll keep the same relevance in terms of the subject being debated. It's like saying there's an expiration date for threads. Those are one of the rules that never made much sense to me.