What if Broly and Kale met

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What if Broly and Kale met

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:03 am

Cetra wrote:
nickzambuto wrote: What's the story with that?
They need 7 Saiyajin to bring back Goku but only have Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Pan and Bra so they bring back Broly but Broly is losing it so Vegeta (and later Paikuhan) need to teach him a lesson. He also attacks Bra when she brings him something to eat while she says he is a Saiyajin too so he probably must have the same eating behaviour.
Of all the saiyans they possibly could have brought back for this, they chose Broli... and then they were surprised when he started losing it.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:39 pm

They needed a Saiyan who could transform in a Super Saiyan in order to restore the Dragon Balls with his "light". So Raditz, Tullece, Table and Nappa weren't considered. More details in Toyble's AF topic :wink:

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:37 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
Cetra wrote:
nickzambuto wrote: What's the story with that?
They need 7 Saiyajin to bring back Goku but only have Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Pan and Bra so they bring back Broly but Broly is losing it so Vegeta (and later Paikuhan) need to teach him a lesson. He also attacks Bra when she brings him something to eat while she says he is a Saiyajin too so he probably must have the same eating behaviour.
Of all the saiyans they possibly could have brought back for this, they chose Broli... and then they were surprised when he started losing it.
They needed 7 Super Saiyajins. Broly is probably the only one they knew about.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:52 am

Goku786 wrote:Brolly Would SMASH! Kale. Kale's new name would be "Killed".
More like the reverse. Kale is far far FAR more powerful than Broly.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:37 pm

I just imagine Broly stepping some portal created by Towa in the middle of the Tournament of Power.

Broly: Kakaroooooooot!!!

Kale: Gokuuuuuu!!!

Broly (screaming at Kale): Kakarot!!!

Kale: Goku!!!

Broly: Hmm... Kakarot?

Kale: Goku.

*Nod in tandem and turn to Goku*

Goku: I have a bad feeling about this...

SuperCyan2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperCyan2 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:28 pm

Kale: "Hello Big Brother."

Broli: "I have a sister? But I don't get it, Father never told me!"

Broli: "Are you really my little sis?"

Kale: "Yes, I am."

Broli: "I doubt that. Let's do a DNA test."

Ha ha. This would be the most sane Broli would ever be. :lol:
Account no longer in use since 03/31/2018.

Jaganshi1993

Post by Jaganshi1993 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Kale is way better than Broly

Hawkcam1996

Post by Hawkcam1996 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:01 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:37 pm I just imagine Broly stepping some portal created by Towa in the middle of the Tournament of Power.

Broly: Kakaroooooooot!!!

Kale: Gokuuuuuu!!!

Broly (screaming at Kale): Kakarot!!!

Kale: Goku!!!

Broly: Hmm... Kakarot?

Kale: Goku.

*Nod in tandem and turn to Goku*

Goku: I have a bad feeling about this...
Oh wow, that sounds like a totally awesome and hilarious teamup scene. It’s too bad that didn’t happen, but at least we got a more awesome version of Broly in the new movie.

Jaganshi1993

Post by Jaganshi1993 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:07 pm

Jaganshi1993 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:10 pm Kale is way better than Broly
This did not aged very well...

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:38 pm

Broly is so much stronger than Kale I doubt it would've a terribly momentous meeting. Plus, Broly has never been all that self-obsessed with his own transformation.

Now if VEGETA was the legendary super saiyan and he saw Kale...

EDIT: Oh this was from before Super Broly. lol
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:40 pm

Classic Broly:
Broly would sense the latent powers within Kale and it would drive him with the urge to fight like all Saiyans, but especially Broly for obvious reasons. He is simply evil at this point and time so he'd be toying with her and mocking her until she transforms, then the real fight will begin. He'd surely win due to the pure inexperienced nature of Kale as her power alone will not be able to stop Broly's fighting prowess and natural talent. His durability feats are much higher as he is shown invincible until an all powers combined punch one shots.

Super Broly:
Broly would be curious about her and I think they would make good friends albeit they'd be shy of each other, but that could work in their favor as having something to relate to. I can't see any possible situation where they'd fight each other as it is against their innate nature to do so.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:21 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:38 pmBroly is so much stronger than Kale I doubt it would've a terribly momentous meeting.
I'm not sure the difference in power between Super Broly and Kale is really that great. Original Broly was beaten by a regular Super Saiyan, while Kale was giving Super Saiyan Blue Goku a lot of trouble, so Kale is definitely stronger than original Broly. I remember fans were complaining that the Legendary Super Saiyan form was able to compete with Blue at all. Super Broly probably is stronger than Kale, given how the characters reacted to him, but it's hard to say by how much. He was stronger than Blue, similar to Kale, but was helpless against Blue Gogeta, as pretty much anyone would be.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:56 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:21 am
Cursed Lemon wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:38 pmBroly is so much stronger than Kale I doubt it would've a terribly momentous meeting.
I'm not sure the difference in power between Super Broly and Kale is really that great. Original Broly was beaten by a regular Super Saiyan, while Kale was giving Super Saiyan Blue Goku a lot of trouble, so Kale is definitely stronger than original Broly. I remember fans were complaining that the Legendary Super Saiyan form was able to compete with Blue at all. Super Broly probably is stronger than Kale, given how the characters reacted to him, but it's hard to say by how much. He was stronger than Blue, similar to Kale, but was helpless against Blue Gogeta, as pretty much anyone would be.
Super Broly is in Jiren's territory, which Kale absolutely isn't - remember that Goku's UI form in its infancy beat Kefla.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:52 pm

If they wanted to do a Super Broly vs Kale fight story, they could absolutely fudge it so the two of them are even. That's generally how those crossover stories go.

In terms of how the meeting would go, it's hard to tell. They're both so passive outside of battle, Broly especially. Really, it'd just be a meeting between Cheelai and Caulifla talking on their behalf. Those two would probably get on well.