Freeza evolution - Connection with tardigrades

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJGarfield

Freeza evolution - Connection with tardigrades

Post by SSJGarfield » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:13 am

I was having the following theory.

What if the "Freeza-race"/Ice-jin/Frost demons or however you like to call them, could be
highly derived decendants of tardigrades (also known as water bears) or a similar organism.

Like the "Freeza-race", Tardigrades are able to survive in the vacuum of space, are able to
withstand huge pressures, extreme cold of nearly absolute zero, extreme heat of up to 148
degrees celcius and probably extreme drought.

Please let me know if you can get behind this theory and if you can't get behind it, please
ellaborate (Please don't use creationism as an explanation why this couldn't be the case)

Hope you guys like this theory

thezander

Re: Freeza evolution - Connection with tardigrades

Post by thezander » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:59 am

Since you mentioned it I really want to hear a creation theory. But I got nothing on that front. when under those dire conditions don't they just curl up and become dormant? They don't really function well, also they might be strong relative to their size and with stand pressure but I don't think they get stronger. They also do not look similar in the least bit. I can only think of counter points really I'm trying to see other similarities. Maybe it's there other way though and tardigrades are the Freeza's of the microscopic organisms.

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:20 pm

I highly doubt Toriyama had water bears on his mind when he came up with Frieza.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:46 pm

I think Freeza was based on the Xenomorphs from the Alien series, his third form directly channels the design of HR Giger and Ridley Scott's films as well as the "perfect organism, devoid of delusions of compassion or morality" traits that Freeza is known for.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: