Who do you think the villain is in the new up-coming DBS movie?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FutureTrunks

Re: Who do you think the villain is in the new up-coming DBS movie?

Post by FutureTrunks » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:06 pm

A different universes Broly. 8)
-Mark

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:08 pm

I like the Sun Wukong idea, but it'll probably just be some new saiyan who's maybe time traveling or something.

Probably a U7 saiyan too, since they have a tail.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Bob the Saiyan.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:42 pm

Chuquita wrote:I like the Sun Wukong idea, but it'll probably just be some new saiyan who's maybe time traveling or something.

I don't think that he did he have a tail? I certainly didn't see one. I believe there was a fur coat around his waist though

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:48 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I like the Sun Wukong idea, but it'll probably just be some new saiyan who's maybe time traveling or something.

I don't think that he did he have a tail? I certainly didn't see one. I believe there was a fur coat around his waist though
You're right. I went to go rewatch and what I thought was a tail at 00:13 is part of his coat.

He could be from U6 then; good to know.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:59 pm

Chuquita wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

You're right. I went to go rewatch and what I thought was a tail at 00:13 is part of his coat.

He could be from U6 then; good to know.
Yeah I think the fur coat and his overall look purposely makes it ambiguous where he is from. If he was shown to have a tail he would automatically not be from Universe 6. It is probably an ancient Saiyan of some capacity given that this movie is supposed to explore the history of the Saiyans.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:31 am

Even if he does have a tail he could still be from the past of Universe 6 before they evolved to lose their tails.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:02 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
Better yet, Baby-Hatchiyack-Copy-Black-Bio-Broly-Ginyu.
How about Majin Android Baby Hatchiyack Janembuu Copy SSJR Black Bio Ginyu SSJ3 Broly Absorbed :D
I think you've missed some Fused, Kaioken x20 and Migatte no Gokui :lol: and why not some Watagash

So Majin Watagash Android Baby Hatchiyack Fused Janembuu Copy SSJR Black Bio Ginyu SSJ3 Broly Absorbed Kaioken x20 Migatte no Gokui :D
We figured it out guys!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:16 am

Is the villain not Yamoshi?

He's the original super saiyan or super saiyan god yes?

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:21 am

Maybe the first super sayien god.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:13 pm

Jackal puFF wrote:Is the villain not Yamoshi?

The lore behind Yamoshi or what we have so far wouldn't make sense for him to be bad or a villain, since the whole thing behind him was he was one of the first good Saiyans.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

The lore behind Yamoshi or what we have so far wouldn't make sense for him to be bad or a villain, since the whole thing behind him was he was one of the first good Saiyans.
Both Yamoshi and the original Super Saiyan God were said to be people of righteous character, yeah. The original SSG was also said to have fought the evil Saiyans on Planet Vegeta but the evil just took over again anyway.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:22 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Why does he need to be bad or a villain? He could just be like Beerus, or even like Goku himself.

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:42 pm

It could perhaps be the strongest of the evil Saiyans that Yamoshi struggled fighting against.

SuperSalt

Post by SuperSalt » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:16 pm

Maybe the 6 destroyed universes has come back - and we find out that, it was in fact not twin-universes, but triplet universes. So maybe there is one more planet of Saiyans - and the villain is from there

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:38 pm

Maybe its Bardock for some reason.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:26 pm

A tired old man who no longer loves to fight for he has lived so many thousands of years.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:19 pm

We've gotten a lot of hints about who he could be. The producers of the movie, Akio Iyoku, the director of Shueisha, and Norihiro Hayashida, producer of Toei, both announced the movie and stated during the first trailer release that it would "definitely" collaborate with the "Dragon Ball Legends" game.

However, what people are not talking about is the DB Legends trailer. The trailer starts off with showing a red planet. Then that planet explodes and we then zoom into the eye of that same mysterious Saiyan. Then we transition into showing the Dragon Balls. This already tells me that most likely that planet represented the original home planet of the Saiyans - Planet Sadal, but the Universe 7 version. It tells me that this mysterious Saiyan is from there. The trailer goes on and shows different characters who we all know except for Shallot. Then at the end of the trailer, there's a red hooded guy standing behind Shallot, again most likely that same mysterious Saiyan. We know that this new Saiyan is old and probably has a tail since Shallot has a tail. We also know that he has a unique Super Saiyan transformation similar to Kale which would be the only reason he could give Goku or Vegeta post-Tournament of Power any challenge as Kale wasn't a cake walk and she just barely discovered her "Berserk" transformation.

I had beta access to the DB Legends game. The story starts off with Shallot having no memories of his past. He only remembers his name and he can instinctively remember how to fight. As the story progresses we learn that there is apparently a "Tournament of Time" where all fighters of different eras are being invited. Surprisingly, King Kai is inviting people and the prize again is the Super Dragon Balls. Seems a bit repetitive to be doing another tournament but that's the exact conversation dialogue you get when you start the DB Legends game. Additionally, Shallot remembers someone telling him to "Run Shallot! Save yourself!". This tells me that Shallot's last memory was that he was running away from something that was dangerous - something that occurred on his home planet before it exploded. As soon as the game starts, Shallot is ambushed by a "muscle-head" Saiyan. Future Trunks arrives and helps him out who apparently was also invited to the tournament. The muscle-head Saiyan turns out to be none other than - Broly. Now In the movie trailer, we saw a Saiyan with a characteristic green aura and bulking up muscles, reminiscing of Kale/Broly but we know it's not either of them because Broly is not canon and Kale is a different character altogether. So no, this mysterious Saiyan isn't Broly. Further evidence of this is that in the DB Legends trailer, we saw Broly and then we saw the red hooded guy standing behind Shallot separately, so it shows that they are different people. That's all we know from the beta so far as they didn't allow us to progress through the story beyond to know more.

The theory about the 6 other universes being revived from Android 17's wish is logical, but after talking to native Japanese speakers, most of them state that the word, "were" in Android 17's statement was subbed incorrectly in that he really meant to restore the universes that were erased recently during the Tournament of Power. Due to this, it is unlikely that the mysterious Saiyan and Shallot are from a different universe or that the other 6 universes were even revived. It is more likely that Shallot and the mysterious Saiyan were revived to participate in this so-called "Tournament of Time". Their home planet, Sadal, is still destroyed.

We already know the official canon timeline of DBZ as per the Daizenshuu 7 which stated that the first Super Saiyan was 238 years Before Age. Goku turns Super Saiyan in Age 762 for the first time against Freeza on Namek. Therefore, 238+762=1000 years exactly which is what Vegeta said. The dub was incorrect when Vegeta said that a Super Saiyan occurs every 1000 years. In fact, the correct translation was that the last Super Saiyan was 1000 years ago. This predates Planet Vegeta / Plant or even before Freeza met the Saiyans.

We know from Toriyama's interview that Yamoshi was the Saiyan to become the first Super Saiyan in history. However, if Yamoshi is the first Saiyan with a righteous heart, then he's supposed to be a good guy right? So how could he be the villain or next bad guy? What would his motive even be? Yamoshi was rebelling against something on Planet Sadal but he was outnumbered and lost. Toriyama's exact words were "mighty foe". I believe that the new mysterious Saiyan is indeed Yamoshi but he's not the bad guy. Goku wants to fight him because he's strong (as usual). His purpose is the Tournament of Time, to win the Super Dragon Balls to wish back Planet Sadal of universe 7 (which is still destroyed). I think that Yamoshi had a good heart, but after transforming into the Great Ape (Oozaru), he lost control and started destroying everything, including the planet. In the DB Legends game, Shallot remembers only 1 thing - "Run Shallot! Save yourself!". Shallot was running away from something dangerous which could have been Golden Oozaru Yamoshi.

Then again, I could be completely wrong and this is a completely new character, not Yamoshi, but another Saiyan. However, for that to be true, another Super Saiyan other than Yamoshi would have had to exist and then the fact of 1000 years wouldn't apply anymore. Toriyama could also just forget all these things and write his own story not consistent with this information.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Its most likely the saiyan that killed Yamoshi

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:25 pm

kn83 wrote:Its most likely the saiyan that killed Yamoshi
Yamoshi was outnumbered and defeated by many saiyans, not just one. The main assumption you guys are making is that it's a villain at all. Akira Toriyama says "long-awaited formidable opponent". This doesn't mean a bad guy. Goku could just be challenging him because he's strong. He looks excited and happy in the trailer. Yamoshi is a righteous hearted saiyan and the super saiyan of legend, so it would make perfect sense that it is Yamoshi.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707