Unanswered questions that you wish were answered?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Unanswered questions that you wish were answered?

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Gligarman wrote:I've always wanted to know if Goku was ever reunited with Grandpa Gohan in the afterlife. Since we last saw the two together Goku still didn't know that he was the one that killed him.
Goku realizes he was the one that killed Grandpa Gohan in the Saiyan Arc. He sees Vegeta in the ape form and he realizes that "the monster" that killed Grandpa Gohan was him

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu May 24, 2018 11:20 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Gligarman wrote:I've always wanted to know if Goku was ever reunited with Grandpa Gohan in the afterlife. Since we last saw the two together Goku still didn't know that he was the one that killed him.
Goku realizes he was the one that killed Grandpa Gohan in the Saiyan Arc. He sees Vegeta in the ape form and he realizes that "the monster" that killed Grandpa Gohan was him
That was after Goku met Grandpa Gohan at Baba's place. Goku didn't know at the time of that meeting that he was the one who killed him.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:42 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
That was after Goku met Grandpa Gohan at Baba's place. Goku didn't know at the time of that meeting that he was the one who killed him.
Oh It appears I have misintrepreted what was meant. I thought it was being said that Goku never realized he was the one that killed Grandpa Gohan.

TheZFighter
Regular

Re: Question unanswered that you want answer ?

Post by TheZFighter » Mon May 28, 2018 5:01 am

Meshack wrote:
TheZFighter wrote:
Meshack wrote: Chaoz is an Earthling with a design based on a Chinese vampire.

Ten has three eyes because he’s a descendant of the Three-Eye Tribe

Yamcha was a bandit so probably from his battles
Again, I'm aware of all of this but I'd still like to see it addressed in-universe.
Why would they address it?
What sort of dumb question is that?
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:14 am

theherodjl wrote:One that bugs everyone.

How. The. Fuck. Did. Cell. Regenerate. Without. His. Clump?
The dub fixed that one. He can regenerate from any cell.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon May 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:The dub fixed that one. He can regenerate from any cell.
Unfortunately, the dub is the only source that does so. The manga, anime, and guides do or say little to explain how Cell can regenerate without the clump, the one he says is in his head, except for the implication that he's just special or something.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:56 am

Can the OP edit and list the questions in this thread that remain unanswered? This will help other people try to answer questions that my already have answers.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed May 30, 2018 1:25 pm

Which form of Super Saiyan Blue is stronger? Perfected Super Saiyan Blue from the Dragon Ball Super Manga or Super Saiyan Blue Evolution from the Dragon Ball Super Anime?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:28 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Which form of Super Saiyan Blue is stronger? Perfected Super Saiyan Blue from the Dragon Ball Super Manga or Super Saiyan Blue Evolution from the Dragon Ball Super Anime?
They're equal. The anime gave Kaioken to Goku on top of Blue instead of MSSB. Since Vegeta could not learn Kaioken, to compensate, they had to give a new transformation, SSBE. The same exact scene where Goku fights Jiren with Kaioken x20 is the scene in the manga where he uses MSSB. In the future chapters, the manga will show MSSB Goku and Vegeta fighting Jiren which is the same scene as SSB+Kaioken x20 Goku and SSBE Vegeta vs Jiren in the anime.

You can check the manga vs anime thread in my sig to see the scenes. Thefore, MSSB in manga = SSBE = SSB + Kaioken x20.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed May 30, 2018 3:47 pm

If gods have a different type of ki, which the Z warriors didn't know how to sense until after Beerus showed up, how did Goku lock on to King Kai's ki and Instant Transmission himself and Cell to his planet?

Does Dende have god ki, or is his deity status just a title?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:23 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:If gods have a different type of ki, which the Z warriors didn't know how to sense until after Beerus showed up, how did Goku lock on to King Kai's ki and Instant Transmission himself and Cell to his planet?

The only way I can rationalize that is that King Kai is a lower god and so he doesn't have god ki. Piccolo saw Kaioshin for the first time and essentially had the same reaction as everybody who comes in contact with God Ki in DBS. His description was similar to when people describe it in DBS where they can't sense the person's ki but they can feel an immense pressure emanating from the person with the God Ki. Piccolo didn't move because he felt so weird during the Tenkaichi Budokai so it kinda fits. He never made any such comment about this about King Kai

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:41 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:If gods have a different type of ki, which the Z warriors didn't know how to sense until after Beerus showed up, how did Goku lock on to King Kai's ki and Instant Transmission himself and Cell to his planet?

It's never shown that Goku ever locked specifically onto Kaiou's ki. He very well could have locked onto Bubbles' ki or the ki of the planet itself (we know, from Goku's training to learn the Genki Dama, that planets have genki at least). This is supported a bit by the fact that, when Goku teleported there in the Cell arc to find out where New Namek was, he teleported a fair ways away from Kaiou and had to go "looking for him".

The position of Earth's Kami isn't solely just a title, given that it's made clear he could sense the "divine ki" of Beerus, when non-gods couldn't, but he himself does not have godly ki that we're aware of. During the Buu arc, it's clearly indicated that he can be sensed by the likes of Gohan and the others (when they were looking for him after Ultimate Gohan's first fight with Buu).

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:02 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Which form of Super Saiyan Blue is stronger? Perfected Super Saiyan Blue from the Dragon Ball Super Manga or Super Saiyan Blue Evolution from the Dragon Ball Super Anime?
They're equal. The anime gave Kaioken to Goku on top of Blue instead of MSSB. Since Vegeta could not learn Kaioken, to compensate, they had to give a new transformation, SSBE. The same exact scene where Goku fights Jiren with Kaioken x20 is the scene in the manga where he uses MSSB. In the future chapters, the manga will show MSSB Goku and Vegeta fighting Jiren which is the same scene as SSB+Kaioken x20 Goku and SSBE Vegeta vs Jiren in the anime.

You can check the manga vs anime thread in my sig to see the scenes. Thefore, MSSB in manga = SSBE = SSB + Kaioken x20.
Thank you for your instantaneous reply, Shadowfox87, but if Son Gohan had been able to transform into a Super Saiyan 1 from having been an eyewitness to Krillin nearly being killed by Second Form Frieza’s Death Fork, could the young son of Goku have beaten the Effeminate Emperor of Epicene Evil?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:50 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Thank you for your instantaneous reply, Shadowfox87, but if Son Gohan had been able to transform into a Super Saiyan 1 from having been an eyewitness to Krillin nearly being killed by Second Form Frieza’s Death Fork, could the young son of Goku have beaten the Effeminate Emperor of Epicene Evil?
Goku and Krillin were best friends since high school. Krillin was also asking for help from Goku just before he was killed. He's also already been killed by Tambourine so he couldn't be wished by Shenlon. This is why it triggered Goku's emotions much more. SSJ is a 50x multiplier from base. Goku had a base of 3 million when he arrived at the scene. Gohan, based on V-Jump had a power level of 200,000 and much higher when mad. With the zenkai, I'm sure that his power level reached beyond 1 million, let's ballpark it to 1.5 million since he did a Masenko that even gave third form Freeza a hard time. Therefore, SSJ Gohan would be 50x1.5 million = 75 million. Freeza's 100% power level is 120 million so Gohan would not have been able to beat Freeza.

Good question! I love what if scenarios.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:03 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Thank you for your instantaneous reply, Shadowfox87, but if Son Gohan had been able to transform into a Super Saiyan 1 from having been an eyewitness to Krillin nearly being killed by Second Form Frieza’s Death Fork, could the young son of Goku have beaten the Effeminate Emperor of Epicene Evil?
Goku and Krillin were best friends since high school. Krillin was also asking for help from Goku just before he was killed. He's also already been killed by Tambourine so he couldn't be wished by Shenlon. This is why it triggered Goku's emotions much more. SSJ is a 50x multiplier from base. Goku had a base of 3 million when he arrived at the scene. Gohan, based on V-Jump had a power level of 200,000 and much higher when mad. With the zenkai, I'm sure that his power level reached beyond 1 million, let's ballpark it to 1.5 million since he did a Masenko that even gave third form Freeza a hard time. Therefore, SSJ Gohan would be 50x1.5 million = 75 million. Freeza's 100% power level is 120 million so Gohan would not have been able to beat Freeza.

Good question! I love what if scenarios.
You're welcome, Shadowfox87! I also have an adoration for what if scenarios. Now what would have been your very own take on this one? If instead of Future Son Goku, Future Vegeta had been the one to have contracted the Heart Virus, shortly after having sired his heir in the form of Future Trunks, in the Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks TV Special?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:You're welcome, Shadowfox87! I also have an adoration for what if scenarios. Now what would have been your very own take on this one? If instead of Future Son Goku, Future Vegeta had been the one to have contracted the Heart Virus, shortly after having sired his heir in the form of Future Trunks, in the Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks TV Special?
Ok, so Vegeta dies of the heart virus in Age 767. Androids 17 and 18 attack South City. Goku alone would not have been able to beat the Androids as he is just 1 Super Saiyan. Goku would be defeated by the Androids, but he would retreat using Shunkan Ido to Kami's lookout or King Kai's planet. Let us assume that Piccolo was killed by the Androids, making the Dragon Balls turn to stone. Goku can go to King Kai's planet and inform him of the events. King Kai was sleeping and had no idea what was happening on Earth (just like in the main timeline). King Kai locates New Namek. Goku teleports to Namek and brings Dende. Dende becomes the new guardian. Meanwhile, Goku introduces the Room of Spirit and Time to the remaining Z senshi that have survived (if any). If only Gohan has survived, he would train in the RoSaT with Gohan alone with plans to revive the Z senshi using the Dragon Balls later. Androids 17 and 18 cannot sense Goku's ki, so they cannot follow him to Kami's lookout. They continue to destroy innocent civilians for 1 day while Goku and Gohan are training for 1 year in the RoSaT. After 1 day, Goku and Gohan easily defeat the Androids. The Earth Dragon Balls are collected and the new Shenron can now grant three wishes. They revive those who were killed by the Androids (which takes up 2 wishes) and restore the damage done by them (last wish).

So basically, even though Vegeta has died instead of Goku, Goku's knowledge of teleporation and RoSaT as well as his relationship with King Kai, gives a significant advantage and changes the course of events.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:20 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:You're welcome, Shadowfox87! I also have an adoration for what if scenarios. Now what would have been your very own take on this one? If instead of Future Son Goku, Future Vegeta had been the one to have contracted the Heart Virus, shortly after having sired his heir in the form of Future Trunks, in the Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks TV Special?
Ok, so Vegeta dies of the heart virus in Age 767. Androids 17 and 18 attack South City. Goku alone would not have been able to beat the Androids as he is just 1 Super Saiyan. Goku would be defeated by the Androids, but he would retreat using Shunkan Ido to Kami's lookout or King Kai's planet. Let us assume that Piccolo was killed by the Androids, making the Dragon Balls turn to stone. Goku can go to King Kai's planet and inform him of the events. King Kai was sleeping and had no idea what was happening on Earth (just like in the main timeline). King Kai locates New Namek. Goku teleports to Namek and brings Dende. Dende becomes the new guardian. Meanwhile, Goku introduces the Room of Spirit and Time to the remaining Z senshi that have survived (if any). If only Gohan has survived, he would train in the RoSaT with Gohan alone with plans to revive the Z senshi using the Dragon Balls later. Androids 17 and 18 cannot sense Goku's ki, so they cannot follow him to Kami's lookout. They continue to destroy innocent civilians for 1 day while Goku and Gohan are training for 1 year in the RoSaT. After 1 day, Goku and Gohan easily defeat the Androids. The Earth Dragon Balls are collected and the new Shenron can now grant three wishes. They revive those who were killed by the Androids (which takes up 2 wishes) and restore the damage done by them (last wish).

So basically, even though Vegeta has died instead of Goku, Goku's knowledge of teleporation and RoSaT as well as his relationship with King Kai, gives a significant advantage and changes the course of events.
Very interesting. However, what do you believe Son Goku and Son Gohan would have achieved in their year of training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber together? What would you have believe had happened to young Future Trunks, if his father was never present in his life?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Very interesting. However, what do you believe Son Goku and Son Gohan would have achieved in their year of training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber together? What would you have believe had happened to young Future Trunks, if his father was never present in his life?
Goku and Gohan would have achieved the same thing as in the main timeline as there aren't any alterations. Hence, Gohan would achieve SSJ2 temporarily in the Time Chamber. Goku and Gohan would both achieve the grade 4 of Super Saiyan. Without Vegeta in Trunks life, he would become more carefree and less serious about training. Because Bulma is his mother, he has a lot of money and he can spend it on anything. He'd play with Goten and buy toys and other things. He wouldn't be that interested in fighting or trying to outdo Goten. Vegeta previously pushed Trunks to train and outdo Goten since he's the son of Goku.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:17 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Very interesting. However, what do you believe Son Goku and Son Gohan would have achieved in their year of training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber together? What would you have believe had happened to young Future Trunks, if his father was never present in his life?
Goku and Gohan would have achieved the same thing as in the main timeline as there aren't any alterations. Hence, Gohan would achieve SSJ2 temporarily in the Time Chamber. Goku and Gohan would both achieve the grade 4 of Super Saiyan. Without Vegeta in Trunks life, he would become more carefree and less serious about training. Because Bulma is his mother, he has a lot of money and he can spend it on anything. He'd play with Goten and buy toys and other things. He wouldn't be that interested in fighting or trying to outdo Goten. Vegeta previously pushed Trunks to train and outdo Goten since he's the son of Goku.
If in the hypothetical Otherworld Saga, Great Saiyaman Saga, World Tournament Saga, and Babidi Sagas of this same separate timeline, Future Son Goku, Future Son Gohan, Future Son Goten, and Future Mr. Piccolo had been rather diligently training under Future King Kai in the Future Otherworld since the defeat of Future Android 17 and Future Android 18, and Future Babidi had managed to search for and then convert the likes of Super Saiyan 2 Future Turles, Great Namek Future Lord Slug (Youth Restored), Fifth Form Future Cooler, and the First Form of Future Janemba into Majins before having gone to Future Earth, how different do you think the events would have played out if in the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament, Future Son Gohan in a fit of rage over Future Videl being beaten, had his current strongest transformation at the time evolve into a level even beyond that and used it on Majin Spopovitch?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:18 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:If in the hypothetical Otherworld Saga, Great Saiyaman Saga, World Tournament Saga, and Babidi Sagas of this same separate timeline, Future Son Goku, Future Son Gohan, Future Son Goten, and Future Mr. Piccolo had been rather diligently training under Future King Kai in the Future Otherworld since the defeat of Future Android 17 and Future Android 18, and Future Babidi had managed to search for and then convert the likes of Super Saiyan 2 Future Turles, Great Namek Future Lord Slug (Youth Restored), Fifth Form Future Cooler, and the First Form of Future Janemba into Majins before having gone to Future Earth, how different do you think the events would have played out if in the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament, Future Son Gohan in a fit of rage over Future Videl being beaten, had his current strongest transformation at the time evolve into a level even beyond that and used it on Majin Spopovitch?
I answered it here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30808&p=1504439#p1504439