Bra's Potential 2.0

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Bra's Potential 2.0

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu May 03, 2018 10:28 am

*Warning: This is about Z/Super Bra, no GT.*

Now we don't know much of Bra other than the fact that she's the second child of Vegeta and Bulma. But one thing that we do know about her is the fact that she is not a fighter. But what kind of potential could she possess if she was? Could she have the ability to go Super Saiyan as easily as Goten, Trunks, and Caulifla? Could she be a smart fighter maybe as smart as her mother? Could she possess more potential than Pan?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Bra's Potential 2.0

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 03, 2018 10:33 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:But one thing that we do know about her is the fact that she is not a fighter.
I don't know about that. Could you provide a source to that statement?
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Could she have the ability to go Super Saiyan as easily as Goten, Trunks, and Caulifla?
Yes. Earth's environment is calm and gentle, so Super Saiyan would come easily for her.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu May 03, 2018 10:49 am

Grimlock wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:But one thing that we do know about her is the fact that she is not a fighter.
I don't know about that. Could you provide a source to that statement?
Sure.

viewtopic.php?t=32226

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 03, 2018 10:54 am

Didn't find anything that proves that she might not be a fighter or that blatantly says she is not a fighter.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu May 03, 2018 10:58 am

Though she’s Bulma and Vegeta’s daughter, her eyes, hair color, and skin color are all just like her mother’s, and she hasn’t inherited any of her father’s distinguishing characteristics.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 03, 2018 11:00 am

That whole sentence is talking about physical characteristics.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ulisa
Beyond Newbie

Post by ulisa » Thu May 03, 2018 11:13 am

Grimlock wrote:Didn't find anything that proves that she might not be a fighter or that blatantly says she is not a fighter.
I’m inclined to agree here. In Super, all we see of Bra is her as newborn so her personality is still being formed and developed. In EoZ, she’s watching the tournament and wearing a dress. That’s literally all we get. We know she looks exactly like her mother (which to be fair, I always thought was a lazy design for both her and Goten) but personality wise, she’s a bit of a blank slate.

Toriyama and Toei have never been particularly good at developing half-Saiyan personalities, in my opinion simply because they swing from “full-Saiyan-ready-to-fight” to “peace-loving-human-with-normal-life.” I’d love to see one that actually merged the two traits together.
We truly begin to live when we find something we're willing to die for

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Thu May 03, 2018 11:28 am

It's pure headcanon, but I like to imagine that half-Saiyan and half-Earthling is the perfect Saiyan:Earthling DNA ratio in terms of power/potential. That's not to say that that a half-Saiyan would automatically have more potential than quarter-Saiyan, though. Gohan's potential should far exceed Vegeta's potential, so I personally see Pan having more potential based on that. I do hope that Bra does get more time to develop in later material.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu May 03, 2018 11:35 am

Bra is considered not a fighter because of GT, let's be honest. And in GT not even Vegeta was treated like a fighter.

Her potential probably is at least the same as her brother's, the S-cells can be inherited if i'm not mistaken, she was conceived by a super saiyajin who also had god ki, unlike the rest of the cast. And surrounded by young fighters such as her brother, Goten, Pan, Marron and Uub she could probably be part of the new gen of Z-fighters. Female saiyajin from U-6 seem stronger than male saiyajin, so who knows how strong our girls can be

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri May 04, 2018 11:11 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:*Warning: This is about Z/Super Bra, no GT.*
It's the same character. Deal with it.
Toriyama agreed on it and designed slutty Bra for GT.

Brapan is considered "Ultimate female fusion" of DB according to DB Fusions video game, meaning she has some potential in her. She just never had a will nor reason to fight.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat May 05, 2018 1:07 am

now vegeta is more strong and the comments of toriyama on the S-Cells there is no excuse for bra or pan no haves great power and get the "super saiyan"
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:*Warning: This is about Z/Super Bra, no GT.*
It's the same character. Deal with it.
Toriyama agreed on it and designed slutty Bra for GT.

Brapan is considered "Ultimate female fusion" of DB according to DB Fusions video game, meaning she has some potential in her. She just never had a will nor reason to fight.
technically yes, like the goku of the movies should be the same as the series but what I think it refers to is the continuity "canon" when referring to what would be the epilogue and super

outside the games, I read out there that he has power but he does not have the interest in fighting

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 05, 2018 7:39 am

Tai Lung wrote:technically yes, like the goku of the movies should be the same as the series but what I think it refers to is the continuity "canon" when referring to what would be the epilogue and super
Movies characters are supposed to be the same as the series characters, but they aren't in the sense that the characters from the series didn't experience the events of the movies. Other example would be that only Movie 4 Goku (or Goku from the movies in general if you don't think that each movie takes place in different dimension in relation to the other movies), knows about False Super Saiyan, none other Goku knows it. That's the major difference.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat May 05, 2018 8:18 am

I'm not going to say much here due to obvious reasons (bias; read my signature), but:
Koitsukai wrote:And in GT not even Vegeta was treated like a fighter.
This is an amazing quote, and it's not wrong. It sheds some light on one of the reasons I never consider GT when discussing Dragon Ball (outside of directly GT-related topics), too. Why should I care about GT's Bulla characterisation, or anything else they did for that matter, after looking at what they did with Vegeta, who's almost certainly the second biggest character in the franchise?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun May 06, 2018 2:35 pm

Toriyama said Bura is pretty strong even though she hasn’t fought anyone yet. I’m sure she inherited tons of S-Cells, more than Trunks and Goten, because Vegeta was so strong having achieved Super Saiyan God and even surpassed it to Blue. Bura will be a very powerful warrior. I wouldn’t be surprised if she unlocked Super Saiyan 2 before Trunks and Goten.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Fri May 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Who are you to say that Bra doesn't have any fighting potential? Kid Gohan clearly in the beginning of Z was a total wuss in fighting, but when his dad's life was at stake, he smashed Raditz's armor like it was nothing with a simple headbutt move. That showed us that Kid Gohan right there was stronger than Goku and Piccolo combined.

Also, half-breeds are known to have more potential than their pure-bred counter-parts. Does that mean that Trunks and Goten have no potential, since we don't see them any stronger than they were in Buu saga? No, it just depends on the person. Trunks and Goten clearly are shown to have potential (being the first Super Saiyans as kids) but that depends only IF they keep up training. Look at what happened to Gohan during the beginning of DBS. He literally stopped training and wasn't even able to transform into a Super Saiyan. This just shows us that if any person stops training (regardless of saiyan origin), their fighting prowess will ultimately decrease, but their potential will stay the same. We can see that with Krillian and Roshi. they both went beyond their human limits through training in DBS.

Do I think Bra has any potential? Probably. if she trains like Vegeta. It would go for the same as with Pan (Gohan and Videl's kid). Though I'm not sure how strong Pan would become since she would have less S-cell's than Bra since Gohan is a half-breed. Overall, it depends on the writer and the characters desire to train.
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Fri May 11, 2018 5:16 pm

Sonofman wrote:Who are you to say that Bra doesn't have any fighting potential? Kid Gohan clearly in the beginning of Z was a total wuss in fighting, but when his dad's life was at stake, he smashed Raditz's armor like it was nothing with a simple headbutt move. That showed us that Kid Gohan right there was stronger than Goku and Piccolo combined.

Also, half-breeds are known to have more potential than their pure-bred counter-parts. Does that mean that Trunks and Goten have no potential, since we don't see them any stronger than they were in Buu saga? No, it just depends on the person. Trunks and Goten clearly are shown to have potential (being the first Super Saiyans as kids) but that depends only IF they keep up training. Look at what happened to Gohan during the beginning of DBS. He literally stopped training and wasn't even able to transform into a Super Saiyan. This just shows us that if any person stops training (regardless of saiyan origin), their fighting prowess will ultimately decrease, but their potential will stay the same. We can see that with Krillian and Roshi. they both went beyond their human limits through training in DBS.

Do I think Bra has any potential? Probably. if she trains like Vegeta. It would go for the same as with Pan (Gohan and Videl's kid). Though I'm not sure how strong Pan would become since she would have less S-cell's than Bra since Gohan is a half-breed. Overall, it depends on the writer and the characters desire to train.
Bura will have more S-Cells than Pan because Vegeta is super strong, wayy stronger than Gohan that Bura inherented more than probably Trunks and Goten combined.