Just how strong was Goku at the end of GT?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Just how strong was Goku at the end of GT?

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:51 pm

I know that there's no way to tell, but how strong do you think Goku was after the 100 year time skip in GT? It's fun to speculate about just how strong he could have gotten.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: Just how strong was Goku at the end of GT?

Post by ToshioWrites » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:01 am

as strong as jiren

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:14 am

Only the most wild of headcanon could determine the power of Goku at the end of GT.

And that is exactly what I will do:

Let's assume that he averaged a 10% gain in power per year over the course of the 100 years. If this were the case he would have gotten 13,780x stronger than he was in the Shadow Dragons Arc! Additionally, if we say that the averages are:

15%: then he's1,174,313x stronger
20%: then he's 82,817,974x stronger

So by my incredibly random estimations he could be anywhere from 13 thousand times stronger to being 82 million times stronger.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:25 am

There's no way to tell as we don't know what he went through in those 100 years, what kind of training he did if any and whether or not he was even able to get any stronger as the GT perfect files (or some other gt source) says that Ssj4 brings out the user's power to its limit so he may have been as strong as he could get when he fought against the dragons.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:29 am

Champa The Destroyer wrote:I know that there's no way to tell, but how strong do you think Goku was after the 100 year time skip in GT? It's fun to speculate about just how strong he could have gotten.
I imagine Goku would've pinpointed Yi Xing Long as the challenge he needed to overcome so he'd definitely train to be stronger than that, his ordinary SSJ4 being a few times greater than his Full Power SSJ4 form at the minimum. However since it is 100 years later along with the fact that maybe Beerus woke up during this period, and perhaps they had a colossal battle then Goku could very well be a lot closer to some degree of his DBS strength. At maximum, a hypothetical Full Power SSJ4 Goku after 100 years could be on par with Kaio-ken x20 SSJB Goku. I can't see Goku going beyond that by himself unless he studied under Whis.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:21 am

PFM18 wrote:Only the most wild of headcanon could determine the power of Goku at the end of GT.

Let's assume that he averaged a 10% gain in power per year over the course of the 100 years. If this were the case he would have gotten 13,780x stronger than he was in the Shadow Dragons Arc! Additionally, if we say that the averages are:

So by my incredibly random estimations he could be anywhere from 13 thousand times stronger to being 82 million times stronger.
:shock:

GT Goku is closer to Super than I thought. If he got a 20% gain each year then I would assume he would be stronger than DBS Goku in equal forms.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:04 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Only the most wild of headcanon could determine the power of Goku at the end of GT.

GT Goku is closer to Super than I thought. If he got a 20% gain each year then I would assume he would be stronger than DBS Goku in equal forms.
I mean even if he got a 10% increase each year he would be way stronger than DBS Goku in equal forms. For that matter, even with a 10% boost in power per year over the 100 years he should be able to easily crush Ultra Instinct Goku with his SSJ4 form easily.

That said, this is only for this iteration of Goku at the very end of GT where like I said I had to use headcanon and can't objectively say very much. Generally speaking, GT characters aren't even close to DBS characters.

And just for some fun with these numbers, let's say Goku averaged a 30% increase each year for the 100 years he would have gotten 247,933,511,096x stronger.(or 247 Billion)

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:57 pm

No way of possibly knowing, but my personal headcanon has always been that his base form surpassed the power Gogeta displayed against Yi Xing Long.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:05 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:

I mean even if he got a 10% increase each year he would be way stronger than DBS Goku in equal forms. For that matter, even with a 10% boost in power per year over the 100 years he should be able to easily crush Ultra Instinct Goku with his SSJ4 form easily.

That said, this is only for this iteration of Goku at the very end of GT where like I said I had to use headcanon and can't objectively say very much. Generally speaking, GT characters aren't even close to DBS characters.

And just for some fun with these numbers, let's say Goku averaged a 30% increase each year for the 100 years he would have gotten 247,933,511,096x stronger.(or 247 Billion)
I agree, I think even SS4 Gogeta would be at max RoF Golden Freeza, maybe a little higher.

And who's to say that at some points in the 100 years, Goku didn't double his power in a short time, or even more, like he did in the TOP? I didn't realize how insane End of GT Goku was until now. :crazy:
Analytic wrote:No way of possibly knowing, but my personal headcanon has always been that his base form surpassed the power Gogeta displayed against Yi Xing Long.
While I've never really thought about it until now, this has always been my headcanon.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:02 pm

Stronger than everything from Super combined, that's for sure.

EDIT: Sorry, i thought you meant Goku from Shadow Dragons arc lol.
Hard to tell then. I guess he would be simply unstoppable.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:14 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Stronger than everything from Super combined, that's for sure.

Stronger than everything in Super combined? Absolutely not.

He's MAYBE stronger than Daishinkan but that is still a question. But certainly not everything in Super combined. We have to keep in mind that the Daishinkan dwarfs Whis who dwarfs MUI Goku who dwarfs SSJ4 Goku from the Shadow Dragons Arc. There is quite literally no way to know for certain that GT Goku jumps that enormous gap even if it is 100 years.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:57 pm

His power is maximum.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:31 pm

There's no way to know. GT Goku is a Goku from a different timeline, so to compare him to Super is impossible. A 100 years passed which is a lot of time. Still, we have no idea. If you consider DBO, DBH, and XV, then SSB > SSJ4. Not counting Ultimate Mission X, SSJ4 didn't get any god ki. If Chronoa summoned Xeno Goku from the end of GT, then his Base was stronger than Kid Buu, which doesn't tell us anything since DBS Goku's Base is already past that.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:34 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:There's no way to know. GT Goku is a Goku from a different timeline, so to compare him to Super is impossible. A 100 years passed which is a lot of time. Still, we have no idea. If you consider DBO, DBH, and XV, then SSB > SSJ4. Not counting Ultimate Mission X, SSJ4 didn't get any god ki. If Chronoa summoned Xeno Goku from the end of GT, then his Base was stronger than Kid Buu, which doesn't tell us anything since DBS Goku's Base is already past that.
Yeah there is quite literally no way to know for certain but it is fun to speculate.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:45 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Stronger than everything from Super combined, that's for sure.

You have SS4 Goku before the 100 year time skip stronger than the Angels and even the Grand Priest? I mean, if I highball I have Goku AFTER the 100 year time skip (thread topic) higher or equal to the Grand Priest but imo there's no way Shadow Dragons Arc SS4 Goku beats Whis, let alone everyone in Super combined (especially since Zeno can just erase everything whenever he feels like it).

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:23 pm

Goku can't become stronger than everything in Super combined even if he had a thousand years to train. He said it himself that he cannot overcome Beerus just from training alone, and at some point he is going to hit a cap that ordinary training cannot push him over. He'd need to be trained by Daishinkan himself in order to become that strong.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:03 pm

theherodjl wrote:Goku can't become stronger than everything in Super combined even if he had a thousand years to train. He said it himself that he cannot overcome Beerus just from training alone, and at some point he is going to hit a cap that ordinary training cannot push him over. He'd need to be trained by Daishinkan himself in order to become that strong.
That's pretty fair. He said he could never reach that level by training alone to beat Beerus, but at the same time Super logic doesn't apply to GT(or any logic really) and when Goku said that he probably assumed training for a hundred, or hundreds of years wouldn't be an option since he would die of old age long before that.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:50 pm

Well...

Baby Saga base Goku was already stronger than Majin Buu in general and he got way stronger since then and he absorbed the dragon balls.

Goku knows how to train himself and I'm pretty sure he became a lot stronger since.

And are you guys forgetting you don't need to be 100× stronger than somebody to finger flick them?

Vegeta easily beat Dodoria and Zarbon and he wasn't even 35% stronger than either than them.

Daishinkai is way stronger than Whis but not by the margin you guys seem to be implying and who knows how ssj4 Goku in the shadow dragon saga would fair against everyone in DBS. If 17 went from weaker than imperfect Cell to fighting Ssb then why can't GT Goku do the same?

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:51 pm

Well...

Baby Saga base Goku was already stronger than Majin Buu in general and he got way stronger since then and he absorbed the dragon balls.

Goku knows how to train himself and I'm pretty sure he became a lot stronger since.

And are you guys forgetting you don't need to be 100× stronger than somebody to finger flick them?

Vegeta easily beat Dodoria and Zarbon and he wasn't even 35% stronger than either than them.

Daishinkai is way stronger than Whis but not by the margin you guys seem to be implying and who knows how ssj4 Goku in the shadow dragon saga would fair against everyone in DBS. If 17 went from weaker than imperfect Cell to fighting Ssb then why can't GT Goku do the same?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:42 pm

Just for fun, I recently calculated this. I used the same logic and gave him a 10% boost each year for those 100 years. However, there is more boosts we need to give before those 100 years. Thus, after the defeat of Kid Buu to the start of GT is 15 years. Out of these 15 years, 5 years were spent training with Uub at Kami's lookout.

The only reference point we have in GT to Z is General Rilldo, who Goku states is superior to Kid Buu. Kid Goku as a SSJ1 easily defeats Rilldo. Therefore, Goku's SSJ1 from GT has to be stronger than SSJ3 Goku from Z which is 400x base. Thus, (400/50) = 8x. Hence,

8x 1.10^(100) = 110,000x stronger from the defeat of Kid Buu to 100 years after GT

By my calculations, he is the strongest Base Goku. His Base is stronger than SSJ3 Goku from Super post-ToP but his base is weaker than SSG Goku. As a SSJ4, he's about 1.25x weaker than SSB Goku post-ToP. Note that I use a 500x multiplier for SSJ4 and not a 4000x like most people. I also believe for my own headcanon, that Goku at the end of GT, after he matures into an adult, becomes Goku: Xeno that is summoned by Chronoa. Given that Chronoa summoned the strongest version of Goku from Trunks' memories and this Goku has the strongest base, it makes sense.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707