How do you think Chronoa knows about Trunks time travel.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TobyS
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1645
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

How do you think Chronoa knows about Trunks time travel.

Post by TobyS » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Forgive this being in universe, but with her being in DBO/XV/Fighters (cameo)/Heroes
XV Manga
Heroes Manga
Heroes Anime

Her being Toriyama created and there being no declared canon I think it's fair to say she “exists”.

What I'm wondering about is how she knew about what Trunks did.

The scrolls glow if someone changes history, but you'd possibly have to be looking at them at the time to notice unless they change a lot at once and the whole timenest, or buildings in it glow more obviously. But I'm not sure diverging a timeline has the same effect. Do you think she has the ability to just vaguely “sense a disturbance in the force?” kinda deal?

How do you imagine it played out that she became aware of him?

In the heroes manga iirc she wanted an ally anyway, perhaps she looked for strong people , found the zfighters, read up on their history and saw trunks had a crime she could manipulate him for and so found him in that round about way?

Is there any material that goes into depth about that moment?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 776
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:09 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: How do you think Chronoa knows about Trunks time travel.

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:19 pm

TobyS wrote:Forgive this being in universe, but with her being in DBO/XV/Fighters (cameo)/Heroes
XV Manga
Heroes Manga
Heroes Anime

Her being Toriyama created and there being no declared canon I think it's fair to say she “exists”.

What I'm wondering about is how she knew about what Trunks did.

The scrolls glow if someone changes history, but you'd possibly have to be looking at them at the time to notice unless they change a lot at once and the whole timenest, or buildings in it glow more obviously. But I'm not sure diverging a timeline has the same effect. Do you think she has the ability to just vaguely “sense a disturbance in the force?” kinda deal?

How do you imagine it played out that she became aware of him?

In the heroes manga iirc she wanted an ally anyway, perhaps she looked for strong people , found the zfighters, read up on their history and saw trunks had a crime she could manipulate him for and so found him in that round about way?

Is there any material that goes into depth about that moment?
Chronoa is the Kaioshin of Time. It's her duty to have knowledge of every alteration in history. That is her only job. Even before Trunks changed history, there was another mortal from U12. She can probably at this time "sense" when a change occurs and doesn't require her to be looking at the scrolls to be glowing.

No, actually Mira and Towa were manipulating time and creating anomalies at around Age ~850, but she didn't know it was Mira and Towa. She knew about Trunks previously since he created 3 parallel timelines so she summoned a Future Trunks from a parallel timeline in which he exists after he had killed Imperfect Cell and scolded him about time travel. Then she found out that he's not responsible. Yet, Trunks felt guilty for his previous transgressions so decided to help. Chronoa took advantage of this and accepted Trunks' help. The timelines that Trunks created also she decided to keep because she realized that it was for good intentions.

Chronoa is even more relevant now because Whis mentioned her in SDBH when Goku and Vegeta were training on Beerus's planet. Different continuities are coming together and they can be explained. I did in my timeline theory.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

User avatar
Jackalope89
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: How do you think Chronoa knows about Trunks time travel.

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:44 pm

As was said; Chronoa's whole job is to keep an eye on the time stream. And when time travelers keep making alternate timelines, that gets noticed quickly.

Besides, kind of hoping she does end up coming to the main series at some point. She's an interesting and entertaining character (with an odd crush on Bardock and lethal cooking that can cripple even GoDs).

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: How do you think Chronoa knows about Trunks time travel.

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:47 pm

TobyS wrote:Her being Toriyama created and there being no declared canon I think it's fair to say she “exists”.
The concept of the Time Kaioshin originated from Dragon Ball Online, but she was only mentioned and there's never been a statement on who was responsible for who created her (or any of the overall story).

It wasn't until Xenoverse that she was elaborated on with a design and all that, but while Toriyama was consulted on the designs for the game, neither Chronoa or Demigra came from him. He only offered suggestions on the direction they should take and gave final approval (as he does for pretty much everything in the franchise).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5691
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Nagano
Contact:

Re: How do you think Chronoa knows about Trunks time travel.

Post by Cipher » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:16 am

The manga shows her just checking a scroll, so presumably just manual checking. Could account for why she doesn't catch it right away. Maybe other alterations also tipped her off.

Also, no: She is not looking for an ally right away. In fact, after finding out about Towa, Mira and Demigra's separate schemes, she even offers to send Trunks back.

User avatar
TobyS
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1645
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: How do you think Chronoa knows about Trunks time travel.

Post by TobyS » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:33 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
Chronoa is the Kaioshin of Time. It's her duty to have knowledge of every alteration in history. That is her only job. Even before Trunks changed history, there was another mortal from U12. She can probably at this time "sense" when a change occurs and doesn't require her to be looking at the scrolls to be glowing.

No, actually Mira and Towa were manipulating time and creating anomalies at around Age ~850, but she didn't know it was Mira and Towa. She knew about Trunks previously since he created 3 parallel timelines so she summoned a Future Trunks from a parallel timeline in which he exists after he had killed Imperfect Cell and scolded him about time travel. Then she found out that he's not responsible. Yet, Trunks felt guilty for his previous transgressions so decided to help. Chronoa took advantage of this and accepted Trunks' help. The timelines that Trunks created also she decided to keep because she realized that it was for good intentions.

Chronoa is even more relevant now because Whis mentioned her in SDBH when Goku and Vegeta were training on Beerus's planet. Different continuities are coming together and they can be explained. I did in my timeline theory.
Ah so she knew about Towas meddling but not who was doing it.

She knew about Trunks before, assumed it might be him again and summoned him, and then he ends up sticking around and helping? I like that, feels natural and simple and toriyama esque.

When did Whis mention her in the DBH anime? I rewatched and didn't see it... The time patrol is mentioned.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 776
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:09 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: How do you think Chronoa knows about Trunks time travel.

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:28 am

TobyS wrote: Ah so she knew about Towas meddling but not who was doing it.

She knew about Trunks before, assumed it might be him again and summoned him, and then he ends up sticking around and helping? I like that, feels natural and simple and toriyama esque.

When did Whis mention her in the DBH anime? I rewatched and didn't see it... The time patrol is mentioned.
You have to read the SDBH manga chapter Universe Mission 1. In the anime, they changed what Whis said to talk about the time patrol. In the manga, he hides behind a rock and realizes that Fu is not to be trusted. He heard rumors of people manipulating time and stated that the Kaioshin of Time probably has her hands full. Nonetheless, just him mentioning the time patrol validates that he is aware of it even though the time patrol is formed in the future.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

User avatar
Jackalope89
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1009
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: How do you think Chronoa knows about Trunks time travel.

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:27 pm

FYI, on reading the Super Dragon Ball Heroes Manga online, the only place I've found is on Facebook.

User avatar
TobyS
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1645
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: How do you think Chronoa knows about Trunks time travel.

Post by TobyS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:25 am

Jackalope89 wrote:FYI, on reading the Super Dragon Ball Heroes Manga online, the only place I've found is on Facebook.
Yeah same fucking hard to find which is unusual for official Dragonball products..

I like the manga slightly more than the anime. It assumes you've read the SDBH stuff before the prison planet.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Post Reply