DBS Broly Theory (possible spoilers)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

DBS Broly Theory (possible spoilers)

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:00 am

My brother and I have longed discussed what this new Broly might be. We believe that he might be a "Super Soldier" or genetically enhanced saiyan. My brother and I think he may have Frieza cells within him. To help speed up his power growth. I know...this sounds like Cell. Or if you want to jump to another similarity, Sephiroth. Broly might be like sephirtoh. A saiyan with unimaginable power coming out of nowhere seems a little out of place even for Toriyama. I don't think he is the legendary saiyan, but someone who was possibly created to pretend to be one. I imagine that under Frieza's rule, the saiyans began to despise him. However didn't have the power to fight him, so why not use all this new Frieza tech to enhanced or create a super duper saiyan. Lol. I know this is far fetched and most likely won't happen. But I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: DBS Broly Theory (possible spoilers)

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:54 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:My brother and I have longed discussed what this new Broly might be. We believe that he might be a "Super Soldier" or genetically enhanced saiyan. My brother and I think he may have Frieza cells within him. To help speed up his power growth. I know...this sounds like Cell. Or if you want to jump to another similarity, Sephiroth. Broly might be like sephirtoh. A saiyan with unimaginable power coming out of nowhere seems a little out of place even for Toriyama. I don't think he is the legendary saiyan, but someone who was possibly created to pretend to be one. I imagine that under Frieza's rule, the saiyans began to despise him. However didn't have the power to fight him, so why not use all this new Frieza tech to enhanced or create a super duper saiyan. Lol. I know this is far fetched and most likely won't happen. But I'd love to hear what you guys think.
Personally I doubt that but its an interesting theory.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:44 am

Broly is most likely mutated, or at least the result of genetic experiments. Or something :P

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:54 am

Berserker1921 wrote:Or if you want to jump to another similarity, Sephiroth. Broly might be like sephirtoh.
We already have so many Sephiroth-esque characters in the franchise of Dragon Ball. Cell and Baby have so much in common with him. Zamasu has so much in common with him. And the ultimate Sephiroth-esque character is Pokémon's Mewtwo from the first movie but sure, Sephiroth is my most favourite fictional character. If Broly ends up having similiarities to him as well, I would embrace it. A super soldier created to be exploited for the purposes of others only to find it out later, and then leaving to follow the own megalomaniacal path. An incredibly compressed version of Sephiroth's story but its not like he himself is supposed to be in the show so I don't need to say any more about it, because it would be a lot more detail that DB does not need. DB is DB and FF is FF. Despite the fact that we have SSJ4s in FFIX and a Kamehameha ...

Anyway, it seems like Broly is used more again. It would be a very fitting. So by the end of the movie he could leave and then do his own thing. And then one day maybe reappear as an antagonist again and maybe even be redeemed. But if the genetic thing is supposed to be true there could indeed be more of a parallel to Sephiroth: They wanted to create a genetically modified being with the cells of the Super Saiyajin/Super Saiyajin God (as they wanted to recreate a Cetra warrior in FFVII and thought Jenova was one because it was still in its mimicking state, misidentified as a Cetra by Dr. Gast Faremis until Iphalna told him Jenova was an alien that could mimick other lifeforms) but instead they created something with cells that are a lot more vicious (Jenova, the calamity from the sky) and lead to the ultimate transformation and more ferocious and powerful entity, that we know as "Legendary Super Saiyajin", for example using wrong cells like those of the evil Saiyajin that made the Super Saiyajin God necessary or I don't know what.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:32 am

I think its unlikely that Broly is a genetically manipulated Saiyan.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:41 am

I've already stated this on youtube channels, but the idea of genetic engineering doesn't make sense if the legendary Super Saiyan appears every 1000 years. How can one decide to do an experiment every 1000 years to genetically manipulate a Saiyan and magically be successful every 1000 years? Kale is already confirmed to be the "Legendary Saiyan" of Universe 6. Broly given the similarity, has to be the "Legendary Super Saiyan" of Universe 7.

It makes much more sense that this is a result of spontaneous mutation that is very rare and occurs every 1000 years in the Saiyan race. Noted, that even spontaneous mutations usually are not regular, it does not exclude the possibility that it can happen and that's part of the legend which makes it interesting. Nature as the cause, rather than artificial manipulation, makes more sense. In the human race, we also have spontaneous mutations that sometimes give people rare traits. For example, having a YY chromosome is a supermale which gives double the testosterone and hypertrophies all the muscles. Certain people also are savants in the population.

The incubators shown in the trailer are normal and were already shown in DB Minus. All saiyan babies are put into those incubators for at least 3 years. All these incubators are doing is giving the baby nutrients, oxygen, etc. It's advanced postnatal care. Instead of having to take care of the baby for the first 3 years with stuff like infant formula, etc, it's all done automatically. People think that upon seeing these incubators, that babies are being genetically manipulated but if that was the case, all Saiyan warriors are genetically engineered. The Saiyans are a race that just followed a different path of evolution. It was told they evolved from Oozarus and as they acquired intelligence, they became more humanoid in appearance but retained their tails.

The legendary Super Saiyan appeared 1000 years ago and according to the Chouzenshuu 4, exactly 238 Years Before Age. This is at the time when Saiyans still lived on Planet Sadala. The Saiyans migrate to Planet Plant in Age 550, which is a lot later. The only Saiyan we know that became a Super Saiyan on Sadala is Yamoshi. For Broly to be a cloned version of a legendary super saiyan, they would need the DNA from Yamoshi who likely destroyed himself. Paragus and Broly are from Planet Vegeta. Goku turns into a Super Saiyan for the first time on Namek in Age 762, which is exactly 1000 years later (238+762=1000). However, it's clear now that Goku isn't the legendary Super Saiyan, but Broly is. Just like in Movie 8, they were likely born on the same day but Broly was on another planet with Paragus when Planet Vegeta exploded. Freeza lent Paragus his technology to allow Broly to be controlled. In Universe 6, Kale was an orphan, who was found on the streets by Caulifla. We have no idea of Kale's parents. So it makes sense that she was abandoned as a baby if her parents were scared of her battle power.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:17 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:I've already stated this on youtube channels, but the idea of genetic engineering doesn't make sense if the legendary Super Saiyan appears every 1000 years. How can one decide to do an experiment every 1000 years to genetically manipulate a Saiyan and magically be successful every 1000 years? Kale is already confirmed to be the "Legendary Saiyan" of Universe 6. Broly given the similarity, has to be the "Legendary Super Saiyan" of Universe 7.

It makes much more sense that this is a result of spontaneous mutation that is very rare and occurs every 1000 years in the Saiyan race. Noted, that even spontaneous mutations usually are not regular, it does not exclude the possibility that it can happen and that's part of the legend which makes it interesting. Nature as the cause, rather than artificial manipulation, makes more sense. In the human race, we also have spontaneous mutations that sometimes give people rare traits. For example, having a YY chromosome is a supermale which gives double the testosterone and hypertrophies all the muscles. Certain people also are savants in the population.

The incubators shown in the trailer are normal and were already shown in DB Minus. All saiyan babies are put into those incubators for at least 3 years. All these incubators are doing is giving the baby nutrients, oxygen, etc. It's advanced postnatal care. Instead of having to take care of the baby for the first 3 years with stuff like infant formula, etc, it's all done automatically. People think that upon seeing these incubators, that babies are being genetically manipulated but if that was the case, all Saiyan warriors are genetically engineered. The Saiyans are a race that just followed a different path of evolution. It was told they evolved from Oozarus and as they acquired intelligence, they became more humanoid in appearance but retained their tails.

The legendary Super Saiyan appeared 1000 years ago and according to the Chouzenshuu 4, exactly 238 Years Before Age. This is at the time when Saiyans still lived on Planet Sadala. The Saiyans migrate to Planet Plant in Age 550, which is a lot later. The only Saiyan we know that became a Super Saiyan on Sadala is Yamoshi. For Broly to be a cloned version of a legendary super saiyan, they would need the DNA from Yamoshi who likely destroyed himself. Paragus and Broly are from Planet Vegeta. Goku turns into a Super Saiyan for the first time on Namek in Age 762, which is exactly 1000 years later (238+762=1000). However, it's clear now that Goku isn't the legendary Super Saiyan, but Broly is. Just like in Movie 8, they were likely born on the same day but Broly was on another planet with Paragus when Planet Vegeta exploded. Freeza lent Paragus his technology to allow Broly to be controlled. In Universe 6, Kale was an orphan, who was found on the streets by Caulifla. We have no idea of Kale's parents. So it makes sense that she was abandoned as a baby if her parents were scared of her battle power.
True enough.