Would cell have beaten Gohan if he trained in the ten days?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Would cell have beaten Gohan if he trained in the ten days?

Post by Ssjcell » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:24 pm

If he trained before the cell games would cell have had enough strength to beat gohan? I say that he wouldn't have been strong enough initially even if he trained. Although once he came back as super perfect cell he would have had the edge. I guess we'll never know for sure...

MoscoSama
Temporarily Banned

Re: Would cell have beaten Gohan if he trained in the ten days?

Post by MoscoSama » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:01 pm

Going by Ressurection F logic, Cell would have stomped Gohan since he has Freeza's cells and training for close to 10% of the time freeza did should give Cell humongous gains

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:01 am

If that's the case its a good thing he did not train.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:49 pm

I think that it would have a more even match between cell and Gohan. Cell wouldn't have had the need to explode, I say Gohan still wins. Super perfect cell if that happens would have a huge advantage.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Going by RoF's logic, Cell would have been almost as strong as Battle of Gods Goku if he trained for 10 days.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:05 pm

If he did some crazy method of training (very high gravity or maybe some sort of wacky out-in-space training since, just like Freeza, he doesn't need air to survive) he probably would get noticeably stronger in the ten days, but not enough to overpower SSj2 Gohan. The gap between them was insanely huge, so much so that even Super Perfect Cell wasn't enough to overpower SSj2 Gohan once he got his mind back in the right place to focus his full power. And that was Gohan with an injured arm... Gohan at full health probably would've handled Super Perfect Cell almost as easily as regular Perfect Cell.

Why wouldn't he get super strong like Freeza did? Well, I don't think Freeza's four months were four months of steady linear growth at a ludicrous rate so that he'd be multiplying his power many times over every day that he trained -- there was probably a steady increase at first thanks to him never training before, then progress would slow waaaay down, and only later pick up speed and start sending him toward the god-level range of power. Freeza wouldn't have gotten dramatically stronger in just ten days, either. The biggest increase would be the Golden form itself, and on top of that there'd be power increases to his normal form thanks to the process of learning how to create a new powered-up form for himself (mirroring how the Saiyans got so used to Super Saiyan that they could use it like their natural state, which also unlocked the possibility of further transforming into SSj2 and SSj3. Maybe Freeza's regular form in RoF was actually his 100%, but perfected so that it didn't cause the bulking-out and stamina drain that it used to, and since Golden Freeza didn't bulk him up or cause veins to bulge out he assumed it didn't have that disadvantage until he found out the hard way?)

So Cell's growth would be similar unless he took advantage of his Saiyan blood; ten days wouldn't lead to a big increase unless he managed to do some extreme training that brought on near-death boosts, like what Goku did on the way to Namek by wearing himself down almost to the edge and then eating a senzu bean to start the process all over again. Unfortunately for Cell, the point of "near-death" is a lot harder to reach when you're capable of growing back from a single cell!