How strong is current 18 compared to current 17?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

How strong is current 18 compared to current 17?

Post by Ssjcell » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:31 pm

How strong is she compared to current 17?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How strong is current 18 compared to current 17?

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:52 pm

Android 17 is far stronger. Android 18 didn't train after the Cell Saga, so her power should be exactly the same. Android 17 has shown many feats. In the anime, he was fighting with SSB Goku and in the manga, he was fighting with post-Zamasu SSJ3 Goku. Regardless of which continuity you follow, he is beyond Kid Buu level.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:59 pm

17 is extremely powerful as things stand right now. He's clearly the superior of the two. He dwarfs anything from Z obviously.

18's power is harder to pinpoint. She lifted Tupper who Base Goku was having trouble with and she beat Ribrianne but Ribrianne's power clearly fluctuated in both versions of DBS. Her pwoer fluctuated depending on her feelings of love/beauty or in other words, her emotions heavily affected her power at any given time. So she isn't a very good barometer in terms of power. And Tupper caught Goku off guard and she didn't have that problem so it is hard to gauge her off of that either. Clearly she is weaker than 17 but it isn't entirely clear where she stands.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:21 pm

I like to think she's as strong as Imperfect Cell.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:24 pm

I mean she's at least as strong as a cell junior in the Buu saga cuz she was fighting goten and trunks evenly.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:19 pm

But she don't really fought with them in their Super Saiyan forms.
Last edited by SSJgogeto on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:41 pm

PFM18 wrote:17 is extremely powerful as things stand right now. He's clearly the superior of the two. He dwarfs anything from Z obviously.

18's power is harder to pinpoint. She lifted Tupper who Base Goku was having trouble with and she beat Ribrianne but Ribrianne's power clearly fluctuated in both versions of DBS. Her pwoer fluctuated depending on her feelings of love/beauty or in other words, her emotions heavily affected her power at any given time. So she isn't a very good barometer in terms of power. And Tupper caught Goku off guard and she didn't have that problem so it is hard to gauge her off of that either. Clearly she is weaker than 17 but it isn't entirely clear where she stands.
Only in the manga.

To answer the question, 17 is clearly stronger than her but I highly doubt 18 is still as strong as she was in the Cell saga. People can say whatever they want about Ribrianne but she wasn't a weakling. She fought with SSJ Vegeta and base Goku, she got praised by Grand Priest and Liquir, and Jiren was bothered by her enough to try to attack her (only ones that managed to do that before Goku first went UI was Maji Kayo and Kale). 18 easily beat Ribrianne's strongest form. Even if we ignore Ribrianne entirely, she lifted up Tupper like he was nothing, and was struggling just as much with the pretty black hole as 17 and base Goku were. She was also comparable to 17 when they fought against Viara.

In the manga she's still as strong as she was in the Cell saga but in the anime she isn't. I'm not entirely sure how strong she is in the anime but she's definitely stronger than she was in the Cell saga.
shadowfox87 wrote:Android 17 is far stronger. Android 18 didn't train after the Cell Saga, so her power should be exactly the same. Android 17 has shown many feats. In the anime, he was fighting with SSB Goku and in the manga, he was fighting with post-Zamasu SSJ3 Goku. Regardless of which continuity you follow, he is beyond Kid Buu level.
18 trained before the tournament with Krillin. 17 fighting with SSB Goku doesn't really mean much btw as Krillin was fighting SSB Goku too, and 18 thought that with Krillin on her side they can take on SSB Goku.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:47 pm

Ssjcell wrote:I mean she's at least as strong as a cell junior in the Buu saga cuz she was fighting goten and trunks evenly.
Goten and Trunks aren't cell jr. level.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:12 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Ssjcell wrote:I mean she's at least as strong as a cell junior in the Buu saga cuz she was fighting goten and trunks evenly.
Goten and Trunks aren't cell jr. level.
I've argued this before if you don't want to go by feats then the guides have stated goten is basically equal to Gohan who is far above cell juniors , I can't believe this is even in question, do you think 2 cell juniors fused together can take super Buu? I don't Gotenks can...

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:05 am

Ssjcell wrote: I've argued this before if you don't want to go by feats then the guides have stated goten is basically equal to Gohan who is far above cell juniors
Goten is not equal to Gohan. And Goten has no feats putting him on Cell jr. level.
I can't believe this is even in question, do you think 2 cell juniors fused together can take super Buu? I don't Gotenks can...
I don't see why they can't be.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:38 am

Goten sparring basically evenly with Gohan isn't a feat that puts him above Cell Junior level? Would a Cell Junior have any chance of landing a hit on and taking a reflex punch from SS Vegeta without getting its head taken off?

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:17 am

Far, far weaker given how 17 is portrayed to be SSJB tier while 18 is between Base and SSJ Goku. The gap is even more astronomical in the manga, with 17 being current SSJ3 Tier to 18 being apparently as strong as her Z self.
dragon boss z wrote:Goten and Trunks aren't cell jr. level.
True. They're even stronger than the Cell Jrs.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:22 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:Goten and Trunks aren't cell jr. level.
True. They're even stronger than the Cell Jrs.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
How does being played with by Cell Jrs prove they are stronger? Might as well say the humans are stronger than them because of their performance in the anime. That scan clear shows the Cell jrs having fun and Goten and Trunks scared on the defensive and those Cell jrs don't kill people they are they to stop poachers not murder kids.
Analytic wrote:Goten sparring basically evenly with Gohan isn't a feat that puts him above Cell Junior level? Would a Cell Junior have any chance of landing a hit on and taking a reflex punch from SS Vegeta without getting its head taken off?
1. Vegeta would never punch with force capable to kill his kid.
2. Buu saga Vegeta might not have even been as strong as Cell games Goku before the Majin boost, and he is confirmed weaker than ssj2 kid Gohan, so there is really no evidence he could one shot a Cell jr.

Sparring with friendlies can't be used to gauge power. If you go by the super anime it's made pretty clear considering everyone is able to spar with God essence Goku.

On topic I don't think 18 is really any stronge than before. In the anime she may be perfect Cell level but I really wouldn't put her beyond that as she seems to be considered weaker than good Buu throughout the series.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:46 am

dragon boss z wrote: How does being played with by Cell Jrs prove they are stronger? Might as well say the humans are stronger than them because of their performance in the anime. That scan clear shows the Cell jrs having fun and Goten and Trunks scared on the defensive and those Cell jrs don't kill people they are they to stop poachers not murder kids.
Goten and Trunks were strongly outnumbered, of course they would have trouble. Each one of them was fighting 3-4 Cell Jrs at once.

The anime, unlike the manga, has Toei to drag action sequences as much as possible. Comparing this fight with the Cell Jrs fight from the anime isn't a valid comparison at all.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:37 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: The anime, unlike the manga, has Toei to drag action sequences as much as possible. Comparing this fight with the Cell Jrs fight from the anime isn't a valid comparison at all.
But it holding of Cell jrs trained not to kill people and who are clearly having fun isn't a good indication of anything either. I don't even think we have the full translated chapter to get full context here.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:57 am

dragon boss z wrote:1. Vegeta would never punch with force capable to kill his kid.
The point is Trunks was strong enough to not get killed. If you're trying to suggest Vegeta held back, then you'd have to prove it. Reflex/reactive punches aren't usually held back (since, y'know, they're unintentional).
dragon boss z wrote:2. Buu saga Vegeta might not have even been as strong as Cell games Goku before the Majin boost, and he is confirmed weaker than ssj2 kid Gohan, so there is really no evidence he could one shot a Cell jr.
He was confident in going up against Goku at the 25th TB even if both were restricted to base, and he expected Goku to be stronger than he was at the Cell Games since he's been training rigorously for seven years. He's well above CG Goku.
dragon boss z wrote:Sparring with friendlies can't be used to gauge power.
Why not? If there was a gap between Gohan and Goten then their sparring session would look more like this or this. (notice the stronger fighter is totally relaxed and not showing any strenuous effort like Gohan did against Goten)

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Anime wise, A17 is undeniably High SSB tier. While A18 as of now is about as strong as ToP SSJ1 characters. This is due to her victory against Ribrianne (who in her non-giant state was shown to be equal to a full powered base Goku)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:04 pm

ricky84 wrote:Anime wise, A17 is undeniably High SSB tier. While A18 as of now is about as strong as ToP SSJ1 characters. This is due to her victory against Ribrianne (who in her non-giant state was shown to be equal to a full powered base Goku)
What do you mean "High SSB tier"? What exactly does that mean?

Also Ribrianne's power fluctuated constantly according to her emotions of her beauty/love.(This was illustrated better in the manga than the anime) but she shouldn't be used as a gauge because of her fluctuations.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:01 pm

PFM18 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:Anime wise, A17 is undeniably High SSB tier. While A18 as of now is about as strong as ToP SSJ1 characters. This is due to her victory against Ribrianne (who in her non-giant state was shown to be equal to a full powered base Goku)

Also Ribrianne's power fluctuated constantly according to her emotions of her beauty/love.(This was illustrated better in the manga than the anime) but she shouldn't be used as a gauge because of her fluctuations.
Again, this was only ever said (and shown) in the manga. In the anime it was never stated that her power fluctuated constantly according to her emotions of her beauty/love.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:18 pm

DestructoDisc wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

Again, this was only ever said (and shown) in the manga. In the anime it was never stated that her power fluctuated constantly according to her emotions of her beauty/love.
It was obvious that was the case, it just wasn't explicitly stated in the anime. Otherwise, having her lose confidence in her love or change her emotions would have no purpose whatsoever.