If Kuririn had used solar flare and kienzan combo to cut frieza in half

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

If Kuririn had used solar flare and kienzan combo to cut frieza in half

Post by Ssjcell » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:21 pm

So what would have happened from there, would frieza still be able to beat everyone? I think it's obvious he would have still been able to overpower everyone...

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: If Kuririn had used solar flare and kienzan combo to cut frieza in half

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:29 pm

eh depends. He was downed instantly when getting cut in half, but was fine once Goku gave him some energy. So I would say it depends if a fresh Frieza cut in half would still have the energy to move. If he was able to get up from the attack like how after Goku gave him energy, he would still probably beat everyone in a desperate attack, but if he gets downed and can't get back up, he obviously dies.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:29 pm

Very interesting point regarding Freeza's motor skills after having been bisected. Yeah, initially he seemed incapable of moving his body at all. Once Goku provides him with some ki, though, his ability to move and emit power seems to have returned. The only explanation I can give for this is that the ki bolstered his restorative ability when the genki component began flooding throughout his system. Maybe his spinal cord was damaged somewhere and he was still reeling from the trauma prior to Goku's mercy act. Given what we know of Freeza's insane vitality and endurance, that ki might have allowed for some closing of the wound to take place; at least enough to have the bleeding get reduced to trickles instead of a stream. Much of his spine should have been removed, but given his alien physiology, perhaps that remaining bit was all that was necessary after having the opening mended to a degree from the genki energy.

If Freeza had been severely mutilated by Krillin's Kienzan barrage, he would have been reduced to such a grotesquely disfigured state that his condition after having his own attack backfire on him like in the manga would look tame by comparison. Looking over the panel of Krillin's Kienzans as they're traveling to Freeza, you can see how he would have been reduced to diagonal clumps of flesh and bone. Would he even have the cognitive ability to send electrical commands to his body? I'm skeptical about that. I think even Krillin would have been able to destroy the remnants of Freeza's body after that point had his Kienzan hit.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:11 am

I think he prevented his internal organs from spilling out by creating a ki barrier.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:34 am

I think if Krillin had cut him horizontally (like Freeza accidentally did to himself) then he'd probably still be a serious threat afterward and most likely would've killed everyone except Goku, who'd probably be able to beat that disabled Freeza with the Kaio-ken and would definitely crush him if he went Super Saiyan. But if he managed to angle the Kienzan so that it cut him in half vertically like Trunks did with his sword... chances are good that it would be the end of the fight and they'd be able to destroy Freeza for good right there.

He'd survive the initial cutting injury thanks to his weird survive-anything properties (see: being wished back in pieces in Super, and one chunk of Freeza head with an eyeball still being "alive enough" to open its eye and stare), but he'd be useless as a fighter with his brain split in half and his limbs separated. At that point, it'd be easy to chop him up further with more Kienzans and then blow up whatever's left.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:31 pm

Lionel wrote:Very interesting point regarding Freeza's motor skills after having been bisected. Yeah, initially he seemed incapable of moving his body at all. Once Goku provides him with some ki, though, his ability to move and emit power seems to have returned. The only explanation I can give for this is that the ki bolstered his restorative ability when the genki component began flooding throughout his system. Maybe his spinal cord was damaged somewhere and he was still reeling from the trauma prior to Goku's mercy act. Given what we know of Freeza's insane vitality and endurance, that ki might have allowed for some closing of the wound to take place; at least enough to have the bleeding get reduced to trickles instead of a stream. Much of his spine should have been removed, but given his alien physiology, perhaps that remaining bit was all that was necessary after having the opening mended to a degree from the genki energy.

If Freeza had been severely mutilated by Krillin's Kienzan barrage, he would have been reduced to such a grotesquely disfigured state that his condition after having his own attack backfire on him like in the manga would look tame by comparison. Looking over the panel of Krillin's Kienzans as they're traveling to Freeza, you can see how he would have been reduced to diagonal clumps of flesh and bone. Would he even have the cognitive ability to send electrical commands to his body? I'm skeptical about that. I think even Krillin would have been able to destroy the remnants of Freeza's body after that point had his Kienzan hit.
Freeza's chopped up bits and pieces try to pull themselves back together when he's revived in F. This is post-getting a dear John letter to his everything courtesy of Trunks.

So yeah, if Krillin cut him to pieces, he'd still be alive but probably not for long and certainly not a threat. Shame this means Piccolo's gonna murder Vegeta in this scenario since he had every desire to do so once Freeza was done with.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kurakaio

Post by Kurakaio » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:20 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lionel wrote:Very interesting point regarding Freeza's motor skills after having been bisected. Yeah, initially he seemed incapable of moving his body at all. Once Goku provides him with some ki, though, his ability to move and emit power seems to have returned. The only explanation I can give for this is that the ki bolstered his restorative ability when the genki component began flooding throughout his system. Maybe his spinal cord was damaged somewhere and he was still reeling from the trauma prior to Goku's mercy act. Given what we know of Freeza's insane vitality and endurance, that ki might have allowed for some closing of the wound to take place; at least enough to have the bleeding get reduced to trickles instead of a stream. Much of his spine should have been removed, but given his alien physiology, perhaps that remaining bit was all that was necessary after having the opening mended to a degree from the genki energy.

Freeza's chopped up bits and pieces try to pull themselves back together when he's revived in F. This is post-getting a dear John letter to his everything courtesy of Trunks.

So yeah, if Krillin cut him to pieces, he'd still be alive but probably not for long and certainly not a threat. Shame this means Piccolo's gonna murder Vegeta in this scenario since he had every desire to do so once Freeza was done with.
Nah, I think Gohan and Krillin would vouch for Vegeta, even if begrudgingly. As long as Vegeta didn't try anything. Then again if Freeza doesn't humble Vegeta's ass, then it may be necessary.