Humans...do they ever reach the level of Super Saiya-jin?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:38 pm

TGDweezl wrote:If I'm not mistaken in the Buu Saga when Popo went to go get Goten and Trunks to start the fusion training he found them in some dining room eating. Trunks and Goten panicked and attacked Popo....I maybe wrong on it but I think I saw that in the series.

Yeah, I know fillers suck but what can ya do? I'm just trying to make a point that's all.
Yeah. I know there was atleast one point where they started attacking Popo and he didn't even seem to feel their blows.

Epsilon Grey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Epsilon Grey » Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:41 pm

Well, the Z universe isn't one for power consistency. I wouldn't try to think about it too hard. Popo is just a magical servant of whoever the Kami happens to be. I'm sure over time he picked up on a few tricks.

Although, it seems like he could have taken Radditz by himself at the beginning of Z, judging by the fact that he could fend off Goten and Trunks.

Hah, that would have been a sight. Radditz is demolishing Goku and Piccolo, then Popo comes down and says, "Step off, byatch!" He then chalks his hand and pimp-slap Radditz into the ground. Everyone proceeds to laugh and speak in hip urban slang, then go off to the store to buy themselves large golden monikers.

(if anyone is offended by my stereotyping of Popo, I'm sorry, but it's just a joke. If Dave Chappelle can do it, then so can I! :-P)

--EG

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:03 pm

How dare you use racial stereotypes when talking about the non at all offensive Mr Popo. He brings the races together. Like Jynx.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Epsilon Grey
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Epsilon Grey » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:30 pm

Jynx?

And I bring the races together. In fear. Mwah hah hah.

--EG

Beelz

Post by Beelz » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:56 pm

Chappelle also has a white writing staff...soooo...please excuse me if any of these posts are a little in consistant or incohereant. I doubt that it is really appropriate to even mention this on the board but apparently my inhabitons have gone out the window so to speak. :wink:. I was dumped today by my long standing girlfriend...a mere two days before my rent (that I do not have due to losing my job two weeks ago.) is due. Even though I have berely started adding my useless two cents to this magnificant board. I wish to thank you all for providing me with hours of entertaining banter abouty a subject I LOVE so much. Its hard to find peopple of your knowlage of the show to actually have stimulating conversations about it. I hope that I too have been of some entertainment. God i'll regret typing this I bet in two minutes.
What can be seductive about the eternal nothing is that the finest day is indifferently this one or any other like it.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:56 pm

You know that reminds me of one dub voice I really hated in DBZ, and that was the voice of that "mushroom-head" announcer in the afterlife Tenka-ichi Budokai. He sounded like a "badly done impression of Chris Rock", I wanted to throttle him after two episodes.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:12 pm

My god, we have to hook Mr. Popo up with Jynx. They'd be the perfect couple!

Popo: Alright honey, I have to go to work and do everything Kami wants me to do.
Jynx: Jynx.
Popo: Shut up, woman! I don't even wanna hear what you think of him!
Jynx: Jynx...
Popo: Is that what you want? How about I knock you to the moon?!
Jynx: Jynx!

o_0

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:41 pm

And then we set up Kami and Brock!

No, wait, that's not right...
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

TGDweezl
Beyond Newbie

Post by TGDweezl » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:43 am

O.o I think Brock wouldn't like that, he'd be all over Bulma and #18. As for Popo and Jynx, I'm all about that. They'd make a cute couple. Raditz getting pimp-slapped by Popo would've be quite a sight to see, I like Mr.Popo but I'd still like to know what exactly he is and how strong his is....is he supposed to be like the enigma, shrouded in mystery and wrapped in a puzzle kind of character or what? And if he's a Genie of sorts then why don't he give up them 3 wishes damnit! I want answers!

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:35 am

Popo fighting in DBZ is anime-only. And the anime didn't care about continuity or making sense. In Db, he stated that Kamisama was much stronger than him. But he was much stronger than a Goku who had (easily, in the manga) defeated Piccolo Daimao.

EDIT: Ok, Goku didn't defeat Daimao easily, but that was just because he got a lucky shot.