I really missed the Scouter readings in "Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!" & "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: I really missed the Scouter readings in "Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!" & "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by KBABZ » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:41 pm

Ssjcell wrote:The announcer said that the tourneys aren't the same that they used to be there for you he didnt face guys like Nom panput and other people like that the highest level he probably had to face was spopovich
I don't quite understand your sentence. Could you rephrase that?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: I really missed the Scouter readings in "Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!" & "Resurrection 'F'"

Post by TheMikado » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:57 pm

First and foremost I like power levels and anything nostalgia related callbacks for the sake of acknowledging previous aspects of the story.

Now for consistency sake the very first thing Tarble and the Frieza gang should have done is some power level readings.

In Tarblea case that should have definitely resulted in some humor. Such as Goku and Vegeta suppressing to a 1 with Tarble present and then Chichi and Bulma get mad and it shows their power levels as higher to then their husbands to Tarbles surprise and concern.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:05 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Ssjcell wrote:The announcer said that the tourneys aren't the same that they used to be there for you he didnt face guys like Nom panput and other people like that the highest level he probably had to face was spopovich
In the Buu saga at the world martial arts tournament the announcer thought to himself the tournaments arent the same that they used to be. One can imply that he was saying Mr satan wasn't facing top competition like nam giren or panput. The best he faced was alil better than pre majin spopovich tops. Babidi just picked a kinda strong ish fighter from a previous tournament . Which makes you think about how strong Majin Hercule would be. Also how strong spopovoch actually was because he was there to steal energy from someone who is pretty damn strong.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:40 pm

Ssjcell wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
In the Buu saga at the world martial arts tournament the announcer thought to himself the tournaments arent the same that they used to be. One can imply that he was saying Mr satan wasn't facing top competition like nam giren or panput. The best he faced was alil better than pre majin spopovich tops.
I always took that to mean that the Tournament hasn't been the same in terms of the caliber of fighters. When Goku, Krillin and Roshi showed up at the 21st TB, they were clearly a cut high above the rest, among a field that already had some extraordinary fighters like Panput and King Chappa. That isn't to say that the old A-class weren't that already, but when your previous tournament's finals was 100% composed of these S-Class guys, it's hard to not feel disappointed that you're back to the A-Class.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:14 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Ssjcell wrote:
KBABZ wrote: I don't quite understand your sentence. Could you rephrase that?
In the Buu saga at the world martial arts tournament the announcer thought to himself the tournaments arent the same that they used to be. One can imply that he was saying Mr satan wasn't facing top competition like nam giren or panput. The best he faced was alil better than pre majin spopovich tops.
I always took that to mean that the Tournament hasn't been the same in terms of the caliber of fighters. When Goku, Krillin and Roshi showed up at the 21st TB, they were clearly a cut high above the rest, among a field that already had some extraordinary fighters like Panput and King Chappa. That isn't to say that the old A-class weren't that already, but when your previous tournament's finals was 100% composed of these S-Class guys, it's hard to not feel disappointed that you're back to the A-Class.
I suppose you could be right , but I think it's clear cut the tournaments aren't the same as they used to be. I don't think Mr satan had too much competition . If chappa competed he would beat mr satan I mean in the previous tournament it's stated jewel took second place and he ran straight into a simple kick and got eliminated.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:09 am

Not necroposting, was blocked since September 15th... I am glad they gave us some readings on the Dragon Ball Super: Broly movie, even though it makes you wonder about the strength of adult Saiyans like King Vegeta, Paragus and Bardock in this revised and canonized version of the events leading up to the destruction of Planet Vegeta.

In case you have missed it, or haven't watched the movie (watched it on it's Japanese premiere date):
Saiyan Sniper (probably one of King Vegeta's top soldiers): 2,000 (Frieza notes it's an "astonishing reading")
Broly (as a baby): 10,000 [according to his supplamentary card]
Broly on Vampa (after regaining conscious after transforming back to base from Great Ape): 920
Beats: Less than 920 (he's not a combatant)
Cheelai and Lemo: both under 1000 (they were searching for fighters at that power level and beyond to recruit, referring to that level as "strong")
Paragus (old, wounded and excited/shocked that the Frieza Force had found him): 4,200

Too bad they didn't gave the Vampa mites and Ba's race creatures some decent power level readings (1400 for the mites and around 5000 for Bah's race is fine by me) to know why was this planet considered by King Vegeta a "dangerous frontier planet".