Vegeta SSJ 4

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Vegeta SSJ 4

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Do You think that Vegeta in GT was acting out of character when he had bulma make the blutz wave generator to help him go SSJ 4? I don´t think so. After Vegeta´s dad moment before he self destructed against buu, he became more of a family man. Like when he got up on stage and made a fool of himself just to save the earth from beerus. I don´t think he would not do it to save the universe from Omega Shenron.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: Vegeta SSJ 4

Post by TheMikado » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:45 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:Do You think that Vegeta in GT was acting out of character when he had bulma make the blutz wave generator to help him go SSJ 4? I don´t think so. After Vegeta´s dad moment before he self destructed against buu, he became more of a family man. Like when he got up on stage and made a fool of himself just to save the earth from beerus. I don´t think he would not do it to save the universe from Omega Shenron.
There's nothing out of character about this. It's actually one of the very first actions we see Vegeta do to gain an edge when he's down against Goku. Its quite literally the equivalent of him invoking his Oozaru form against Goku when he couldn't beat him in a straight match, it even has the same effect of invoking his Oozaru form and a great call back in my opinion.

What is different is Vegeta's attitude towards Goku when he emerges which is much more mature but not the buddy-buddy let's be BFFs and train together from now on or the making a fool out of himself garbage out of character scenes we have now. I'm still ticked about the pink apron and didn't find it amusing. Watching Vegeta go from totally embarrassing fool to unexplained greater than SSJ3 rage was one of the low lights in Vegeta's career for me. I'd rather watch him get beat 100 times by Super 17 than what we have now.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Vegeta's not an obnoxious twat about his powers in GT so no, I don't find it out of character at all. If anything, its one of many reason why I find GT Vegeta one of his best versions and easily the best one when he's a "hero".
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:46 pm

The only other way would've been for Vegeta to go have his tail pulled out then leave earth to get the waves so what he did was simply time saving as actually reaching the form (going golden Ozaru then regaining control) had nothing to do with the machine.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:16 pm

sintzu wrote:The only other way would've been for Vegeta to go have his tail pulled out then leave earth to get the waves so what he did was simply time saving as actually reaching the form (going golden Ozaru then regaining control) had nothing to do with the machine.
I´m not sure what you mean by having his tail pulled out. Can you explain?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:41 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:I´m not sure what you mean by having his tail pulled out. Can you explain?
Goku had to have his pulled out by the old Kai in order to naturally absorb the waves so if Vegeta were to do things the natural way by taking in the waves through the planet he would've had to have his tail pulled out as well.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:32 am

I agree that its not out of character for Vegeta to do what he did to gain SSJ4.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:12 am

TheMikado wrote:Its quite literally the equivalent of him invoking his Oozaru form against Goku when he couldn't beat him in a straight match.
Goku's body was nearly destroyed after the beam clash (a simple slap from Yajirobe even hurt) so had Vegeta known that he wouldn't have turned into an Ozaru.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:33 am

Vegeta in GT did nothing that his DBZ/DBS counterparts wouldn't do.
People just are biased and bash GT for fake problems or problems other series have as well.

It was desperate situation to save entire universe. It's no different from Vegeta using hyperbolic time chambers or accepting fusions to beat Cell/Buu. Not to mention that he let Babidi make him stronger only for his selfish desires.
People also bash him for coming with fusion idea but in DBS manga Vegeta was the one that gave Goku earrings after he heard that potara fusion isn't actually permanent.
Fans are just blind and behave like Vegeta had more pride in DBZ/DBS. He was always cheating at some degree. And it doesn't make him any worse. Vegeta accepting help is part of his positive character development.

Also, Blutz waves generator isn't really much different from fake moon he used against Goku. In both cases he forced transformation to become stronger. Except that in GT he did it to save his family.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Didn't he do the same with Babidi? swallowed his pride just to be on Gokou's league by any means necessary, but in Z he hated what he did and then grew as a character and acknowledged Gokou as a superior warrior by the end of the arc. Then is not out of character, more like bad, repetitive writing.

In GT his goal was AGAIN to catch up with Son Gokou, out of pure envy of SS4, all that I'm cool with Kakarotto being number 1 speech from Z goes to hell, because at that time the unbeatable foe (Omega) wasn't even introduced and they all let Gokou do all the fighting so they were far from DEFCON 1, Gokou was fighting Suu shenron's first form and Vegeta had no clue about that either(episode 55). It was not a last resource thing like when they fused in Z or when he met Omega, it was just to screw with Gokou while hanging around at home with his wife.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:30 pm

I'd say it was a last resort thing.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.