What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Re: What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:00 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:29 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:35 pmAs far as i know DBO was not only following manga completely ignoring any fillers but also Toriyama was directly involved in production even providing design for Yardrat race that was never seen outside of anime filler. So DBO was in fact the closest thing we got to direct manga sequel. But since it was just a game no one really ever considered it a part of story. But unlike GT, it was manga sequel and i think Toriyama was even more involved in its production than he was with GT despite never referring to DBO as part of story (unlike GT, partially).
That is correct, but how "Dragon Ball Super would only retcon Dragon Ball Online"? I mean, Dragon Ball Online is the sequel of the manga, whereas Dragon Ball Super is... Well, I don't really know how it fits because that series has two continuities that contradict each other and it is actually a midquel.

The excuse "it's just a game" is rather irrelevant, by the way, specially nowadays.
I think sunset is playing a word game with you. I've never seen someone try defining the canon (not that one exists) like he/she does. Pretty sure that, no offense, but I'm pretty sure sunset just thinks differently...

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:13 am

SpiritBombTriumphant wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:00 am
Grimlock wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:29 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:35 pmAs far as i know DBO was not only following manga completely ignoring any fillers but also Toriyama was directly involved in production even providing design for Yardrat race that was never seen outside of anime filler. So DBO was in fact the closest thing we got to direct manga sequel. But since it was just a game no one really ever considered it a part of story. But unlike GT, it was manga sequel and i think Toriyama was even more involved in its production than he was with GT despite never referring to DBO as part of story (unlike GT, partially).
That is correct, but how "Dragon Ball Super would only retcon Dragon Ball Online"? I mean, Dragon Ball Online is the sequel of the manga, whereas Dragon Ball Super is... Well, I don't really know how it fits because that series has two continuities that contradict each other and it is actually a midquel.

The excuse "it's just a game" is rather irrelevant, by the way, specially nowadays.
I think sunset is playing a word game with you. I've never seen someone try defining the canon (not that one exists) like he/she does. Pretty sure that, no offense, but I'm pretty sure sunset just thinks differently...
I don't know what you're thinking right now, but i didn't say anything about canon and never considered DBO to be part of it. I think most people never did.
Just saying that DBS as a sequel has nothing to do with GT. Even if we considered DBS a sequel to anime, it would be sequel to Kai as it aired right after it. And i know that TOEI is trying to make DBS a sequel to anime, but what matters to me is that the plot outline made by Toriyama is meant to continue story he created in manga. That's why i consider DBS in its basis to be sequel to original DB manga with GT being sequel to original anime run.

And yes, you are right that there is no official canon, no matter what people say. I mean there was that even Tenkaichi Budosai that displayed official DB timeline with both DBS and GT somehow being on it despite all the contradictions between them.

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:06 pm

I heard another one: Goku provided more than half of the power of the Father-Son Kamehameha against Cell
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

louisascommie
Beyond Newbie

Post by louisascommie » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:41 pm

That Ultimate gohan was his new base form and he could stack super Saiyan 1 and 2 on it

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:19 am

I remember 2, one was that Black was Goku Jr and that GT Goku would be the 10th man on U6 after Frieza joined another universe.