What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What is the dumbest DB fan theory you have ever heard?

Post by omegacwa » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:28 am

I know this only slightly counts but when I first got into the series there was very little information available in the USA. This was right around the time the Saban Dub first started airing, even though my first exposure was through an Asian friend of mine who showed me bootleg fan subs.

Anyway, I only had a couple pictures to go off of and I drew copies of them and I remember writing "Gohan" next to a picture I drew of SSJ3 Goku and Vegetto next to a picture of Buu saga Vegeta.

Also when I first got into it I downloaded horrible quality clips off some website and when I saw Vegeta go SSJ the first time I thought it was happening at a world tournament.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:43 pm

Did anyone mention the "MALE SAIYANS CAN GET PREGNANT"? Because it is dumb.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

SSJ1Gohan

Post by SSJ1Gohan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 am

-Jiren has an evil older brother
-Goku Black is Future Goten and also
-the two bug like enemies from U4 were actually Hirudegarn from movie 13
-Broly was the guy in the DBS teaser
-Funi can't possibly fuckup another DBZ rerelease

I also remember fan theories from back in the Battle of Gods days where the other Universes were parallel realities and that the original Super Saiyajin God was Burdock. Dumb stuff like that.
MAL: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kuropika_Kurta
Switch FC: SW-3139-1141-2342

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:55 pm

SSJ1Gohan wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 am -Jiren has an evil older brother
Quien solo puede ser derrotado por Gohan calvo.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:48 pm

These are the dumbest I have heard. Naturally, they're all from r/dbz.

- U6 will be the GT universe
- Future Goten (a non-existent character) is Goku Black
- The Grand Priest is trying to overthrow Zeno
- Broly used assets from Fighterz
- Vegeta is going to learn Instant Transmission when he goes to Yardrat

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:10 am

Vegeta is in danger of getting the heart virus by going to Yardrat.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:57 pm

SpiritBombTriumphant wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:48 pm - U6 will be the GT universe
Some people also believe that GT is one of the erased universes lol.
These people still somehow think universes in DB work the same as in that ridiculous fanmade manga Multiverse, where universe is in fact just a alternate timeline which would be more proper way to call GT than calling it different universe.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:45 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:57 pm
SpiritBombTriumphant wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:48 pm - U6 will be the GT universe
These people still somehow think universes in DB work the same as in that ridiculous fanmade manga Multiverse, where universe is in fact just a alternate timeline which would be more proper way to call GT than calling it different universe.
U6 could have been a way to introduce SSJ4, but not really SSJ4, it would just be Super Saiyan from that universe because Saiyans evolved differently.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:22 pm

omegacwa wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:45 pm
U6 could have been a way to introduce SSJ4, but not really SSJ4, it would just be Super Saiyan from that universe because Saiyans evolved differently.
True. Overall U6 was good opportunity to show different way of saiyan evolution, based on tails and Oozaru instead of being just a copy of U7 in the end with everyone using SSJ. Entire Wrath form of Broly would've worked better if it was exclusive form in U6. Even Broly turned SSJ in the end making this form already irrelevant in his first real fight in life.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:34 pm

SSJ1Gohan wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 am -Jiren has an evil older brother
Isn't that more of a meme than an actual fan theory?

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:48 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:03 am -Pan married Trunks. This thing was even STATED in one of polish magazines :shock:
-Gogeta was SSJ5 because when base Goku and Vegeta fused they become SSJ :roll:
-DBS overwrites GT :lol:
-Shenron and Omega Shenron have equal power. This thing exists in minds of people who think DB started with Raditz :clap:
DBS already did retconed GT and the tuffles were retconned as well Gt is an alternative timeline to the main one and not actually happened in the main timeline (DB,DBZ,and DBS).

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Toxin45 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:48 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:03 am -Pan married Trunks. This thing was even STATED in one of polish magazines :shock:
-Shenron and Omega Shenron have equal power. This thing exists in minds of people who think DB started with Raditz :clap:
DBS already did retconed GT and the tuffles were retconned as well Gt is an alternative timeline to the main one and not actually happened in the main timeline (DB,DBZ,and DBS).
The point is there isn't such thing as DB, DBZ and DBS timeline. It's DB, DBZ and GT timeline.
In Toriyama's mind, DBS is sequel to his story which is original manga. TOEI trying to make DBS look like Z sequel is different thing.
GT is the only sequel to DB/Z anime. So no, DBS doesn't retcon GT because there was nothing to retcon to begin with. In manga continuity there was nothing past Buu saga (except for 10 year timeskip). If DBS was made to retcon anything, it would only retcon DB Online, not GT, but nobody cares about DBO and counts it as true sequel anyway. DBS existence didn't change anything about GT.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:14 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:12 pm
The point is there isn't such thing as DB, DBZ and DBS timeline. It's DB, DBZ and GT timeline.
In Toriyama's mind, DBS is sequel to his story which is original manga. TOEI trying to make DBS look like Z sequel is different thing.
GT is the only sequel to DB/Z anime. So no, DBS doesn't retcon GT because there was nothing to retcon to begin with. In manga continuity there was nothing past Buu saga (except for 10 year timeskip). If DBS was made to retcon anything, it would only retcon DB Online, not GT, but nobody cares about DBO and counts it as true sequel anyway. DBS existence didn't change anything about GT.
Dude the manga pretty much overwrites gt at this point the manga has Dragon Ball,Dragon Ball Z,and Dragon Ball super the anime Dragon Ball Dragon Ball z,and gt are simply from an alternative timeline as Xenoverse states.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Toxin45 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:14 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:12 pm
Dude the manga pretty much overwrites gt at this point the manga has Dragon Ball,Dragon Ball Z,and Dragon Ball super the anime Dragon Ball Dragon Ball z,and gt are simply from an alternative timeline as Xenoverse states.
You didn't get my point. Manga doesn't overwrite GT because there is nothing to overwrite. GT only exists in original anime continuity. And since DBS is sequel to manga it has nothing to do with GT. It can't overwrite something that doesn't even exist.
If DBS was made exclusively by TOEI as sequel to DB/Z anime, just like GT was, then sure, it would erase GT.

Nothing has changed about GT when DBS was made. It was always anime only sequel and it's still anime only sequel.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:15 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:12 pmIf DBS was made to retcon anything, it would only retcon DB Online, not GT,
Mind to elaborate more on that?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:35 pm

Grimlock wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:15 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:12 pmIf DBS was made to retcon anything, it would only retcon DB Online, not GT,
Mind to elaborate more on that?
As far as i know DBO was not only following manga completely ignoring any fillers but also Toriyama was directly involved in production even providing design for Yardrat race that was never seen outside of anime filler. So DBO was in fact the closest thing we got to direct manga sequel. But since it was just a game no one really ever considered it a part of story. But unlike GT, it was manga sequel and i think Toriyama was even more involved in its production than he was with GT despite never referring to DBO as part of story (unlike GT, partially).

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:12 pm

omegacwa wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:45 pm
Except now we have the perfect excuse to introduce/retcon SS4:
The Yabanverse

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:29 pm

The "Gogeta became SS5" theory is more an example of something I said earlier in the thread: that several of these fan theories aren't "dumb"— just running with limited information. Canonically, Goten and Trunks were and still are incapable of progressing past Super Saiyan 1, and yet Gotenks is capable of reaching Super Saiyan 3. SS4, while weird, still seemed to follow some rules: black hair and red body fur. Gogeta inversed that, which can easily be mistaken as suggesting it's another level of Super Saiyan entirely. In reality, it was just Toei being Toei. But I don't think it's "dumb". If anything, it's probably a good guess as to what was going on. Which is what at least some of the "dumb" theories are: failed guesses on things that have been explained. The dumber ones are the ones that really did make no sense even with what we knew at the time, or were grasping at straws placed a mile away from each other (such as "Gohan's real father is Yamcha"— how? Unless Yamcha or Chi Chi are Saiyans, but that makes no sense, and now you've got yourself Bonafide Idiocy).

That's how I deal with these things: if the theory makes for a good explanation of something that's at the time unexplained, it's not really dumb unless the entire thing is dumb (and SS4's execution is indeed quite dumb).

But as for "DBS retconned GT" but "GT is just an anime sequel"— don't forget that there are technically two different versions of Super as well! Manga DBS is the sequel to DB, actually being co-written by Toriyama and Toyotaro. Anime DBS is partially written by Toriyama, but mostly a Toei product. In a series where canon means little and we just have to go by what Toriyama himself has directly written (getting less and less absolute each passing year), Super put GT in limbo but hasn't outright retconned it. It's possible they're going to asspull something to make the End of Z and GT "fit" (such as taking away godly powers or some such rubbish).

And just to drive it home, Toei even tossed in a cameo from GT in Super, one that many people missed.

Remember these little ferret things from episode 77 of Super?

Turns out they're also from GT
The Yabanverse

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:40 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:29 pm
The "Gogeta became SS5" theory is more an example of something I said earlier in the thread: that several of these fan theories aren't "dumb"— just running with limited information. Canonically, Goten and Trunks were and still are incapable of progressing past Super Saiyan 1, and yet Gotenks is capable of reaching Super Saiyan 3. SS4, while weird, still seemed to follow some rules: black hair and red body fur. Gogeta inversed that, which can easily be mistaken as suggesting it's another level of Super Saiyan entirely. In reality, it was just Toei being Toei. But I don't think it's "dumb". If anything, it's probably a good guess as to what was going on. Which is what at least some of the "dumb" theories are: failed guesses on things that have been explained. The dumber ones are the ones that really did make no sense even with what we knew at the time, or were grasping at straws placed a mile away from each other (such as "Gohan's real father is Yamcha"— how? Unless Yamcha or Chi Chi are Saiyans, but that makes no sense, and now you've got yourself Bonafide Idiocy).

That's how I deal with these things: if the theory makes for a good explanation of something that's at the time unexplained, it's not really dumb unless the entire thing is dumb (and SS4's execution is indeed quite dumb).

But as for "DBS retconned GT" but "GT is just an anime sequel"— don't forget that there are technically two different versions of Super as well! Manga DBS is the sequel to DB, actually being co-written by Toriyama and Toyotaro. Anime DBS is partially written by Toriyama, but mostly a Toei product. In a series where canon means little and we just have to go by what Toriyama himself has directly written (getting less and less absolute each passing year), Super put GT in limbo but hasn't outright retconned it. It's possible they're going to asspull something to make the End of Z and GT "fit" (such as taking away godly powers or some such rubbish).

And just to drive it home, Toei even tossed in a cameo from GT in Super, one that many people missed.

Remember these little ferret things from episode 77 of Super?

Turns out they're also from GT
that is a simple easter egg nothing more and besides your theories have holes namely Kibito kai is defused thanks to namkian dragon ball Xenoverse saids that GT is an alternative timeline not the main one. Toriyama stated the 13 movies and gt were alternative timelines.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:29 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:35 pmAs far as i know DBO was not only following manga completely ignoring any fillers but also Toriyama was directly involved in production even providing design for Yardrat race that was never seen outside of anime filler. So DBO was in fact the closest thing we got to direct manga sequel. But since it was just a game no one really ever considered it a part of story. But unlike GT, it was manga sequel and i think Toriyama was even more involved in its production than he was with GT despite never referring to DBO as part of story (unlike GT, partially).
That is correct, but how "Dragon Ball Super would only retcon Dragon Ball Online"? I mean, Dragon Ball Online is the sequel of the manga, whereas Dragon Ball Super is... Well, I don't really know how it fits because that series has two continuities that contradict each other and it is actually a midquel.

The excuse "it's just a game" is rather irrelevant, by the way, specially nowadays.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~