Can the humans wish to become Saiyans?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Can the humans wish to become Saiyans?

Post by Ssjcell » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:29 am

Do you think it's possible for the humans to be wished into saiyans? Is so do you think they would do it? Becoming a super Saiyan would be very useful for yamcha and Kuririn for example?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Can the humans wish to become Saiyans?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:54 am

Super Shenlong could, but ordinary Shelong was unable to turn Android 17 & 18 back into humans despite them only having organic implants that made them machine-like as opposed to being completely built from solid machinery like Android 16 or 19 were. Zamasu did wish to switch bodies with Goku so we at least know that Super Shenron can put a human/any other species' mind into a Saiyan body of choice which would work better than transforming their bodies into that of a low-class Saiyan's or one with less potential in general.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:46 am

theherodjl wrote:Super Shenlong could, but ordinary Shelong was unable to turn Android 17 & 18 back into humans
That may have been because they didn't consent, like Goku didn't want to come home from Yardrat.
酷签名

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:55 am

Better yet, could they wish to never lose in fights? :roll:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:38 am

The Super Dragon Balls can grant ANY wish (aside from silly ones like "I wish for Zeno to die"), so they can certainly grant that wish of yours. Just look at Zamasu, he was born a Shinjin, but the Super Dragon Balls easily switched his body with that of the arrogant Saiyan Goku.

But this change doesn't simply mean that you get a new body, but that you also start to change as a person, because you will be influenced by the instincts of your new body. Just look at Black. Sure he retained his pride and malice from when he was Zamasu, his "God" complex, but he also inherited some of Goku's personality traits, such as the desire to be the strongest, while Future Zamasu, who did not wish for a Saiyan body, thought that Black was a fool for seeking ultimate strength instead of immortality. Black himself, on the contrary, believed that you didn't need immortality if you were the strongest. Then there is also Black's love for fighting and food (he often referred to his enemies as "main dish", "appetizer", etc.), both of which were also inherited from Goku's body.

Point is, if a Earthling wishes to become a Saiyan, initially they'll have a shiny new body, but eventually they will also start to change to be more Saiyan-like in their behaviour and personality, like we saw with Black (though he was a divine Shinjin, of course, not a lowly Earthling).

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:31 am

mute_proxy wrote:Better yet, could they wish to never lose in fights? :roll:
That would be a good wish for a jerkass genie to mess with.

Like, from now on they will automatically pass out 1 second before getting into a fight...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:57 pm

Personally, I would sooner prefer to watch them become cyborgs than wish for Saiyan genetics.

It should be possible as others explained. Would they do it? I doubt it. The Saiyans may have a much higher threshold when it comes to power attainment but the humans do have their own identities which I doubt they would sacrifice purely for the sake of attaining some transformations and zenkais. Truthfully, if it weren't for the unintentional sabotage (presumably) of their ambitions and common sense then they probably could make some inroads with closing the gap as it is. I could think of several steps being taken that would put them roughly in the same league as the Saiyans. Granted, it would require some creative license to execute it fully.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:58 am

If they could I'm sure they would've done it already.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:35 pm

Yes they can but with maybe the Namekian Dragon Balls or the Super Dragon Balls. Their potential will still depend on wether the Dragon Ball staff immediately loves them enough now that they became the creator's favorite race. They can also just wish to be as strong/effective as Goku or Vegeta with some powerful Dragon Balls.