Majin Boo the broken contestant

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cetra
I Live Here

Majin Boo the broken contestant

Post by Cetra » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:13 am

So, without even considering that he could absorb more of the contestants, lets assume Boo absorbed all of the normal U7 contestants (and that before the tournament starts meaning they could even choose others to take their place instead), would Boo have had a chance to defeat the lies of Jiren, Toppo and Kafla?

Boo is such a broen character. I have the feeling, that despite Jiren's ridiculous power in the anime he absolutely could have stood a chance against the opponents. Or do you think for people lie Jiren Migatte no Goku'i was the only way and that a potentially uber-strong absorption of his own friends would not have helped Boo against him?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: Majin Boo the broken contestant

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:58 am

At the beginning of ToP, Jiren could have defeated Ssjblue kkx20 Goku, Ssjblue Vegeta, and Frieza in a matter of seconds if he went to about the power he used against UI Goku in 110. After that, the rest of the team would be screwed. Now if you had Buu into the mix, you lose Frieza. Someone who was about goku’s and Vegeta’s power level. So if Buu absorbed everyone one, he wouldn’t have been as powerful as he could have been if Frieza was involved. So Jiren would use 40-50% and Buu7 would have been eliminated.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:06 am

Berserker1921 wrote:At the beginning of ToP, Jiren could have defeated Ssjblue kkx20 Goku, Ssjblue Vegeta, and Frieza in a matter of seconds if he went to about the power he used against UI Goku in 110. After that, the rest of the team would be screwed. Now if you had Buu into the mix, you lose Frieza. Someone who was about goku’s and Vegeta’s power level. So if Buu absorbed everyone one, he wouldn’t have been as powerful as he could have been if Frieza was involved. So Jiren would use 40-50% and Buu7 would have been eliminated.
No, I don't mean Freeza would not be considered an option, I mean if all that were ultimately participating would have been absorbed by Boo, hence why I said "Freeza".
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:31 pm

Cetra wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:At the beginning of ToP, Jiren could have defeated Ssjblue kkx20 Goku, Ssjblue Vegeta, and Frieza in a matter of seconds if he went to about the power he used against UI Goku in 110. After that, the rest of the team would be screwed. Now if you had Buu into the mix, you lose Frieza. Someone who was about goku’s and Vegeta’s power level. So if Buu absorbed everyone one, he wouldn’t have been as powerful as he could have been if Frieza was involved. So Jiren would use 40-50% and Buu7 would have been eliminated.
No, I don't mean Freeza would not be considered an option, I mean if all that were ultimately participating would have been absorbed by Boo, hence why I said "Freeza".

I know. And that’s why I said they would be at a disadvantage. I only mentioned the hypothetical Frieza before to show powerful Jiren was to universe 7. How’d he still slaughter them all if he had tried. Now that you exclude Frieza, the team would be considerably weaker. So still stomps buu7. However it will be much easier.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:17 pm

Buu would have made for a gratefully worthwhile asset to Universe 7 at the tournament. His abilities and stamina give him one of the most varied occupations to have. It's not to say that some of the others didn't have their worth. Can you imagine the nigh infinite applications that materialisation powers has if you thought of something outside of clothes or the moon to create? Piccolo would be up there in terms of potential worth right under Buu.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:32 pm

I think Majin Boo would have made for the best support unit in the tournament if he was handled properly. He had the ability to heal people, so he could have healed Goku after his bout with Jiren back to full stamina, as well as the others.

As for how long he would have lasted, that's difficult to say. I could see him making it to around the elimination of U4, before getting knocked off by Gamisaras or Damon. He didn't seem to have much luck defending himself in the pre-tournament exhibition match.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:25 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I think Majin Boo would have made for the best support unit in the tournament if he was handled properly. He had the ability to heal people, so he could have healed Goku after his bout with Jiren back to full stamina, as well as the others.

As for how long he would have lasted, that's difficult to say. I could see him making it to around the elimination of U4, before getting knocked off by Gamisaras or Damon. He didn't seem to have much luck defending himself in the pre-tournament exhibition match.
You think a Boo that absorbed Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and ther others would be knocked off by those guys?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:39 pm

Cetra wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:I think Majin Boo would have made for the best support unit in the tournament if he was handled properly. He had the ability to heal people, so he could have healed Goku after his bout with Jiren back to full stamina, as well as the others.

You think a Boo that absorbed Goku, Vegeta, Freeza and ther others would be knocked off by those guys?
I'm referring to a Buu that doesn't absorb anyone and is merely used mostly for his support abilities.

Now if we were talking about a Majin Buu that absorbs every member of U7, theres no telling what the hell would happen.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:11 am

The problem with Buu is while his regeneration abilities make him nigh-on indestructible, he doesn't keep his guard up. Even weaker characters could send him flying, which in a setting like the Tournament of Power is a pretty big risk. He'd definitely be a tremendous asset for the team if he showed up, but that depends on if he and the others are smart enough to utilise them to their full potential (which is a big ask). and any number of powerful foes don't immediately see what he's doing and put a stop to it.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:48 pm

One intreasted thing I noticed during the ToP was that Basil had develops his Shining Blaster into a push back attack to try and throw enemies off. Can’t help but feel he developed that with the intent of getting revenge on Buu. If Buu had been there, Basil could have targeted him and ringed him out in the right situation.

Then there’s the fact that while Buu is strong and a good fighter, he’s not very strategic and is easy to trick. He could easily get ringed out by being out smarted by someone. Frieza by contrast played a pretty smart game for most of the ToP, only dropping the ball during the final showdown with U11 by being to cocky and then losing his temper. And despite that he pulled through to insure they beat Jiren.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:47 am

Half of the posters here ignore the original post with the absorption.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:14 am

Cetra wrote:Half of the posters here ignore the original post with the absorption.
Ok then, if we say he takes Frieza’s spot, there’s a possible issue with absorbing Goku and Vegeta. Their God Ki might not mesh well with Buu, as it’s pure nature might be what caused Buu to grow weaker when absorbing the Kais

And even if that’s not the case, Jiren was more then powerful enough to Solo the entire U7 team anyway. The only people people in the team who’d power matters when fighting Jiren would be Gohan, 17, Blue Vegeta (he didn’t have evolved blue at the start) and Blue/Kaioken Goku, all of whom we know cannot beat Jiren in fight, even combined. Everyone else on the team is sadly a none factor because there to weak to make a difference.

All absorbing everyone would to is put them all in one place to be ringed out in one hit... when Jiren gets off his indifferent ass that is.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:56 am

Lord Frieza wrote:
Cetra wrote:Half of the posters here ignore the original post with the absorption.
Ok then, if we say he takes Frieza’s spot, there’s a possible issue with absorbing Goku and Vegeta. Their God Ki might not mesh well with Buu, as it’s pure nature might be what caused Buu to grow weaker when absorbing the Kais

And even if that’s not the case, Jiren was more then powerful enough to Solo the entire U7 team anyway. The only people people in the team who’d power matters when fighting Jiren would be Gohan, 17, Blue Vegeta (he didn’t have evolved blue at the start) and Blue/Kaioken Goku, all of whom we know cannot beat Jiren in fight, even combined. Everyone else on the team is sadly a none factor because there to weak to make a difference.

All absorbing everyone would to is put them all in one place to be ringed out in one hit... when Jiren gets off his indifferent ass that is.
Who's to say it would be such a simple matter? Sounds like you think he would get a boost from Absorption that is too easily explained. And then let him use kaiouken.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy