So.. Jiren or Broly, who is stronger?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

So.. Jiren or Broly, who is stronger?

Post by DSB » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:56 am

Broly could be stronger than Beerus. Jiren is stronger than Belmod.

So, is Jiren still the top dog?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: So.. Jiren or Broly, who is stronger?

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:13 am

Its impossible to say for sure which one is stronger but it wouldn't surprise me if Jiren is stronger than Broly is in the new movie.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:54 am

As of now if we just go by feats, Jiren. Jiren was the only known mortal that a GoD could not beat. However this could just apply to Belmond only. Belmond is also hinted to be stronger than Beerus. Jiren shook an infinite realm while super suppressed. He curb stomped Ssjblue kkx20 Goku and SsjBE Vegeta with little to no effort. Freezing him in time did not affect him. This was also when he was greatly suppressed, mind you. Jiren’s powerwas greater than Goku with UI for sometime. Before Goku mastered it, of course. However even after that, he still fought evenly with Goku for a short while. He was able to hit and hurt the untouchable or apex power up. That’s impressive. And he gained all this power on his own. No help from the gods or angels.

*spoilers*

Broly is a prodigy. He went easily from idk ssj Vegeta level to a power equal or possibly above Beerus in a matter of hours. However in the movie, Goku or Vegeta do not use their newer forms. They do not use Kaioken, SsjBE, or even Ultra instinct when battling Broly. Now you can say this is a different canon and they’re Ssjblues are they’re greatests forms. But they mention or hint at UI. So the forms must have existed in this movie. However the two don’t decide to use it. So makes me think, that they didn’t feel the need too or possibly it was too taxing to use.

Either way, I feel Jiren is stronger then Broly for now. Of course if and when super returns. And this becomes a saga, in which they fix the power scaling. Then we can get a definitive answer then. But for now...

Jiren>Broly

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:28 am

Jiren was able to keep up with MUI Goku who I see as being above SSJB Gogeta.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:05 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Jiren was able to keep up with MUI Goku who I see as being above SSJB Gogeta.

SSB Gogeta is so not weaker than UI Goku ...

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:25 pm

In my opinion, Broly is comparable to Kefla, with a powered up base surpassing SSJG, the first transformation beating the Blue one, and their full power going under Ultra Instincts. SSJB fusion had to make up for it, but it's most likely the complete version, and not Vegetto's against Zamasu. With that being said, I like to think of Broly as the movie event Jiren, with his full power having reached that realm.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:05 pm

I'm going to say Jiren since he transcends time itself. That is truly one of the most impressive feats a mortal can accomplish. There aren't many Dragon Ball characters who managed to do that, the only one who comes to mind was Infinite Zamasu, who wasn't a corporeal mortal but a divine astral being.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:00 pm

DSB wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Jiren was able to keep up with MUI Goku who I see as being above SSJB Gogeta.

That's just the way it seems to me.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:44 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
DSB wrote:

Mui Goku > >blue gogeta

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:13 am

Ssjcell wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
DSB wrote:
Mui Goku > >blue gogeta

Even basic powerscaling say otherwise.

Like has people forgotten fusion?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:01 am

I would say Broly has a bit more raw power, but Jiren is a much better fighter. It would be like “tiger vs. lion”. It depends on the circumstances.

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:05 pm

If we consider that the (non-canon story-wise) Super Dragonball heroes promotional anime episodes are based on the true power scaling logic that Toei has used while working on the canon material then: MUI Goku>>>SSJB KK Vegetto>SSJB Vegetto. For the record below is a 41min video compiling the first 6 episodes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh3Ch_E70NM

Now given that in promotional material for the Broly movie Gogeta and Vegetto were pitched as equals it follows that MUI Goku>>SSJBKK Gogeta>SSJB Gogeta>SSJLegendary Broly. FP Jiren was comparable to Ultra Instinct Omen Goku, and after breaking his limits Jiren even briefly went toe to toe with MUI Goku (albeit MUI GOku still proved to be superior and emerged victorious). So based on this Jiren>>Broly.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:44 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:I would say Broly has a bit more raw power, but Jiren is a much better fighter. It would be like “tiger vs. lion”. It depends on the circumstances.
I'm agreeing with you there
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:02 pm

Jiren, probably.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:47 am

Jiren should be by all accounts, but you never know. I get the feeling if they ever find an excuse to have the two of them fight, it'll either be inconclusive or go in Broly's favour because Broly always has to be the strongest.

I like new Broly a lot, but when Jiren came along, I was kind of hoping he'd be the one to fill the "big power level muscle boy" archetype that classic Broly filled for many years. Just for something new, you know. His first big onscreen act was taking out Kale in one shot, which is as good a way as any of saying "hey, remember Broly? Well he ain't shit, check out this guy!". But now they kind of both share this role.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:39 am

Speedster wrote:If we consider that the (non-canon story-wise) Super Dragonball heroes promotional anime episodes
Let's not. They aren't even canon to the game.
If anything let's see the game power scaling:
Blue slightly > Ss4
Vegetto Blue overpowers SS Cumber without using Kaiohken but the fight is interrupted
Goku Blue Kaiohken (which is reasonable to take as x20) isn't enough for Golden Ozaru Cumber
Vegetto Ss4 > SS3 Cumber
Goku MUI >> SS3 Cumber

Do the math.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:10 pm

We don't know the multipliers for SSJ4 for certain. So we can't use the do the math argument. At least that's how I see it. But others disagree with me.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:49 am

Jiren seems to be the stronger one by statements and possibly by feats, since he's stronger than Belmond, and that's before Jiren unlocked his inner power, and Belmond is hinted to be stronger than Beerus, meanwhile Broly is possibly/probably stronger than Beerus, so that seems to be putting Broly below Jiren.

As for feats, it's simply because Jiren fought UI Goku better than Broly fought Gogeta, but whether or not UI is stronger than Gogeta is another story... So it's only a comparison of statements that is putting Jiren above Broly so far, even so, Broly might still be the stronger one since DB usualy makes the next opponent stronger than the previous.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:16 pm

Hulk10 wrote:We don't know the multipliers for SSJ4 for certain. So we can't use the do the math argument.
I didn't mean literally doing the math, sorry if I've been unclear :)

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:07 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:We don't know the multipliers for SSJ4 for certain. So we can't use the do the math argument.
I didn't mean literally doing the math, sorry if I've been unclear :)
Its ok. I still don't agree with your logic though but thnx for clearing it up.