Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:22 am

Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by zarmack » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:14 pm

In the Baby arc, Goku says that General Rildo is stronger than Majin Buu, but never clarifies which version of Buu. Even the GT Perfect Flies doesn't say which version Goku was referring to. Most fans assume he was talking about Kid Buu, but Base Goku in GT has feats that suggest otherwise.

Any thoughts?

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:52 pm

Base Gt Goku broke through Dimensions which just by going by that it'll mean Base Gt Goku = Ssj3 Gotenks/Super Buu but Gotenks and Super Buu ripped a hole in the Time Chamber which according to Dende is another Universe while it isn't stated how big the Dimension was Gt Goku broke through i doubt it's big since it's supposed to simply be a world between the Instantaneous Movement ability. And the statement with Z Vegito also debunks that as they simply said Vegito and not Super Vegito and they also had a picture of base Z Vegito which means Ssj4 Goku ( Baby Arc ) is around base Z Vegito's level so Rildo definitely can't be stronger than Buuhan if Ssj2 Goku tossed him around. Also it was stated that base Gt Goku is stronger than his Ssj3 Z self but i won't take that statement as them saying he's stronger than every Z character since it wasn't stated he's massively stronger just stronger. The destructive capacity of Buuhan and Omega is similar but Omega has the edge since he doesn't have to collapse dimensions just to destroy the Universe but it'll still take time. If Rildo was stronger than Buuhan then that would mean Ssj4 Goku in the Shadow Dragon Arc would've been Universal but not even Omega was Universal.

User avatar
Pantalones
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1425
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Pantalones » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:02 am

I've never seen any reason to interpret "Rilldo's hiding his full power, and it might be even stronger than Majin Buu" as "Rilldo is definitely stronger than the strongest form of Majin Buu, which Goku actively avoided fighting."

Everyone who chooses to take it that way seems to have a weird ulterior motive of wanting GT characters to be as outrageously strong as possible.

It's always seemed much more likely to me that Goku's mention of Majin Buu is referring to one of the forms of Buu that Goku actually had a long one-on-one fight with, since those are the ones he'd be most familiar with. Goku spent Super Buu's entire existence avoiding any chance of getting into a fight with him without fusing first, so it wouldn't make much sense for him to be talking about that Buu when saying "Majin Buu" in general. Super Buu who'd already absorbed another character makes even less sense, since that's not even Buu's own power, it's Buu+Gotenks or Buu+Gohan. And then there's two more Buus that are the least likely ones for Goku to be talking about: the skinny gray Buu which only existed for minutes in the story, or the buff South Kaioshin Buu who popped back into existence for a few seconds while Buu's transformations went into "rewind" on the way back to his original form when the fat Buu's pod was removed.

So Goku could logically be talking about either Fat Buu (who he fought while holding back, and judged from that to be someone he could beat with SSj3) or Kid Buu (who we went all-out against and basically stalemated with SSj3; Buu couldn't beat him until his energy got drained too badly and he couldn't keep up the form, but he couldn't beat Buu without charging up more energy than SSj3's energy drain allowed him to in a living body.) There's some pretty strong arguments for either of them. Fat Buu is the one Goku has had the most experience with, since that's the first Buu that Goku fought and he's been hanging around with the rest of the cast ever since... but Kid Buu is probably the one that stuck in Goku's mind the most since he gave Goku the best fight and then was reincarnated as Uub, who Goku spent a lot of time with in the years leading up to GT.

Either way, this is probably where the idea that base GT Goku is on a similar level to SSj3 Z Goku -- Goku in Z needed SSj3 to fight either of those Buus, so if GT Goku can do it in base form, then GT's base Goku would need to be on a similar level to Z's SSj3 Goku.

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1554
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:38 am

Ssb_goku20 wrote:Ssj4 Goku ( Baby Arc ) is around base Z Vegito's level
They never said it's about Z Vegito. It was section about transformations overall without specific time placement. It just says that hypothetical GT Vegito would be equal ot stronger than Goku SSJ4. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense that Goku SSJ4 handled Baby Oozaru when Super Baby 1 was already stronger than anyone before and he had two more forms after that.

It's hard to tell if Rildo is stronger than Buuhan. We know that Super Baby 1 is stronger than anything Goku felt before, but we can't assume he didn't mean Vegito since he obviously felt his ki when fused (as confirmed in Battle of Gods). We also can't just be sure that everyone until Baby in GT did NOT have ki higher than any he has felt before, although it's very unlikely that anyone before Rildo could be in Buuhan's league, but it's possible that transformed Rildo was. And Goku said to Sigma Force that it's been a long time since he met someone as strong as them. What does it mean? Idk. But that already puts them in pretty high tier.

We know for a fact that Gohan in GT didn't stop his training, and there are several proofs or statements that put him way above his DBZ self and that his base is also stronger than at least Fat Buu, but base Goku still easily handled SSJ Gohan, while final form Rildo was a bit too much for him at SSJ. This shows that gap between Rildo's forms is MUCH bigger than SSJ transformation. And base Gohan wasn't really hurt by base Rildo's attacks.

Can base Rildo be stronger than Buuhan? I don't think so. I would put him stronger than Super Buu but below Buutenks or at most equal to him.
Transformed Rildo? He might be stronger or at least in similar league of power.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:57 am

Stronger than Gohan-Boo? I don’t think so. I would say Baby Vegeta is the first enemy that steps up the powerscalling from Boo Arc. Perhaps Rilld is stronger than the Boo living with them.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:15 pm

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Ssjcell » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:49 pm

Everyone acts as if Goku didn't fight buuhan and doesn't have a grasp of his power he fought buuhan for a while as vegito he has fought buuhan everyone is crazy for acting as if this didn't happen he could have been plausibly saying rildo was stronger than buuhan if you think about it the way I framed things

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:50 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Ssb_goku20 wrote:Ssj4 Goku ( Baby Arc ) is around base Z Vegito's level
They never said it's about Z Vegito. It was section about transformations overall without specific time placement. It just says that hypothetical GT Vegito would be equal ot stronger than Goku SSJ4. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense that Goku SSJ4 handled Baby Oozaru when Super Baby 1 was already stronger than anyone before and he had two more forms after that.

It's hard to tell if Rildo is stronger than Buuhan. We know that Super Baby 1 is stronger than anything Goku felt before, but we can't assume he didn't mean Vegito since he obviously felt his ki when fused (as confirmed in Battle of Gods). We also can't just be sure that everyone until Baby in GT did NOT have ki higher than any he has felt before, although it's very unlikely that anyone before Rildo could be in Buuhan's league, but it's possible that transformed Rildo was. And Goku said to Sigma Force that it's been a long time since he met someone as strong as them. What does it mean? Idk. But that already puts them in pretty high tier.

We know for a fact that Gohan in GT didn't stop his training, and there are several proofs or statements that put him way above his DBZ self and that his base is also stronger than at least Fat Buu, but base Goku still easily handled SSJ Gohan, while final form Rildo was a bit too much for him at SSJ. This shows that gap between Rildo's forms is MUCH bigger than SSJ transformation. And base Gohan wasn't really hurt by base Rildo's attacks.

Can base Rildo be stronger than Buuhan? I don't think so. I would put him stronger than Super Buu but below Buutenks or at most equal to him.
Transformed Rildo? He might be stronger or at least in similar league of power.
The Picture showed Z Vegito as his saying " All right!! " which means it's Z. And don't compare Dbs power scaling or information to Gt's as they're are 2 different continuities that doesn't follow the same logic at all.

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Cetra » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:49 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote: The Picture showed Z Vegito as his saying " All right!! " which means it's Z. And don't compare Dbs power scaling or information to Gt's as they're are 2 different continuities that doesn't follow the same logic at all.
No, it doesn't "mean" it is Z. That's just the only moment we ever saw Vegetto so of course they will get that picture. And Tadayoshi Yamamuro's comment about SSJ4 from Entrevista 2015 is worth more than people comparing SSJ4 to Z era Vegetto.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1554
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:58 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote: The Picture showed Z Vegito as his saying " All right!! " which means it's Z. And don't compare Dbs power scaling or information to Gt's as they're are 2 different continuities that doesn't follow the same logic at all.
That still contradicts GT so it doesn't make sense and is irrelevant because series proves it being wrong.
And as i said, it was section about transformations. It showed DBZ Vegito for one obvious reason. There was no GT Vegito. If it showed SSJ Namek Goku talking about power boost this transformation gives, it's about GT SSJ Goku as well. Vegito has no fixed power level, it always depends on base power levels of Goku and Vegeta. And so when they said "when Goku and Vegeta merge they become perhaps stronger than SSJ4" it's not the same a "when Goku and Vegeta merged in Z they became perhaps stronger than SSJ4 Goku from GT"
Cetra wrote: No, it doesn't "mean" it is Z. That's just the only moment we ever saw Vegetto so of course they will get that picture. And Tadayoshi Yamamuro's comment about SSJ4 from Entrevista 2015 is worth more than people comparing SSJ4 to Z era Vegetto.
What comment?
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

User avatar
Hugo Boss
I Live Here
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:14 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:What comment?
Someone asked him which form was stronger between SS4 and SSG and he answered that SS4 came after so he assumed it’s the strongest between them.

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:34 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Ssb_goku20 wrote: The Picture showed Z Vegito as his saying " All right!! " which means it's Z. And don't compare Dbs power scaling or information to Gt's as they're are 2 different continuities that doesn't follow the same logic at all.
That still contradicts GT so it doesn't make sense and is irrelevant because series proves it being wrong.
And as i said, it was section about transformations. It showed DBZ Vegito for one obvious reason. There was no GT Vegito. If it showed SSJ Namek Goku talking about power boost this transformation gives, it's about GT SSJ Goku as well. Vegito has no fixed power level, it always depends on base power levels of Goku and Vegeta. And so when they said "when Goku and Vegeta merge they become perhaps stronger than SSJ4" it's not the same a "when Goku and Vegeta merged in Z they became perhaps stronger than SSJ4 Goku from GT"
Cetra wrote: No, it doesn't "mean" it is Z. That's just the only moment we ever saw Vegetto so of course they will get that picture. And Tadayoshi Yamamuro's comment about SSJ4 from Entrevista 2015 is worth more than people comparing SSJ4 to Z era Vegetto.
What comment?
You people have a serious problem with denying what's in your faces for some reason

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:36 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:What comment?
Someone asked him which form was stronger between SS4 and SSG and he answered that SS4 came after so he assumed it’s the strongest between them.
He's also a simple animator that does what he's told and not someone who knows what's actually going on

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1554
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:56 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote: You people have a serious problem with denying what's in your faces for some reason
Actually you have. If Goku SSJ4 was weaker than DBZ Vegito, then he would NEVER beat Baby.

Super Baby 1 > SSJ Vegito (Z)

Now add 2 more transformations (one that officially has x10 boost) and you have Baby Oozaru that is about equal to Goku SSJ4.

And as i already said, nothing in this article states it's about DBZ Vegito. It doesn't even say anything about Goku SSJ4. It just mentions Super Saiyan 4 as transformation saying potara fusion has bigger multiplier than SSJ4 transformation. It never compared power of Vegito and Goku SSJ4. And it never says anything like "when they merged" or "they became". It's "when they merge" and "they become". So what you say would be true ONLY if Vegito had fixed power level independent on base power levels of Goku and Vegeta. It says what Vegito IS, not what Vegito WAS.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Cetra » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:22 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote:
You people have a serious problem with denying what's in your faces for some reason
That's amusing considering you are the one only taking into account what you want.
Ssb_goku20 wrote: He's also a simple animator that does what he's told and not someone who knows what's actually going on
Yeah. That is wrong by the way.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1191
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:13 pm

for toei anyone beats buu ...

in short .. if one looks at the fight of goku and trunks against luud you can see that there is not much difference between the two or the fight of goku and mushi mushi in which he had probelmas the latter was defeated by trunks

or you can pay attention to the comment of goku .. but buu has many forms in the current era mr buu basically.

theherodjl
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1319
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:12 pm
Location: The Planes of Lexington

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:29 pm

I've noticed that characters in other media typically refer to Pure Boo as the eponymous "Majin Boo" and it's even what Goku calls Pure Boo as he destroys him so its no stretch to assume that Goku was considering Pure Boo when comparing the power of Rildo. Simply being stronger than Pure Boo hardly equates to being stronger than Boohan as Goku was stronger than Pure Boo in their fight, we also have Goku stating that he & Vegeta couldn't win against even Super Boo. Had Rildo been as strong as Super Boo then he'd still be less than half of Boohan's level so there's quite a lot of room for Rildo to be placed above Pure Boo but still be below Boohan.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:47 pm

Cetra wrote:
Ssb_goku20 wrote:
You people have a serious problem with denying what's in your faces for some reason
That's amusing considering you are the one only taking into account what you want.
Ssb_goku20 wrote: He's also a simple animator that does what he's told and not someone who knows what's actually going on
Yeah. That is wrong by the way.
I'm taking into account what's stated/shown unlike you so next time pay attention to what i say instead of being butthurt :lol:

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:52 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Ssb_goku20 wrote: You people have a serious problem with denying what's in your faces for some reason
Actually you have. If Goku SSJ4 was weaker than DBZ Vegito, then he would NEVER beat Baby.

Super Baby 1 > SSJ Vegito (Z)

Now add 2 more transformations (one that officially has x10 boost) and you have Baby Oozaru that is about equal to Goku SSJ4.

And as i already said, nothing in this article states it's about DBZ Vegito. It doesn't even say anything about Goku SSJ4. It just mentions Super Saiyan 4 as transformation saying potara fusion has bigger multiplier than SSJ4 transformation. It never compared power of Vegito and Goku SSJ4. And it never says anything like "when they merged" or "they became". It's "when they merge" and "they become". So what you say would be true ONLY if Vegito had fixed power level independent on base power levels of Goku and Vegeta. It says what Vegito IS, not what Vegito WAS.
You can clearly see the picture of Z Vegito there and note you saying " It says what Vegito IS, not what Vegito WAS " is condricting as Vegito is only a thing once Fused into meaning that in Gt he's a was since Gt is long after the Buu Saga and they never fused into Vegito ever again during said Timeskip or afterwards so logically ( including the PICTURE THEY HAVE ) IT'S Z VEGITO AND NOT ANY OTHER VEGITO

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1554
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:20 am

Ssb_goku20 wrote: You can clearly see the picture of Z Vegito there and note you saying " It says what Vegito IS, not what Vegito WAS " is condricting as Vegito is only a thing once Fused into meaning that in Gt he's a was since Gt is long after the Buu Saga and they never fused into Vegito ever again during said Timeskip or afterwards so logically ( including the PICTURE THEY HAVE ) IT'S Z VEGITO AND NOT ANY OTHER VEGITO
You completely don't understand this article nor anything i said
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: Is Rildo stronger than Buuhan?

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:27 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Ssb_goku20 wrote: You can clearly see the picture of Z Vegito there and note you saying " It says what Vegito IS, not what Vegito WAS " is condricting as Vegito is only a thing once Fused into meaning that in Gt he's a was since Gt is long after the Buu Saga and they never fused into Vegito ever again during said Timeskip or afterwards so logically ( including the PICTURE THEY HAVE ) IT'S Z VEGITO AND NOT ANY OTHER VEGITO
You completely don't understand this article nor anything i said
I clearly understood it better than you so :clap:

Post Reply