Is Heroes stealing possible future plot points from DBS?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Is Heroes stealing possible future plot points from DBS?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:46 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Maybe DBS should spend less time on these useless tournaments
If these "tournaments" had not existed "Multiversal War" not existed or not how now, many of the characters he is using made their first appearance in them U6 and U11 or ultra instinct
Tournaments to me are just boring, plotless arcs that work as excuses for having dope fights for no good reason beyond “its a Tournament so you have to fight each other.” They are great for having new groups of characters introduced by at least have them be introduced and participate in an interesting event.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:48 pm

FrioPolar wrote:
Tai Lung wrote: it's a bad comparison the tournament is the "arc"
it was not ... it is a multiversal tournament what was important here were the fights, the skills of the opponents, the eliminations, saves, interactions and teamwork, besides that you know very well that it is all about.

in heroes you do not know what is happening from where cooler came from? por vegeta knows it and how zamasu is there if it was erased. and many that are not going to explain

they will tell me the game is better .. but if you have to resort to several sources to know what happens then we have a problem
-Fights without any importance because we all knew that only Universes 7 and Jiren mattered.
-Skills given to fodders that are easily eliminated without doing anything relevant.
-Interactions? Most of the fighters of the other Universes did not have an interesting interaction with the protagonists or with anyone.

In the Tournament of power many times I did not know what was happening either.

Why did Goku and Vegeta use the SSBlue against the Trio de Dangers if they were already stronger than them in SS1?

Why does not Goku use his transformations to defend against a Pride Trooper that was complicating him in episode 101?

Why Toppo sent his troops against Goku in that episode if he already knows how strong Goku is and, therefore, that they should not have any chance against him?

Why do the warriors of the other Universes think they can win even after seeing what Goku or Jiren are capable of?

Why does not Gohan use his mystic form to defeat the Yardrat or the sniper?

Why in Episode 126, Vegeta is very exhausted after defeating Toppo and in the next one he can fight as if nothing happened?

Etc...
Thats strictly due to differnt writers each episode during the arc. Too many cooks in the kitchen which lead to writing inconsistency. Something i hope DBS can solve when it comes back.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:50 pm

The storylines that Heroes is doing seem like lowest common denominator wish fulfillment, like it's just checking all of the boxes that the fandom's collective ether occasionally shouts for. So, not the stuff that I'd expect Toriyama to throw at us. Like, a lot of Super has been some lowest common denominator wish fulfillment stuff that the fandom's collective ether has shouted for, but it's always with some twist or asterisk, that makes it enjoyably stupid. The way Heroes is doing it is lowest common denominator in, like, exactly the sterile, straightforward way that is expected by the cries of the collective ether.

I, for one, look forward to the next tournament, where some new bad dude puts Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Hit, Jiren, and Broly in their place, and they gotta team up to save the day, or some shit, disgusted every step of the way by their jolly cooperation. Dragon Ball is comedy first, martial arts second, and tournaments have long proven to be effective vehicles for delivering both. As long as they're not, like, every single arc, back to back to back. Which, thankfully, has never really been the case. That's not to say I wouldn't be down for some big "war arc" or something, but since this isn't (and has never been) a military story, I'm not thirsting for it either.

Everyone knocking tournaments in general as "plotless" are making it sound like they've never read the original 42 Volumes; because a lot of important storytelling happens in those tournaments, and that shouldn't even need pointing out.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:52 pm

Tai Lung wrote:in heroes you do not know what is happening from where cooler came from? por vegeta knows it and how zamasu is there if it was erased. and many that are not going to explain
All prisoners (except, maybe, Ozotto) were gathered in prison planet by Fu, as he is also the one who created the place. Fu can open rift and travel through dimensions, he brought Cooler there.

Well, since It seems you want to talk about explanation, or the lack of it, then let's talk:

• How the hell was Dende able to realize Beerus is a god but Piccolo (who realized who Kaioshin of East was back in the 25º World Martial Arts Tournament) was not?
• How the hell was Freeza able to surpass Goku in such a short time after his resurrection?
• What the hell is Super Saiyan Rage?
• What the hell were a Yadorat and a Tsufurujin doing in Universe 2 team in Universe Survival saga?
• How is it possible that if one day passes in the present, one day passes in the future as well?
• Why the hell have not Trunks and Marron aged yet?
• Why is planet Vegeta blue in Dragon Ball Super: Broly when it should have been red?
Tai Lung wrote:but if you have to resort to several sources to know what happens then we have a problem
The arcade is the main version of all Heroes stories, the anime and manga are merely adaptations done by different entities. You don't need to resort to several sources if you pay attention at least to the arcade.
Last edited by Grimlock on Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:05 pm

FrioPolar wrote:The Tournament of Power was something similar, episodes of 21 minutes where most were just meaningless fights...
But these fights are everything but boring. Heroes have good concepts but is boring as hell.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:47 am

FrioPolar wrote:
Tai Lung wrote: it's a bad comparison the tournament is the "arc"
it was not ... it is a multiversal tournament what was important here were the fights, the skills of the opponents, the eliminations, saves, interactions and teamwork, besides that you know very well that it is all about.

in heroes you do not know what is happening from where cooler came from? por vegeta knows it and how zamasu is there if it was erased. and many that are not going to explain

they will tell me the game is better .. but if you have to resort to several sources to know what happens then we have a problem
-Fights without any importance because we all knew that only Universes 7 and Jiren mattered.
-Skills given to fodders that are easily eliminated without doing anything relevant.
-Interactions? Most of the fighters of the other Universes did not have an interesting interaction with the protagonists or with anyone.

In the Tournament of power many times I did not know what was happening either.

Why did Goku and Vegeta use the SSBlue against the Trio de Dangers if they were already stronger than them in SS1?

Why does not Goku use his transformations to defend against a Pride Trooper that was complicating him in episode 101?

Why Toppo sent his troops against Goku in that episode if he already knows how strong Goku is and, therefore, that they should not have any chance against him?

Why do the warriors of the other Universes think they can win even after seeing what Goku or Jiren are capable of?

Why does not Gohan use his mystic form to defeat the Yardrat or the sniper?

Why in Episode 126, Vegeta is very exhausted after defeating Toppo and in the next one he can fight as if nothing happened?

Etc...
Are you criticizing the protagonist's winning? dude that you can criticize all previous arcs in z
it matters because each one showed a special ability or secret weapon that could or could not give the victory or advantage blackhole, poison, freeze, anilaza, created dimensions, superspeed or illusions
What tournament have you seen?
not many showed interactions
gohan and piccolo - namekians u6
goku-caulifla where I help her development as a warrior
frieza - frost formed a temporary alliance
vegeta - roshi and vegeta - cabba
goku - hit get to fight together
gohan -obumi both fighting to save their families
vegeta and toppo
gohan and 17

That has nothing to do with a character coming out of nowhere and know of vegeta when he not should ..
bad comparisons ..
Is it like I told you, why Goku uses the SSJ to load 40 tons?

If you do not know, I'll explain it to you
-to defeat them quickly without bergamo can be power up
-saving energy said many times
-because he knows that goku starts by trying out his adverarios, he should already know what he has done many times like with yakon
- They have special abilities poison, black hole, super speed illusions, freezing, you can win by more quantity etc etc
-energy saving and it is forbidden to kill even if it is an accident that sumale that gohan prefers to contain
-repeated enough times that.
they overcome his problems with the excuse of breaking their limits and anyway is it could be criticized to goku in namek

then all that has explanation or mention, it sorry next

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:54 am

Grimlock wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:in heroes you do not know what is happening from where cooler came from? por vegeta knows it and how zamasu is there if it was erased. and many that are not going to explain
All prisoners (except, maybe, Ozotto) were gathered in prison planet by Fu, as he is also the one who created the place. Fu can open rift and travel through dimensions, he brought Cooler there.

Well, since It seems you want to talk about explanation, or the lack of it, then let's talk:

• How the hell was Dende able to realize Beerus is a god but Piccolo (who realized who Kaioshin of East was back in the 25º World Martial Arts Tournament) was not?
• How the hell was Freeza able to surpass Goku in such a short time after his resurrection?
• What the hell is Super Saiyan Rage?
• What the hell were a Yadorat and a Tsufurujin doing in Universe 2 team in Universe Survival saga?
• How is it possible that if one day passes in the present, one day passes in the future as well?
• Why the hell have not Trunks and Marron aged yet?
• Why is planet Vegeta blue in Dragon Ball Super: Broly when it should have been red?

you did not answer me but anyway

that are gathered by fuu I know ... and we can assume that he brought them from different times etc
because cooler has the golden?
How did he get it? cooler, his know what frieza has this form? frieza of his temporary line also had it? why does vegeta know it?
zamasu was deleted by zeno how is he there?
Why do you have that in the eye?
about powel levels I do not speak there is no need of mention

piccolo is no longer god but dende now it is
It is said than frieza is of a privileged race that has evolved for years besides being born more powerful than his father without ever having to training
The Tsufurujin are not canon and as such their race is not mentioned can be a race that is called the same and has nothing to do
what about trunks was not explained ok but perhaps the ssj berserker of goku if he did? and anyway trunks has been training for years and shortly before with his father
Yadorat would be a minor problem since as such you never know any character of this race
Have you ever explained how much time you spent from one time to another? in z
in the anime never mention that they spent the 4 years in the buu arc
Was the color of the planet vegeta ever seen in the canon?

about trunks was not explained ok but the ssj berserker of goku if he did? and anyway trunks has been training for years and shortly before with his father
it seems to me that we do not understand the problem one things of having some errors that can have them z, super and gt
another thing is to mix all different continuities in one without taking into account how different they were handled
cumber has the golden ozaru because it has it and apparently the ssj3 is something that was made in gt but in heroes does not explain why it has it
Grimlock wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:but if you have to resort to several sources to know what happens then we have a problem
The arcade is the main version of all Heroes stories, the anime and manga are merely adaptations done by different entities. You don't need to resort to several sources if you pay attention at least to the arcade.
and as far as I know about that, it's not that they explain much to you either

FrioPolar

Post by FrioPolar » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:00 am

Tai Lung wrote: Are you criticizing the protagonist's winning? dude that you can criticize all previous arcs in z
it matters because each one showed a special ability or secret weapon that could or could not give the victory or advantage blackhole, poison, freeze, anilaza, created dimensions, superspeed or illusions
vegeta and toppo
gohan and 17

That has nothing to do with a character coming out of nowhere and know of vegeta when he not should ..
bad comparisons ..

-because he knows that goku starts by trying out his adverarios, he should already know what he has done many times like with yakon
- They have special abilities poison, black hole, super speed illusions, freezing, you can win by more quantity etc etc
-energy saving and it is forbidden to kill even if it is an accident that sumale that gohan prefers to contain
they overcome his problems with the excuse of breaking their limits and anyway is it could be criticized to goku in namek

It is not criticized that they win, it is criticized that they do it so easily and that only a few characters of the tournament are a real challenge.
Most fights only lasted more than a few seconds because Goku or another fighter was unnecessarily holding back.
But it did not matter to see their abilities because they were totally irrelevant characters that did not do anything useful.
Are these all the interactions you can name? It keeps what I said, most of the fighters of the other Universes did not have an interesting interaction with the protagonists or with anyone.

-If already in SS1 they were stronger than them it is ridiculous that they need the SSBlue to defeat them quickly and Bergamo was not using their skill in the tournament.

-Without meaning, it exhausts them more to be in normal form taking damage than to transform and defeat the opponent in a second.

-If they are trying to save energy, why does Goku use SSBLUE against opponents he does not need?

Goku even used the SSBLUE to kick Super Ribrianne, and then she was defeated in a more powerful transformation by Android 18.

-But he also knows how strong Goku is and that, therefore, when he starts to be serious, he will easily eliminate them.

The warriors of Universe 9 thought they could win against Goku and Vegeta, but they had already seen what Goku was capable of before the tournament.

Special skills that must realize that will not be useful due to the immense power of Goku or Jiren.

-In the episode of the sniper Gohan remains in normal form even when Piccolo has been stripped of three arms.

In a dangerous situation like that and Gohan still prefers to save energy?

-Do not justify one mistake with another, it does not make sense that Vegeta recovers so quickly.

I find it very funny how really critical you are with Dragon Ball Heroes, but at the same time you justify everything to Dragon Ball Super.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:11 pm

FrioPolar wrote:
Tai Lung wrote: Are you criticizing the protagonist's winning? dude that you can criticize all previous arcs in z
vegeta and toppo
gohan and 17

bad comparisons ..

It is not criticized that they win, it is criticized that they do it so easily and that only a few characters of the tournament are a real challenge.
Most fights only lasted more than a few seconds because Goku or another fighter was unnecessarily holding back.
But it did not matter to see their abilities because they were totally irrelevant characters that did not do anything useful.
Are these all the interactions you can name? It keeps what I said, most of the fighters of the other Universes did not have an interesting interaction with the protagonists or with anyone.

-If already in SS1 they were stronger than them it is ridiculous that they need the SSBlue to defeat them quickly and Bergamo was not using their skill in the tournament.

-Without meaning, it exhausts them more to be in normal form taking damage than to transform and defeat the opponent in a second.

-If they are trying to save energy, why does Goku use SSBLUE against opponents he does not need?

Goku even used the SSBLUE to kick Super Ribrianne, and then she was defeated in a more powerful transformation by Android 18.

-But he also knows how strong Goku is and that, therefore, when he starts to be serious, he will easily eliminate them.

The warriors of Universe 9 thought they could win against Goku and Vegeta, but they had already seen what Goku was capable of before the tournament.

Special skills that must realize that will not be useful due to the immense power of Goku or Jiren.

-In the episode of the sniper Gohan remains in normal form even when Piccolo has been stripped of three arms.

In a dangerous situation like that and Gohan still prefers to save energy?

-Do not justify one mistake with another, it does not make sense that Vegeta recovers so quickly.

I find it very funny how really critical you are with Dragon Ball Heroes, but at the same time you justify everything to Dragon Ball Super.
they are not irrelevant because they would have defeat goku or jiren if they had caught them tired or time of adequate distraction.
Anilaza almost out to 17
black hole affected goku until he recovered from fatigue breaking his limits
jiren lost it because he was too tired to face frieza or goku
it is not maintained because you said none, they had to not have them all do not change the point especially with respect to the protegonists that includes development of part that several of them
-I could have used it, there is not much that says no if lavender uses its poison
- that does not change the one that has been explained ... the matter several times now that you do not like the explanation is something else
-the transformation of blue does not tire so much if only for a few moments at least that says in his fight with dyspo
-not necessarily when goku get serious, you could support them or retire
-they thought they would have a chance while goku did not transform, they also had lavender's poison to reduce it, remember that gohan could not be transformed with poison
-they in principle / gohan and piccolo) did not know where the attacks come from
-It's what you're doing, giving me this whole list ... lol
In any case, I do not invent anything, I justify many times the loss of fatigue with the overcoming of its limits and, in any case, I defeat it easily.

what you do not understand or do not want to understand is that a series can have errors z, super and gt have them
I did not say do not

Another thing is to mix characters of different continuity and then pretend that they always existed with transformations of different continuity. Do not you realize the consequences of mixing continuities that were handled with different logic? they are just a bunch of characters and continuities with almost no explanation

all those explanations were given mostly do not blame me if you do not realize them
I find it quite funny because many of those comparisons have nothing to do with what I say ...
example
if in super, garlick jr and goku says "I know you!" we would be talking about a very serious error