In regards to fusions and genetics

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

In regards to fusions and genetics

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:21 pm

Say Vegito or Gogeta for the sake of the arguement, get bulma or chi chi pregnant and defuse, does this mean that the child has 2 dads, or a dad who only exists for 30 minutes at a time?

If Gogeta has a kid with Chi Chi and Vegito with Bulma, are they half siblings, or does the difference in Gogeta and Vegito make them not related in the same way as Vegito being the only fusion involved? What do we even call this relation?

If Kefla gets pregnant and defuses, are both and Caulifla pregnant? what happens if they re fuse in this time?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: in regards to fusions and genetics?

Post by Lionel » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:46 pm

Genetically, the child conceived by the fusion that's living inside of their mother's womb would possess genetic material from both Goku and Vegeta as the fusion is comprised of both beings melded into one (maybe 50% Bulma or Chichi, 25% Goku, and 25% Vegeta). It's a complicated socio-genetic question to ask. Both Saiyans would share a genetic link to the child but do they share in the responsibility of rearing it? I'm guessing whoever the mother is would be the determining factor. I assume the other would still hold a protective considerate disposition towards the child regardless, though.

In this scenario, both children share in the amalgamated DNA of a fused parent. Despite the varying fusion methods, both fusions are still made of the same components. They would still classify as biological half-siblings, but you're talking about a bizarre legalistic quagmire that's never been heard of before.

I assume the child's biology either disappears or is disassembled between the two fusees.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: in regards to fusions and genetics?

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:45 am

Lionel wrote:Genetically, the child conceived by the fusion that's living inside of their mother's womb would possess genetic material from both Goku and Vegeta as the fusion is comprised of both beings melded into one (maybe 50% Bulma or Chichi, 25% Goku, and 25% Vegeta). It's a complicated socio-genetic question to ask. Both Saiyans would share a genetic link to the child but do they share in the responsibility of rearing it? I'm guessing whoever the mother is would be the determining factor. I assume the other would still hold a protective considerate disposition towards the child regardless, though.

In this scenario, both children share in the amalgamated DNA of a fused parent. Despite the varying fusion methods, both fusions are still made of the same components. They would still classify as biological half-siblings, but you're talking about a bizarre legalistic quagmire that's never been heard of before.

I assume the child's biology either disappears or is disassembled between the two fusees.
I figured theyd be some kind of mix like that, but does that mean the child is close to a half sibling to Goten and Trunks if it were Gogeta/Vegito?

I assume in the Kefla case both of them could be pregnant? I'd be surprised if this doesnt end up being subject to a fanfic/doujin eventually....