Mr. Master Roshi Chucking The Electric Rice Cooker Containing Piccolo Daimaō Into A Volcanic Pit...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 2713
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Mr. Master Roshi Chucking The Electric Rice Cooker Containing Piccolo Daimaō Into A Volcanic Pit...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:28 pm

If in an alternate reality of Dragon Ball, the Turtle Hermit had thrown the Electric Rice Cooker housing the likes of the infamous Piccolo Daimaō into a pit full of lava, would Piccolo Daimaō have survived?

User avatar
Regarder
Regular
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:04 pm

Re: Mr. Master Roshi Chucking The Electric Rice Cooker Containing Piccolo Daimaō Into A Volcanic Pit...

Post by Regarder » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:If in an alternate reality of Dragon Ball, the Turtle Hermit had thrown the Electric Rice Cooker housing the likes of the infamous Piccolo Daimaō into a pit full of lava, would Piccolo Daimaō have survived?
It would have melted the container freeing Piccolo from whatever dimension is inside, and then Piccolo would return to normal size and freedom (horrible, horrible freedom) in the middle of lava. Based on manga logic he should survive this, but anime logic has filler where flames and lava are at least a threat to characters vastly stronger. Still, even if lava could cook him, I don't see why he couldn't just blast it all away from him (which is what I vaguely recall Goku doing in Frieza arc filler) or fly out of quickly. Either way he should be more or less fine even if he has some ouchie burns. Doing that would be a mistake.

User avatar
Lionel
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:54 am

Re: Mr. Master Roshi Chucking The Electric Rice Cooker Containing Piccolo Daimaō Into A Volcanic Pit...

Post by Lionel » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:36 pm

Molten lava's temperatures are too extreme for anything to survive short of having an insulator protecting you and only being in momentary contact with the substance. Piccolo Daimou's flesh and muscles would quickly carbonise before he even realises where he is. Best case scenario for him is that he uses the quickly melting rice cooker to springboard himself out with severe 4th degree burns across his body. It's quite possible that he would survive but the pain would probably be excruciating.

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5692
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Mr. Master Roshi Chucking The Electric Rice Cooker Containing Piccolo Daimaō Into A Volcanic Pit...

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:38 pm

I think he would just fly out before he could really be hurt.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
Regarder
Regular
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:04 pm

Re: Mr. Master Roshi Chucking The Electric Rice Cooker Containing Piccolo Daimaō Into A Volcanic Pit...

Post by Regarder » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:50 pm

Lionel wrote:Molten lava's temperatures are too extreme for anything to survive short of having an insulator protecting you and only being in momentary contact with the substance. Piccolo Daimou's flesh and muscles would quickly carbonise before he even realises where he is. Best case scenario for him is that he uses the quickly melting rice cooker to springboard himself out with severe 4th degree burns across his body. It's quite possible that he would survive but the pain would probably be excruciating.
I don't know if he's as weak to lava as a normal living being, but like I mentioned, filler shows it being dangerous, but how dangerous I don't know. Maybe at that level lava is to him what bath water that's too hot would be to us. As to why lava can hurt these characters at all, maybe we can ignore the anime only stuff. If you want to accept it, an in-universe explanation is that ki is easier to block with other ki than a hot viscous fluid like lava is.

User avatar
Lionel
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1593
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:54 am

Re: Mr. Master Roshi Chucking The Electric Rice Cooker Containing Piccolo Daimaō Into A Volcanic Pit...

Post by Lionel » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:08 pm

Regarder wrote:
Lionel wrote:Molten lava's temperatures are too extreme for anything to survive short of having an insulator protecting you and only being in momentary contact with the substance. Piccolo Daimou's flesh and muscles would quickly carbonise before he even realises where he is. Best case scenario for him is that he uses the quickly melting rice cooker to springboard himself out with severe 4th degree burns across his body. It's quite possible that he would survive but the pain would probably be excruciating.
I don't know if he's as weak to lava as a normal living being, but like I mentioned, filler shows it being dangerous, but how dangerous I don't know. Maybe at that level lava is to him what bath water that's too hot would be to us. As to why lava can hurt these characters at all, maybe we can ignore the anime only stuff. If you want to accept it, an in-universe explanation is that ki is easier to block with other ki than a hot viscous fluid like lava is.
Well heat operates on a very fundamental physical level. It's basically the continual motion of molecules and atoms via a means of energy transference such as mechanical to thermal energy, right? For Daimou to be immune to this process implies that the thermal energy of the lava isn't even capable of transferring itself to his atoms. What kind of implications does that have for him then? If the ki encompassing his body is repelling any and all types of external biological interaction with the environmental conditions that's of a lesser quality than his ki then the air molecules that he breathes in and the photons from the sunlight above shouldn't be helping to maintain his body. In effect, he wouldn't even be able to see thanks to the ki blocking the photons from entering his optical receptors. Although it's my opinion that the fighter's weakpoints are areas such as the eyes and ears because they don't necessarily have the same coating as much of the rest of the body. If they did then they couldn't breath or see unless their ki operates like an arbitrary filtration system for these things or something.

Post Reply