Super Saiyan Blue Evolution vs Broly

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Travis Touchdown
Regular

Super Saiyan Blue Evolution vs Broly

Post by Travis Touchdown » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:24 am

I’m sorry if this has already been discussed but I didn’t see any threads on this. If there are any, please point me in the right direction.

Does Vegeta’s Super Saiyan Blue Evolution work in the same way as Goku’s Ultra Instinct? Can he not do it anymore? I admit I haven’t seen the film yet, but I’ve yet to see anyone talk about Vegeta using it against Broly. It doesn’t make sense to me that Vegeta would willingly get pummeled when he has another form to use that could trump, or at least close the gap with Broly.
"Hey girlfriend, why don't you throw a few more punches? Afraid you might break a nail or somethin?"
Ken - Street Fighter II

Xeogran
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Re: Super Saiyan Blue Evolution vs Broly

Post by Xeogran » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:26 am

Since this movie script was Toriyama written, and the form was purely Toei, it explains why Vegeta hasn't used it.

We should wait for DBS 2's movie retelling to see how the form would fare against Broly :lol: