Members of the Goku Alliance (or “Z Fighters”, if you want to call them that)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Members of the Goku Alliance (or “Z Fighters”, if you want to call them that)

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:25 am

I’ve seen a few forums arguing who is a “Z Fighter”, and who is not.

Dragon Ball is supposed to be about Goku fighting against the various threats in the story. The serious antagonists in the original Dragon Ball manga are King Piccolo, Vegeta, Freeza, Cell, and Evil Boo.

Goku fought King Piccolo and Cell alone. Goku technically fought Vegeta alone too, since Krillin and Gohan returned to the battlefield after Oozaru Vegeta rendered Goku unable to fight.

However, Piccolo, Gohan, and Krillin aided Goku in his fight against Freeza, during the gathering of energy for the Spirit Bomb. And Vegeta, Good Boo, and Mr. Satan aided Goku in his fight against Evil Boo, also during the gathering of energy for the Spirit Bomb. So we have a total of six characters who aided Goku in a fight against a serious antagonist.

The “Z Fighters” isn’t an official organization, it’s just another term for Goku and the characters who contributed some aid to him in his fights against serious antagonists (more like the “Goku Alliance”) through attacking these antagonists.

Goku, Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo, Vegeta, Good Boo, and Mr. Satan would be the members of the Goku Alliance (or “Z Fighters”, if you wish to call it that).

Chiaotzu, Tien, Yamcha, Goten, Present Trunks, and Future Trunks would not be members, because they never aided Goku in a fight against a serious antagonist.

But if you include Dragon Ball Super, then Future Trunks would count as a member, because he aided Goku in his fight against two of Super’s serious antagonists, the Zamasu of Future Trunks’ timeline and the Zamasu of the original unaltered main (present) timeline.

Future Zeno would be a member as well, because when Goku wasn’t able to defeat Fusion Zamasu after the latter became the sky, Future Zeno defeated the sky version of Fusion Zamasu by erasing him, thus aiding Goku. Goku fought the rest of Super’s serious antagonists, Beerus and Freeza alone.

So, the members of the Goku Alliance/“Z Fighters” would be:

Goku
Gohan
Krillin
Piccolo
Vegeta
Good Boo
Mr. Satan

*Future Trunks
*Future Zeno

These seven (or nine, if Super is included) members would be considered the heroes of Dragon Ball (and Super, if you include it)

As for who would be considered the villains of Dragon Ball (and Super, if you include it), they would be:

King Piccolo
Freeza
Cell
Evil Boo

*Zamasu (this includes the Zamasu from Future Trunks’ timeline and the one from the original unaltered main timeline)

Vegeta was not listed as a villain because he’s fought alongside Goku for most of the original Dragon Ball manga (and all of Super). Beerus was not listed as a villain either because for most of Super, he was friends with Goku. This does not change the fact that Vegeta and Beerus were serious antagonists at one point. But being a serious antagonist is not always the same thing as being a villain.

*=if Dragon Ball Super is included
Last edited by Rebel_Yeh on Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Members of the Goku Alliance (or “Z Fighters”, if you want to call them that)

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:12 am

Whis aided Goku against Freeza and Mr. Satan helped against Boo, and I would count Jiren as a serious antagonist considering the universe was on the line, adding 17 and Freeza then.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Members of the Goku Alliance (or “Z Fighters”, if you want to call them that)

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:18 am

Future Zeno isn't a member of the "Z Fighters". I think that's a stretch. He didn't erase Infinite Zamasu because he wanted to aid Goku, he just erased him because:

A) Somehow, he thought that Zamasu was annoying;
B) He didn't like the fact that the world had become so ugly.

In fact, Zeno would have erased Goku and his friends too, he didn't give a shit. That's why Goku freaked out and yelled at everyone to get out of there before it was too late.

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:37 am

"Goku alliance" in DB consisted of Goku, Kinto'un, Bluma, Kurilin, Yamucha, Pu'erh, and Oolong. Affiliate/associate members included Muten Roshi, Umigame, Tenshinhan, Chaozu, Yajirobee, Karin, Upa, and Grandpa Gohan. Other allies include Uranai Baba, Gyuu-mao, Chi Chi, Kami, Popo, Bora, 8, and Arale.

"Z Fighters" included Goku, Gohan, Piccolo Jr, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Chaozu, and Kurilin. Future members were Vegeta, Future Trunks, Goten, and Trunks. Associate members included Bluma, Yajirobe, and Dende. Future associate members were King Kai, Shin, Kibito, Videl, Mr Satan, Gotenks, Paikuhan, Nail, 18, and 16.

GT "Warriors/alliance" consisted of Goku, Trunks, and Pan. Associate members were Uub, Vegeta, and Piccolo. Other allies included Gohan, Goten, Bluma, Chi Chi, Bra, Mr Satan, Mr Boo, Dende, Yajirobee, Karin, Popo, Tenshinhan, Yamucha, Chaozu, Puerh, Muten Roshi, Videl, Kurilin, Marron, 18, Kibitokai, and Shenlong.

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:18 pm

TenshinFan wrote:"Goku alliance" in DB consisted of Goku, Kinto'un, Bluma, Kurilin, Yamucha, Pu'erh, and Oolong. Affiliate/associate members included Muten Roshi, Umigame, Tenshinhan, Chaozu, Yajirobee, Karin, Upa, and Grandpa Gohan. Other allies include Uranai Baba, Gyuu-mao, Chi Chi, Kami, Popo, Bora, 8, and Arale.

"Z Fighters" included Goku, Gohan, Piccolo Jr, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Chaozu, and Kurilin. Future members were Vegeta, Future Trunks, Goten, and Trunks. Associate members included Bluma, Yajirobe, and Dende. Future associate members were King Kai, Shin, Kibito, Videl, Mr Satan, Gotenks, Paikuhan, Nail, 18, and 16.

GT "Warriors/alliance" consisted of Goku, Trunks, and Pan. Associate members were Uub, Vegeta, and Piccolo. Other allies included Gohan, Goten, Bluma, Chi Chi, Bra, Mr Satan, Mr Boo, Dende, Yajirobee, Karin, Popo, Tenshinhan, Yamucha, Chaozu, Puerh, Muten Roshi, Videl, Kurilin, Marron, 18, Kibitokai, and Shenlong.
“Goku Alliance” is the term I use for the “Z Fighters”. Only characters who aided the franchise’s protagonist (Goku) in his fights against the serious antagonists of the original Dragon Ball manga (and, if you wish to include it, the Dragon Ball Super anime) by hurting or attacking these antagonists should rightfully be called members. So that means Tien, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu should not be called members. Future Trunks is a member unless you exclude Dragon Ball Super.

I don’t think Mr. Satan is a member. Yes, he attacks Kid Boo before getting punched in the nose in the DBZ anime, but I think that was filler. If I recall correctly, he doesn’t hurt or attack Kid Boo in the original DB manga, he just talks down to him before getting punched in the nose.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:26 pm

Rebel_Yeh wrote:but I think that was filler
So was Duplicate Vegeta tbh
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:20 pm

I doubt very much that anyone who helps Goku and his friends is fighter Z in any case could be too many

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Yeah the Z Fighters aren't a official organization like the Avengers or the Justice League. It's just Goku and company training around and looking for a good fight.

Honestly, I think the Z Fighters kinda disbanded after the Cell Saga. Most of the guys went in separate ways, and nowadays it's basically Goku and Vegeta doing the stuff, with some occasional help from Piccolo and some others.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:58 am

TenshinFan wrote:"Goku alliance" in DB consisted of Goku, Kinto'un, Bluma, Kurilin, Yamucha, Pu'erh, and Oolong. Affiliate/associate members included Muten Roshi, Umigame, Tenshinhan, Chaozu, Yajirobee, Karin, Upa, and Grandpa Gohan. Other allies include Uranai Baba, Gyuu-mao, Chi Chi, Kami, Popo, Bora, 8, and Arale.

I agree with this.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:32 pm

I reread the manga chapter with Mr. Satan and Evil Boo. Mr. Satan does indeed attack Evil Boo when the latter starts strangling Good Boo. So this makes Mr. Satan a member. I updated the original list.

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Post by PacificOceanDub » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:40 pm

I’ve always liked the term “Earth’s Special Forces”.
To list every member would take forever, as it’s always changing. I’m my opinion, the members are anyone who is ready and willing to put their lives on the line when disaster strikes, no matter how much or how little they actually contribute in the end. So for instance, when Nappa & Vegeta arrive, it would consist of:

Goku
Gohan
Piccolo
Kuririn
Tenshinhan
Chaozu
Yamcha

And during the Cell Games, it’s:
Goku
Gohan
Piccolo
Kuririn
Vegeta
Trunks
Tenshinhan
Yamcha
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:09 pm

Not sure why "has to land a punch on Freeza, Cell, or Boo" is the gospel parameter for this definition. Does Yajirobee count for helping defeat Vegeta?

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:12 pm

TenshinFan wrote:Does Yajirobee count for helping defeat Vegeta?
Yajirobe doesn’t count because by the time he cut off Vegeta’s tail, Goku’s fight with Vegeta was technically over due to Goku being unconscious and no longer able to fight.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:43 am

The closest thing to an official team roster is the Universe 7 ToP team - which includes Freeza.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:23 pm

I mean I don't care personally for a "set definition", such as they have to have physically harmed/ been harmed by the main villain whilst assisting Goku. We all know who Goku's friends/ allies are.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.