Who Should Return Or Be Canonized Next?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Re: Who Should Return Or Be Canonized Next?

Post by ZodiacBeast » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:19 pm

I think it would be neat to have some kind of "special series" that reworks movies 1-13 to fit in with the canon. Some wouldn't even need that much work, like Cooler 1. It'd be weird because of Broly, but it would also be weird to leave him out.

I admit that it's a hard sell. People would be told to just watch the movies and use their imaginations.

I'd also like to see SSJ4, Baby and the Shadow Dragons.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:58 pm

ZodiacBeast wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:19 pm I think it would be neat to have some kind of "special series" that reworks movies 1-13 to fit in with the canon. Some wouldn't even need that much work, like Cooler 1. It'd be weird because of Broly, but it would also be weird to leave him out.
I like the idea of introducing villains that are too weak to challenge Goku/Vegeta because it would push other characters into the spotlight. (A movie where Trunks goes head to head against Cooler sounds really promising to me.) But that also makes it near impossible that this will happen. If movie villains like Android 13 are suddenly powerful enough to challenge a Super Saiyan God that will really paint the upper realms in a bad light. And we know pretty definitively that the franchise isn't interested in pushing content that doesn't feature Goku in a prominent role.

So as much as I like this idea I just don't see it happening :(
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:24 am

ZodiacBeast wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:19 pm I think it would be neat to have some kind of "special series" that reworks movies 1-13 to fit in with the canon. Some wouldn't even need that much work, like Cooler 1. It'd be weird because of Broly, but it would also be weird to leave him out.

I admit that it's a hard sell. People would be told to just watch the movies and use their imaginations.

An anthology series reworking the movies and the three arcs in GT would be awesome. Probably one of the best ideas i've read on this site.

I would miss the animation from the old movies though. The garlic jr movie looks so cool. Shenron looks huge, garlic jr has these muted colors that make him look demonic when transformed, and the fight scenes just look buttery smooth.

TheSeductiveTomato
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheSeductiveTomato » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:25 am

I've posted these ideas on other threads, but Janemba could be a failed reincarnation of Buu and defeating him will lead to a proper reincarnation and the birth of Uub. F. Trunks could have his own spinoff movie where Androids 13-15 appear as the villains.

Even Broly could work if you combine World's Strongest and Bio-Broly. Dr. Kochin takes control of Broly, Cheelai, and the other dude and turns them into bio-warriors similar to Piccolo being possessed. Krillin, Gohan, and Piccolo are replaced by Trunks, Goten, and Vegeta.

Garlic Jr. attacks the lookout and mistakes Dende for a young Kami, thinking he, like Piccolo, wished for youth or something. Ideally this would be set after Goku runs off with Uub so he's not around. This would be a good arc for Piccolo to get some proper spotlight and Pan would get to take down her first baddie, since Gohan is now too old.

Turles could be reworked as an alternate timeline Goku. Instead of being sent to Earth, Bardock sends him off with Raditz and Vegeta and is influenced by Vegeta's cold-heartedness. Somehow Goku and Raditz become more powerful than Vegeta, betray him and Nappa, and start their own band of space pirates.

Lord Slug is just King Piccolo so he can be omitted for all I care. Bojack and Wrath of Dragon fit fairly well as is so they can be flashback villains. I guess that just leaves Cooler, who's been staying lowkey since Frieza and King Cold were killed but decided to resurface after finding out that Frieza has been resurrected. Turns out he's been spending his downtime raising his power, achieving golden form and even surpassing it (so basically his 5th form from the movie but painted chrome, in homage to Meta-Cooler)

GT could simply be retold if we ever get past the EoZ.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:53 am

I really need to see Future Trunks becoming a patrolman just so he can finally get some closure
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:08 pm

dbs fanboy wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:53 am I really need to see Future Trunks becoming a patrolman just so he can finally get some closure
The Goku Black arc should have featured Chronoa and have F.Trunks joining Time Patrol.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:19 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:08 pm
dbs fanboy wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:53 am I really need to see Future Trunks becoming a patrolman just so he can finally get some closure
The Goku Black arc should have featured Chronoa and have F.Trunks joining Time Patrol.
It would also be a much better ending than him just going to another timeline, they could even pull a heroes (but you know, good) and kickstarts the arc with Trunks being arrested for his time- related crimes
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Grimlock wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:24 am I have watched Movie 1 just once a long time ago and haven't finished his saga, so can you tell me what's the connection between Demon Realm and Garlic Junior?
IIRC, Makyans are demons (hence the name "Makyo"). I suppose I assumed that meant that their origin is in the Demon Realm, which makes sense to me.

I believe I've already mentioned my thoughts that the movies are just situations that didn't play out in the main timeline, right? And that all of the aforementioned characters might even still be around but never had the chance to encounter the senshi.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.