Do You Think Chilled Was Weaker Than Frieza?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Do You Think Chilled Was Weaker Than Frieza?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:28 pm

Having debuted in Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock, Chilled, a close relative of Frieza himself, was shown to be beaten by a Super Saiyan, but was Chilled really weaker than his descendants?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Do You Think Chilled Was Weaker Than Frieza?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:04 pm

Most likely. He didn't seem to have multiple forms, for one thing.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:17 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Chilled, a close relative of Frieza himself,
*Distant relative/ancestor.

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NewKakarot » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:45 pm

Definitely. Bardock was far weaker than Goku and Vegeta were during the Freeza Arc. Hate to use power levels, but at this point in the series they were valid: Bardock has a power level close to 10,000 in his base form (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going by memory), so giving him the Super Saiyan Multiplier puts him at 500,000. That's lower than Freeza's 530,000 in his first form. In his "final form", Freeza stands at 120,000,000. So yeah, I don't think Chilled comes close to his knee in terms of power.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:52 pm

NewKakarot wrote:Definitely. Bardock was far weaker than Goku and Vegeta were during the Freeza Arc. Hate to use power levels, but at this point in the series they were valid: Bardock has a power level close to 10,000 in his base form (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going by memory), so giving him the Super Saiyan Multiplier puts him at 500,000. That's lower than Freeza's 530,000 in his first form. In his "final form", Freeza stands at 120,000,000. So yeah, I don't think Chilled comes close to his knee in terms of power.
Bardock likely got a zenkai after recovering in the past from Freeza's attack. So his PL should have been higher than 10,000 at that point. But I would think it couldn't be any higher than 50,000 at maximum, which would still make his SSJ form only 2,500,000.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:53 pm

Absolutely.
He was stomped by a ssj bardock much,much weaker than the goku that faced freezer

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:35 pm

Not to sound rude but did this question really need a thread? Toriyama already said that among all members of Freeza race, only Freeza and King Cold possessed abnormal power level. That obviously already tells you that Chilled (and everyone else not named "King Cold" or "Freeza") is weaker than Freeza.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:34 am

Grimlock wrote:Not to sound rude but did this question really need a thread? Toriyama already said that among all members of Freeza race, only Freeza and King Cold possessed abnormal power level. That obviously already tells you that Chilled (and everyone else not named "King Cold" or "Freeza") is weaker than Freeza.
Well to be fair he probably was only thinking of official characters that are part of his canon, not characters like Chilled and Cooler.