Is there an accurate reading of power levels (DBS movie)?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cobra

Is there an accurate reading of power levels (DBS movie)?

Post by Cobra » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:17 pm

Just saying,because I've wanted to know how much is the DBS Broly's power level is and the others.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Is there an accurate reading of power levels?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:00 am

Power levels were mentioned in the movie but only for weaker characters like Paragus.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:53 pm

This Is completely up to one's mindset. There isn't any official power level for broly from dbs. I could tell you mine, but I don't garantee they you will be OK with my power levels

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:50 pm

The characters that were given power levels in the movie are:

Paragus: 4200
Baby Broly: 920
Generic Saiyan sniper: 2,000
Beet: <920

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:13 pm

PFM18 wrote:The characters that were given power levels in the movie are:

It should be noted also that Paragus' PL was given when he was old (which could mean it was either higher in his prime, or lower, since he spent decades fighting for survival and honing his skills) and Broly's power was fluctuating.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:09 pm

Cobra wrote:Just saying,because I've wanted to know how much is the DBS Broly's power level is and the others.
Commented about it here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42735&p=1576007#p1576007

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:34 pm

Doctor. wrote:
PFM18 wrote:The characters that were given power levels in the movie are:

It should be noted also that Paragus' PL was given when he was old (which could mean it was either higher in his prime, or lower, since he spent decades fighting for survival and honing his skills) and Broly's power was fluctuating.
Yes, Paragus was measured as an old man, and depending on how much age related degeneration and training and surviving he did, it could be higher or lower than 4200.

But no, Broly's reading of 920 wasn't when it was fluctuating related to his anger. He was scanned to be 920 when he was just chillin' eating alien spiders.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:24 pm

The scouter’s number can actually be read if you look at it. Broly’s power level was measured at 999,999 before the scouter stopped working. So all we know is base Broly while not fighting is at least 100k but most likely a lot more.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:59 pm

dragon boss z wrote:The scouter’s number can actually be read if you look at it. Broly’s power level was measured at 999,999 before the scouter stopped working. So all we know is base Broly while not fighting is at least 100k but most likely a lot more.
Wasn't 530'000 the highest number a scouter could measure? Freezer said that during the namecc saga or am I remembering wrong?

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:11 pm

p-hyvo wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:The scouter’s number can actually be read if you look at it. Broly’s power level was measured at 999,999 before the scouter stopped working. So all we know is base Broly while not fighting is at least 100k but most likely a lot more.
Wasn't 530'000 the highest number a scouter could measure? Freezer said that during the namecc saga or am I remembering wrong?
Frieza said his power level was 530,000. We don’t know how it was measured, it could have been a more powerful scouter or machine.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:35 pm

p-hyvo wrote:
He never indicated that 530,000 was the highest a scouter could read, but rather suggests that his battle power in his second form was beyond what a machine could register (or at least that he never had it registered).
Freeza: "At any rate, my power is excessive. Perhaps I've overdone it... Kukkukku... Incidentally, if [my strength] were put into battle power, it would be over 1,000,000, surely..."

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:43 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:
Frieza said his power level was 530,000. We don’t know how it was measured, it could have been a more powerful scouter or machine.
I remember Freezer's scouter exploding when trying to measure vegeta's strength when him and freerer were fighting on namecc, and in that instance Vegeta was ≥freezer

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:20 pm

p-hyvo wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
p-hyvo wrote: Wasn't 530'000 the highest number a scouter could measure? Freezer said that during the namecc saga or am I remembering wrong?
I remember Freezer's scouter exploding when trying to measure vegeta's strength when him and freerer were fighting on namecc, and in that instance Vegeta was ≥freezer
No, Vegeta was still probably weaker than first form Frieza at that point. Frieza only transformed because Vegeta asked him to.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:22 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:
dragon boss z wrote: Frieza said his power level was 530,000. We don’t know how it was measured, it could have been a more powerful scouter or machine.
No, Vegeta was still probably weaker than first form Frieza at that point. Frieza only transformed because Vegeta asked him to.
They really seemed close in power in that instance

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:36 pm

The whole thing with scouters exploding from high power levels, while it is dramatic and serves to emphasize the power of characters well, doesn't really fit with what we know about electronics and scientific measurement scales, even in-universe.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:22 pm

I’m only curious about what exactly the scouter measured when Planet Vegeta was destroyed? Was it the sum of all battle powers or the sum of all the readings?

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:23 pm

p-hyvo wrote: They really seemed close in power in that instance
Yeah, but Vegeta was noticeably tired after their exchange while Frieza wasn't, so Frieza definitely had the advantage at that point, though Vegeta's power should have been some what relative.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:57 am

dragon boss z wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:
dragon boss z wrote: Frieza said his power level was 530,000. We don’t know how it was measured, it could have been a more powerful scouter or machine.
Frieza himself stated that his scouters can read up to 1.3 million in Resurrection 'F' (the movie). Vegeta was pretty close to Frieza's 530,000 - let's say 500,000 for sure and Frieza had transformed when he realized that Gohan and Krillin could step in for Vegeta and cause him troubles.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:39 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
p-hyvo wrote:
Frieza himself stated that his scouters can read up to 1.3 million in Resurrection 'F' (the movie). Vegeta was pretty close to Frieza's 530,000 - let's say 500,000 for sure and Frieza had transformed when he realized that Gohan and Krillin could step in for Vegeta and cause him troubles.
Frieza did not say that. He said that he could reach a power level of 1.3 million, not that scouters record up to 1.3 million. For all we know they have a machine meant for reading power levels scouters can’t. Or maybe they have a few expensive scouters that can read that high. But the ones in the Broly movie clearly hit their limit at 99,999. You can literally read the number on the screen and it only goes up to five figures.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:00 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote:
dragon boss z wrote: No, Vegeta was still probably weaker than first form Frieza at that point. Frieza only transformed because Vegeta asked him to.
Frieza did not say that. He said that he could reach a power level of 1.3 million, not that scouters record up to 1.3 million. For all we know they have a machine meant for reading power levels scouters can’t. Or maybe they have a few expensive scouters that can read that high. But the ones in the Broly movie clearly hit their limit at 99,999. You can literally read the number on the screen and it only goes up to five figures.
Indeed, which means that even Ginyu would cause a scouter to blow up.
P O W E R