Three-way fusion

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Three-way fusion

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:31 pm

Note: I know that in the Dragon Ball Fusions game, five people can fuse together, but we're just gonna talk about the main continuity, so let's ignore that game for right now, okay? We good? Cool. On to the topic at hand.

Fusions. Everybody loves them. The idea of two people fusing into one powerful warrior is something that we can't get enough of. Fusions such as Gotenks, Gogeta, Vegetto, Merged Zamasu, Kafla, they're some of the most recognizable characters in Dragon Ball Z, GT, and Super. However, one thing I've always wondered about is if fusion can expand into more than just two people, and maybe make it into three people fusing, both with Metamoran and Potara. And that's what I want to ask you guys. Do you think that's possible?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: Three-way fusion

Post by Cetra » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:39 pm

As far as I am informed there is a relatively new interview that confirms it is theoretically possible.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 pm

It probably is possible if need be, it just isn't attempted because two people are ordinarily all that is required to finish off a foe. I've always wondered if a fusion made with the potara continued to give other powerful fighters the earrings and everyone kept fusing that way until you have a lone being made up of a dozen fighters, the fusion time might be very limited in such a situation but that kind of fighter would only need a minute to destroy any threat that comes it's way.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:17 pm

Cetra wrote:As far as I am informed there is a relatively new interview that confirms it is theoretically possible.
Which interview is that?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:49 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Cetra wrote:As far as I am informed there is a relatively new interview that confirms it is theoretically possible.
Which interview is that?
Need to look first.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:21 am

Cetra wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Which interview is that?
Need to look first.
It comes from one of the Q & A's he did for the Buu arc full-color manga
Q4: Can anybody perform Fusion if their body size and power are the same?

Toriyama: It’s hard, but they can!

I think it’s possible to merge no matter the conditions, as long as it all goes well. I even think it’s possible for a larger number of people. However, since it’s quite hard for both parties to strike that delicate balance, it’s very difficult for two extremely different people to fuse. In that sense, synchronized swimmers would probably be really good at Fusion. By the way, there are many different types of Fusion, and the kind Goku learned is the one for increasing battle power.
If a man and a woman fused, maybe they’d end up like a drag queen? A super-duper strong drag queen; it might be kind of interesting. I should have drawn that back during the serialization. (laughs) I kind of regret [not doing it].

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:34 am

Darkprince410 wrote:By the way, there are many different types of Fusion, and the kind Goku learned is the one for increasing battle power.
This part is interesting. It makes me wonder if there's a different fusion dance in order to create a being with greater intelligence - say Bulma and Dr. Briefs could do this and have their intellects vastly increased.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147