Tagoma's Statement about Empire Building

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Tagoma's Statement about Empire Building

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:06 pm

I just can't agree with Tagoma's statement that one builds an empire on the bones of their soldiers. Just killing them along with the enemy is reckless.

Of course I'm sure we aren't supposed to agree with Tagoma.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Tagoma's Statement about Empire Building

Post by Green_Goblin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 am

It was just said to make Tagoma look and sound vicious and cold-blooded to fit his new personality. But in general, that's the attitude of Frieza, none of his henchmen (even his loyal Ginyu Force and Generals) is really important enough for his egotistical heart.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:17 am

I disagree with the entire concept of building an empire. Regime-change and interventionist wars are wrong.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:02 pm

Hulk10 wrote:I just can't agree with Tagoma's statement that one builds an empire on the bones of their soldiers. Just killing them along with the enemy is reckless.

“All empires are forged in blood” - Konrad Curze, Primarch of the Night Lords.

He’s not really wrong. Most forms of gouverment throughout history only became as powerful as they did because they threw their warriors at the opposition. All were built on the foundations of the dead of both sides.

This the price your inevitably going to pay when you try to get other to obay you through force.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:I just can't agree with Tagoma's statement that one builds an empire on the bones of their soldiers. Just killing them along with the enemy is reckless.

He’s not really wrong. Most forms of gouverment throughout history only became as powerful as they did because they threw their warriors at the opposition. All were built on the foundations of the dead of both sides.

This the price your inevitably going to pay when you try to get other to obay you through force.
True but they didn't encourage them to kill their own comrades.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:17 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

In a very round about way you could say ordering people from your lands to attack another, knowing some of them will be killed constitutes killing your allies. Be it with your words or your own hands, they are going to die because of you.

On the subject of killing your own to get something emidiate, well Tagoma's not the first. Bojack used Zangya the same way, infact in a less effective and disgusting way. That said it really is one of the lows thing you can do, knowingly using someone who is on your side as a sacrificial decoy. Practically speaking it's never a good idea to go around doing that kind of crap unless, like Frieza, your so powerful people have to listen to you because they litarally have no other choice.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:03 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

In a very round about way you could say ordering people from your lands to attack another, knowing some of them will be killed constitutes killing your allies. Be it with your words or your own hands, they are going to die because of you.

On the subject of killing your own to get something emidiate, well Tagoma's not the first. Bojack used Zangya the same way, infact in a less effective and disgusting way. That said it really is one of the lows thing you can do, knowingly using someone who is on your side as a sacrificial decoy. Practically speaking it's never a good idea to go around doing that kind of crap unless, like Frieza, your so powerful people have to listen to you because they litarally have no other choice.
Exactly my point. Its not practical to go around personally killing your own soldiers.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Hulk10 wrote:Exactly my point. Its not practical to go around personally killing your own soldiers.
While it may not be practical if manpower & resources are low, Freeza's Empire expands across the entire Northern Galaxy so he has several worlds with populations in the billions to choose from and he can build upon their corpses all he likes.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:55 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:Exactly my point. Its not practical to go around personally killing your own soldiers.
While it may not be practical if manpower & resources are low, Freeza's Empire expands across the entire Northern Galaxy so he has several worlds with populations in the billions to choose from and he can build upon their corpses all he likes.
True but its not very sustainable.