The Problematic Nature of DB: Navigating Bodies & Spaces Within The Dragon World

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

The Problematic Nature of DB: Navigating Bodies & Spaces Within The Dragon World

Post by Makaioshin » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:43 pm

One major problem I had with Dragon Ball Super is that, in both the animated series and supplemental video game magazine comic, the character of Dende was able to drive God's Temple around as if it were a giant car. Is this something that even hinted at prior? Am I to believe that at any point prior the former God, the antithesis of Piccolo, could have just flown his giant platform around? Is this what Garlic Jr.wanted?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: The Problematic Nature of DB: Navigating Bodies & Spaces Within The Dragon World

Post by theherodjl » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:04 am

Makaioshin wrote:One major problem I had with Dragon Ball Super is that, in both the animated series and supplemental video game magazine comic, the character of Dende was able to drive God's Temple around as if it were a giant car. Is this something that even hinted at prior? Am I to believe that at any point prior the former God, the antithesis of Piccolo, could have just flown his giant platform around? Is this what Garlic Jr.wanted?
Is this really a "problem"? Kami's Temple isn't structurally connected to anything and just floats freely, the implication being that its a sort of vessel. It makes sense since the Kami of Earth needs to be able to travel where ever on the planet if they're incapable of flight through Ki.
Additionally, in the Boo arc, the temple is still levitating even after being broken to several pieces so there must be a mystical enchantment on it's mass to keep it in the air.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: