Transformations=\= fixed tiers

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Transformations=\= fixed tiers

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:02 am

Usually, In the vs thread, I see people that seems to believe that transformations are in fact tiers. And that's wrong.
Example: if people like obuni (who was low God tier at the tournament of power) would have faced goku/vegeta earlier, it's not that obvious they would have won .
Low God tier top = low blue tier (late black goku arc)>ssbkkx10 tier (champa arc)
So, if obuni had faced early super goku, he would definitely have won.
Same for maji kaiyo(took from the same post)

Same thing for god goku/vegeta : if you take the present day versions of them and you put them against some ssb tier character of past sagas, they would win
Example in God vegeta vs ssb copy vegeta.
For how the scaling works, God vegeta would stomp.
The fact that copy vegeta is ssb isn't a factor at all thanks to the difference in base form

Vertical
Beyond Newbie

Re: Transformations=\= fixed tiers

Post by Vertical » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:46 pm

That is an interesting statement you’ve made. Now all you need to do is back it up with evidence and counter any evidence that opposes your point.

For example:

Future Gohan spars against Super Saiyan Future Trunks in the manga version of Trunks’ future and is shown to have the clear advantage. This is possible evidence for your point.

Some people like to believe that God transformations specifically have a tier-like system, allowing them to ignore pre-God transformation contradictions like I gave as an example so you would have to present evidence of something similar occurring with a God transformation. A Super Saiyan being able to compete with a level that was previously only reached by a God transformation would be a good place to start.

ruler9871
Regular

Post by ruler9871 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:49 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows this.
zarmack wrote:The whole "Dragonball is only supposed to be light and funny" mentality that exist in a lot of the fandom is in many ways even dumber than the "edgeload" side of the fandom. You know, the contrarians who think DB should be a Slice-of-Life series, the folks who worship Pre-Raditz Dragonball uncritically, the folks who downplay and often flat-out deny that Dragonball is an action series, the folks who try to push that false argument that none of the serious moments in the series were mean't to be taken seriously, etc.

Dragonball doesn't have a single tone. It has both silly and serious moments, both humor and drama, just like real life. The idea that a work of fiction should be only all-comedy or all-serious is unnatural and frankly, retarded.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:39 pm

ruler9871 wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows this.
Lol
In The vs thread there is too many people that seems to have this mindset.
I could give names,but it's better to not

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:42 pm

Vertical wrote:That is an interesting statement you’ve made. Now all you need to do is back it up with evidence and counter any evidence that opposes your point.

For example:

Future Gohan spars against Super Saiyan Future Trunks in the manga version of Trunks’ future and is shown to have the clear advantage. This is possible evidence for your point.

Some people like to believe that God transformations specifically have a tier-like system, allowing them to ignore pre-God transformation contradictions like I gave as an example so you would have to present evidence of something similar occurring with a God transformation. A Super Saiyan being able to compete with a level that was previously only reached by a God transformation would be a good place to start.
I refer much more to the anime than the manga, sincerely.
Anyway, is a fact that God god I top > blue goku end of ft arc, and the thing is backed up by hit : post goku black arc goku ties with hit with ssb, and top goku "saved" hit from dyspo using God.
Uh also, in the anime ssb is God x ssj multiplier, not like the manga