So Moro Is A Retread Of Piccolo Daimao?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

So Moro Is A Retread Of Piccolo Daimao?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:54 am

Moro's an evil from the past, he's old but wants his youth & original strength, a sacrifice was required to imprison him, and now he's after the DBs. Not very original, eh? The only difference seems that Moro is also reminiscent of Galactus in that he consumes life and worlds by extension. So I guess he's Piccolo Daimao mixed with Galactus?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: So Moro Is A Retread Of Piccolo Daimao?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:47 am

Galactus consumes worlds for a reason of cosmic balance, not just to be evil. If anything he's more like Unicron.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:42 am

Kinda/sorta following Piccolo Daimao's story, except in this version the villain and turn off the hero's powers. Noone's ever been able to just turn off transformations before.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:08 am

Coola Yagami wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:42 am Kinda/sorta following Piccolo Daimao's story, except in this version the villain and turn off the hero's powers. Noone's ever been able to just turn off transformations before.
Yeah that's pretty cool. What's not cool is doing all this on Namek again and struggling to collect 3 Dragon balls. I know he doesnt have a radar but that just makes him look pathetic. He's torturing all these poor Namekians and his intimidation isn't even working. That's just sad.

I don't think he's like Daimao though. For one, he doesn't need the DBs to get younger. I think that's why people (myself included) initially compared them, thinking Moro would wish for youth. Secondly, Moro doesn't have "children". His only henchmen is the glorified taxi driver Raspbaryl or Cranbaryl, whatever his name is. And they are entirely different species, with entirely different aims ans fighting styles. Different modes of operation too. Piccolo let his children do his dirty work, but Moro does it all himself.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Coola Yagami
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Coola Yagami » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:06 am

Plus him actually using the planet and its energy against you. Reminds me a bit of FMA's alchemy with matter manipulation.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:12 pm

I'm really liking Moro so far. I definitely see parallels between him and Piccolo Daimao but his ability to block transformations is ideally going to have to make the characters think outside the box a bit. My only complaint is that I would really like to see someone else from the main cast get involved other than just Goku and Vegeta again.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:31 pm

Gligarman wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:12 pm I'm really liking Moro so far. I definitely see parallels between him and Piccolo Daimao but his ability to block transformations is ideally going to have to make the characters think outside the box a bit. My only complaint is that I would really like to see someone else from the main cast get involved other than just Goku and Vegeta again.
The way I understand it, he doesn't actually 'block transformations', but rather drains the ki from his opponents until they don't have enough left to transform.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:31 pm
Gligarman wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:12 pm I'm really liking Moro so far. I definitely see parallels between him and Piccolo Daimao but his ability to block transformations is ideally going to have to make the characters think outside the box a bit. My only complaint is that I would really like to see someone else from the main cast get involved other than just Goku and Vegeta again.
The way I understand it, he doesn't actually 'block transformations', but rather drains the ki from his opponents until they don't have enough left to transform.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. I think it could potentially make this fight particularly more interesting than usual.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Daimao's backstory with an upgraded version of Cell's/Buu's/Yakon's absorption powers. Instead of sticking someone with a tail or physically absorbing them it pretty much functions like an involuntary Spirit Bomb.

I still like him though, and I think his dynamic with that Freeza Force guy is kinda interesting.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:23 am

No, not completely anyway. He has some great powers that are exclusive to him and so far it seems that he can't be defeated through fighting. He also didn't get his youth and powers back through the dragon balls. He may have been inspired by him but that's where the similarities end. He's definitely a breath of fresh air after all the reused concepts and characters we've been getting since RF.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.