Why did the spirit bomb kill Boo but not any other attack or blast beforehand?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Why did the spirit bomb kill Boo but not any other attack or blast beforehand?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:08 am

Considering that it took persuasion from Mr. Satan to get the people of Earth to lend their energy, what are the chances that any significant amount of aliens who know nothing about this situation or any of the people involved would agree to lend theirs too?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Re: Why did the spirit bomb kill Boo but not any other attack or blast beforehand?

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:34 am

^ Fair point. Although the Earthlings refused due to what happened with Babidi's voice - thinking it's a trap -, when aliens would have no reason not to trust the voices.
However, being unaware of the situation, they would have no reason to trust it and get involved either, although a few of them might still believe it and try, depending on the nature of the various populations across the universe.

So, I guess in the end, it's mostly the Earth, Namek and the Afterlife (which include people from the whole universe at various periods of time anyway, which is likely much more than the whole living Universe 7 anyway).
However, that depends of what the Afterlife includes in the eyes of Enma: he could mean the entire staff of the Afterlife only and warriors that have kept their bodies, as souls don't have arms to lift up, and it's likely that most Hell souls wouldn't lend their energy even if they could.

Anyway, it's not important, in the end, the answer is basically that it's a massive attack including more gathered energy than usual and being big enough to engulf every single bit of the decomposing Boo until there's not a single trace of him left to regenerate.