An exhaustive, comprehensive collection of every logo & insignia throughout the Dragon Ball franchise

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

An exhaustive, comprehensive collection of every logo & insignia throughout the Dragon Ball franchise

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:28 pm

Exactly what the thread title says: if its a logo or symbol for an organization, army, empire, martial arts school, clan, individual fighter, or whatever that's appeared in ANY piece of the Dragon Ball franchise, its here. Left and middle columns are all from the original run of the series, right column are all from the newer revival material.

The aim was to be as thoroughly comprehensive as humanly possible, no matter how obscure, even if its just in a one-off filler episode or video games. I'm sure I still probably missed at least a few: in looking up emblems from Xenoverse, Online, & Heroes (there surprisingly weren't nearly as many for those as I'd have thought) I know that the characters Gravy and Putine have logos of their own that are in the same style as Demigra's, but I can't locate any decently high resolution vectors or renders of them to put here along with the others.

Apart from those however, if anyone can come up with any others I might've completely missed entirely, by all means feel free to post them and if I can I'll add them to the tally (a decently high resolution image of it would be welcome). Anyone with an encyclopedic, Herms-level memory of the series' deepest crevices and/or serviceable skill at vector making themselves is more than welcome pitch in.

http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: An exhaustive, comprehensive collection of every logo & insignia throughout the Dragon Ball franchise

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:37 pm

What about the Pride Troopers logo?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Re: An exhaustive, comprehensive collection of every logo & insignia throughout the Dragon Ball franchise

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:44 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:37 pm What about the Pride Troopers logo?
They don't seem to have one, weirdly enough. None that's been shown yet at least. Unless I'm just TOTALLY overlooking one for them somehow?

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:23 am

Kunzait_83 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:44 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:37 pm What about the Pride Troopers logo?
They don't seem to have one, weirdly enough. None that's been shown yet at least. Unless I'm just TOTALLY overlooking one for them somehow?
I remember them having one but perhaps my memory is faulty.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:42 am

Piccolo Daimao's symbol seems to be missing.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:56 am

theherodjl wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:42 am Piccolo Daimao's symbol seems to be missing.
Its there. I labeled it as "Mazoku" for his demon clan, but that is indeed it. And its the same symbol Gohan also wears on his training gi in the Saiya-jin arc.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:33 am

Great effort! It's nice to have more encyclopedic content. I'm good with vectors, by the way, not just at copying, but drawing from scratch or reference, so you can send me any icon or symbol that isn't upfront or flat. I'll do my research in videos and see them from different angles to get a feel for them. Here's one example ("designer of good prints"):

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Come to think of it, now that I can see the symbols from the clothes of all Gods of Destruction, it makes me wonder, could it be that these symbols signify some kind of ranking among them?

Like, the more decorated one's clothing, the higher their power? If so, Beerus see..s to be above most other GoDs.
P O W E R

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:22 pm

That's a really cool topic, and I'll try to contribute. How about these two?

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:46 am

Forgive the lateness of the response: been held up with a nasty flu the past week.
Desassina wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:33 am Great effort! It's nice to have more encyclopedic content. I'm good with vectors, by the way, not just at copying, but drawing from scratch or reference, so you can send me any icon or symbol that isn't upfront or flat. I'll do my research in videos and see them from different angles to get a feel for them. Here's one example ("designer of good prints"):
Awesome! Yeah, I've got at least three more that if you could make vectors for, I'll add them to the list.

The first two are the ones I mentioned before for the characters Gravy and Putine from DB Heroes & Xenoverse:

You can clearly see them on their belts there (or in Gravy's case on his... er, crotch area).

And also there's another logo for the Dragon Ball Earth's World King (apart from the "KC" one that his guards & soldiers sport). It looks more like a royal crest or seal of what appears to be a lion's head.

So yeah, if you could do these at some point, that'd be awesome. And maybe at some point after perhaps help me touch up & improve a few of the ones I already have on there.

Thanks SO much for the assistance! :thumbup: :thumbup:
SSJgogeto wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:22 pm That's a really cool topic, and I'll try to contribute. How about these two?

The first one isn't a logo or an emblem of any sort: its just a sign.

The second image, not sure if you mean the Kanji up on the wall, or the book that Yamucha's reading. Up on the wall appears to be just a common "good fortune" knick knack that's found in a ton of Japanese and Chinese homes. And on the book cover Yamucha's reading there, that's looks like its just a basic Chinese medicine chart. Both are a bit too generic and non-character specific.

Just so we're clear: all of the Kanji's that I have are generally things that characters wear on their dogi uniforms and are used to donate affiliations (with martial arts schools, clans, families, cosmic status, etc). We're not just counting EVERY single solitary appearance of Japanese or Chinese writing that's in the series down to the last background traffic sign. :P

Again, character, organization, family, or faction-specific logos, emblems, crests, or insignia's are what we're after here.

Thank you though!
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:25 pm Come to think of it, now that I can see the symbols from the clothes of all Gods of Destruction, it makes me wonder, could it be that these symbols signify some kind of ranking among them?

Like, the more decorated one's clothing, the higher their power? If so, Beerus see..s to be above most other GoDs.
Dear god no. We are NOT "power scaling" the fucking LOGOS next. Somewhere off in another thread around here, folks are actually power scaling fucking STICKERS. Like, generic-ass, rinky-dink supermarket/drugstore stickers that come in little cheap snack foods and whatnot.

I apologize to Grand Marshall if this reads like I'm snapping at him/her specifically. I'm not. I'm just making this 1000% crystal clear here: this is NOT a thread for anything even VAGUELY resembling any kind of a Power Scaling wank-a-thon. This is just fucking logos and symbols. That's it.

I swear, this "strength scaling" phenomenon in this fanbase needs to be put in mental health textbooks as a genuine fucking psychological pathology.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:26 am

Dear god no. We are NOT "power scaling" the fucking LOGOS next. Somewhere off in another thread around here, folks are actually power scaling fucking STICKERS. Like, generic-ass, rinky-dink supermarket/drugstore stickers that come in little cheap snack foods and whatnot.

I apologize to Grand Marshall if this reads like I'm snapping at him/her specifically. I'm not. I'm just making this 1000% crystal clear here: this is NOT a thread for anything even VAGUELY resembling any kind of a Power Scaling wank-a-thon. This is just fucking logos and symbols. That's it.

I swear, this "strength scaling" phenomenon in this fanbase needs to be put in mental health textbooks as a genuine fucking psychological pathology
:lol: . Understandable. I didn't really want to bring this kind of discussion here to be honest, I just couldn't resist. Not that I am any good at power scaling, but yeah it is getting quite far with the community. Also, I am a male. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I 100% support your work!
P O W E R

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:23 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:46 amAwesome! Yeah, I've got at least three more that if you could make vectors for, I'll add them to the list.

The first two are the ones I mentioned before for the characters Gravy and Putine from DB Heroes & Xenoverse:
You can clearly see them on their belts there (or in Gravy's case on his... er, crotch area).
First batch incoming. I had to try intuition with these two. I'll do the crest later.

Tell me the size that you want so that you won't scale them down as raster images or else they'll lose quality.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:47 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:46 am Just so we're clear: all of the Kanji's that I have are generally things that characters wear on their dogi uniforms and are used to donate affiliations (with martial arts schools, clans, families, cosmic status, etc). We're not just counting EVERY single solitary appearance of Japanese or Chinese writing that's in the series down to the last background traffic sign. :P

Again, character, organization, family, or faction-specific logos, emblems, crests, or insignia's are what we're after here.

Thank you though!
No prob ;), also it's good to know the "rules".

Ok then, how about this one?

The star is from the Chin-Star School. It appeared in a filler episode.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:51 pm

Desassina wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:23 pm
Kunzait_83 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:46 amAwesome! Yeah, I've got at least three more that if you could make vectors for, I'll add them to the list.

First batch incoming. I had to try intuition with these two. I'll do the crest later.

Tell me the size that you want so that you won't scale them down as raster images or else they'll lose quality.
Excellent! :D :D

On average, most of the logos are somewhere within the 500 x 500 pixel range. So both the ones you have there are fairly close to the mark as it is. I'll wait till you get the World King's crest done, then I'll update the original post. After that, I'll send you a PM with some of the already-existing ones that I think could use a bit of sharpening and general touching up.

Once again, thanks SO much for the assist! :thumbup: :thumbup:
SSJgogeto wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:47 pmNo prob ;), also it's good to know the "rules".

Ok then, how about this one?

The star is from the Chin-Star School. It appeared in a filler episode.
Way ahead of you. Its already on there, toward the lower end of the middle column right below the Capsule Corp logo and to the left of Suppaman's (Dr. Slump character who appeared in the Red Ribbon arc crossover) logo.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:49 pm

Oh, that's right :lol:

Ok, the last one for now:

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:35 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:49 pm Oh, that's right :lol:

Ok, the last one for now:

Hey that works! I'll see if I can add it later. Many thanks! :thumbup:

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:12 am

Here's an update on the lion crest for you to see how long it takes to get one done. Work in progress.

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:01 pm

Great job! Kinda weird how Quitela and Gin have the same logo.
What about baseball logos?
There's Yamcha's team, the Taitans:
The team he was playing against (don't remember if they ever mention their name):
And also Universe 7 and Universe 6 teams logos:

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:58 pm

emi_b7 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:01 pm Great job! Kinda weird how Quitela and Gin have the same logo.
What about baseball logos?
Crap, I didn't even think of the baseball teams! Good call! Will try to include those as well in the next forthcoming iteration of this list.

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread