Who will defeat Beerus first, Goku or Vegeta?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Who will defeat Beerus first, Goku or Vegeta?

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:06 pm

There's a lot of debate over whether Goku and Vegeta are stronger then Beerus right now.

Who will actually be first to defeat him in a 1v1 fight?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Who will defeat Beerus first, Goku or Vegeta?

Post by Lionel » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:02 pm

If this competition ever gets touched on again then I would expect Goku to be the first one. It was originally he who Beerus set out to find on the basis of the legend that circulated about the "Super Saiyan God". While Vegeta certainly made his own impression on the Hakaishin and vice-versa, Goku is still the one who everyone is keeping a close eye on as he continues to surprise everyone with his progress.

Ultra Instinct is this revered martial state that the deities and angels alike hold in high esteem. Beerus has apparently been pursuing this power himself for some time now as the manga shows during the battle royale amongst the Hakaishin. Who better to challenge and defeat him than the one that overtook his level and mastered the technique?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:10 pm

Neither i hope. If there is one thing Super did right it's keeping Beerus above Goku and Vegeta until the very end, even though it didn't make sense because it always looked like they make Beerus stronger every arc to make sure he is still above them. They failed at showing his power in BoG because in later arcs Goku or Vegeta with SSJ Blue should already be able to take him down easily. Unless god ki was simply nerfed which is more likely as having god ki literally meant nothing since non-god Frieza (a SSJ1 tier weakling) could beat SSJ Blue after 4 months of training and among all characters that gave them trouble, only Zamasu and Toppo in his anime-only form were able to use god ki. UI Goku might be stronger than Beerus but Goku can't (at least for now) use it again anyway and unless their next fight would be serious fight to defend Earth from being destroyed by Beerus (very unlikely to happen after ToP) Goku won't turn into UI.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:10 pm

I think a villain should defeat him.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147