Where does this image come from?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chrome0

Where does this image come from?

Post by Chrome0 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:05 pm

Where is this image from?
https://m.imgur.com/1ygLBc0
Last edited by Chrome0 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Re: Where does this image come from?

Post by Ajay » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:33 pm

It's a fun little info board that Shueisha prepared for their tour across the US to display at their various pop-up stands. Viz's staff translated it.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Chrome0

Post by Chrome0 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:23 am

Thank you!

Chrome0

Post by Chrome0 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:46 pm

Is there anywhere I could find this statement on Kanzenshuu? I can’t seem to find it anywhere.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:10 pm

Not sure what you mean by "statement". Do you mean a specific portion of the display?

For a little more context, check out the video version of podcast episode 455, our NYCC 2018 coverage: starting around 31:10, you see how the main exhibit was set up, including the full version of this timeline wall sorta thing.

We also talked a little bit about this shortly after on podcast episode 457, when we compared what the original Japanese text said in place of where Viz's translation actually uses the word "canon" (looks like we address that at 21:40).

I have photos of each individual segment of the translated timeline wall if you're interested in something in particular, but I'm sure others have already pieced together a nice version somewhere.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Chrome0

Post by Chrome0 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:00 pm

I was mostly referring to something showing where this image is from that is as credible as Kanzenshuu, there is a debate over credibility of another source and they’d like a link to see that this image is from Shueisha.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:25 pm

It would be a pretty convincing fake job for very little in return (other than the "canon" statement), but I guess I'm glad you (hopefully?) now feel confident in its legitimacy.

To be even more explicitly clear, this "History of Dragon Ball" timeline wall spanned six panels and was present at (I believe?) all stops during the "Dragon Ball North America Tour" that ran last year; my footage in the aforelinked video/podcast specifically comes from New York Comic Con back in October. Here's a creepy panoramic photo of the same thing.

It later popped up in Japanese as part of the Tokyo Skytree promotional exhibit for the Dragon Ball Super: Broly theatrical film.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Chrome0

Post by Chrome0 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:28 pm

I really appreciate your help, it seems it was sufficient. Thanks again!